Butler Vs. Saphire Pro1200 VS CDS 4.8/Salsa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I do but every once in awhile I've had to phone cleanco in canada and wait for a reply call.

And it would be the same thing with butler.

The Cleanco has been great but next time it would be something local.

Name
I'm Rick James
Jimmy L said:
I would buy a CDS 4.8 and just because I have a local interlink who could fix it if need be.

+1

The Salsa is a great unit, never had a problem with it. It could handle the $million$ per year each of your vans do.

I also have a 3 tier metal shelf for sale if anyone is interested..!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ive been pretty happy overall with my cds, although the heat is not quite what its cracled up to be (200ish sustaines with salsa package) I will be looking close at a 1200 next time around though. Seems like they did a lot to improve over the already good wm machine.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Larry my cleanco has 4 heat exchangers between the seats that will hold 190-200 all day long.

I know some locals who have slide ins with nuclear heat but they all complain about hoses bursting, fittings and other HEAT related issues that I don't have.

I don't clean greasy spoons or ghetto work so how much HEAT do I need?

SqUiRt And SuCK BabY and don't you forget it LOSER!

How do you spell LOSE Larry....how do you spell it?

You're one of those dumasses who spell it..........LOOSE!

Stick your lips around one of those POP guns you own and pull that fricken trigger!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
hold 190-200 all day long

with only FOUR HX'ers ...I'm imPresSed ....

I can't leave my hood up in the summer to cool the engine compartment while running though.
The thUgs in the ga-hetto will think I'm broke down and try to sOdomiZe me....

..l.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I do admit to leaving the hood up when it gets hot.

But years ago running a slide and the interior temps reached 130 degrees and that ain't no fun.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I was told if you're going to get a new direct drive it is better to go with a new or newer van, that's not the case for me so I am going w/ a slide in. I was looking @ the new pro 1200 myself.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just curious.
Who owned both a butler and a CDS and can tell which is better.

I've had a few CDS (Butler never quite made it here in the west coast) and hardly ever a problem with the machine. Problems with the Ford engine and transmission though. And unlike the Butlers I've seen, lots of space savings that allows me to carry lots of stuff I need in the van.

bensurdi said:
If you were going to buy a brand new direct drive system - which one of these units would you purchase and why?

The Butler that Bill posted pics of a few weeks back was flippin sweet.

Just curious why you would not want to go with a slide-in in a box truck? You could find one already set up for half the price.

If I was going to buy brand new, I would get a larger slide in like the 650 Everest in a sprinter or Nissan UV.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You know my vote....

Would be hard pressed to change. Butlers have worked great for us for years. Have cleaned with many units in the past. Just really good luck with the Butlers. Has made cleaning carpets fun.

Mark Saiger

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
im not a fan of direct drive units but I see many more very old butler units working still without problems. If you are mechanically inclined at all so you can fix the rare issue the butler may have then it isn't even a question. However if you know nothing about repairs and will need to take it to a service center then hydramaster has them everywhere with parts in stock.

Butler does have a stainless waste tank and a larger one.

S

sam miller

I would think a slide in because gas savings. I know I spend alot less on gas then say a butler or cds and moving the unit after the van dies is alot cheaper!

As for ease of use I wouldnt know I've only used slide ins! steam genie sgs 36, prochem 150, legend se, and 2 405's

I know I like Les's non proprietery parts ease of use and quick fix machines.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Who owned both a butler and a CDS and can tell which is better.
We've owned 2-CDS' and 4-Butlers. I like the Butlers much better, they seem to be built heavier for the long haul. Both cleaned well, so I'm pretty sure in you buy the max package for haet and vacuum either would satisify you.

I like the looks the the Pro 1200, I might buy one of them if it you had a local dealer for support. Even though direct drives have few issues it would be nice to have a local distributor.

TimP

I've had really very few problems with my CDS. I suspect a butler would be problem free too. I think no matter how you go with a van powered machine it will be reliable. My gripe is that it uses a lot of gas. Almost 2 gph. And that it doesn't produce mega heat when you want it. Other than that its a good machine. But if I buy another machine I'll probably lean towards a slide in to have that experience. I do have to say from what I've seen of Butler machines they make them so they are easy to work on so having a local distributor isn't a big deal if you're capable of your own maintenance and repairs. So far I've done all my own with my CDS, it's not too hard to figure out how to fix these machines. Any way you go you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom