Check My Bid That I Got Beat For

steve g

Name
steve garrett
$1800 isn't a bad price, if a machine costs your $15000, and its wore out at 5000 hours and you spent 6 k over that time on repairs and maintenance thats $4.20/machine hour. add in fuel thats another $4.50/hour. a gallon of ultrapak $30 bucks, wear and tear to drive to the job. lets say thats $30/trip. a job of that size I would figure 2 full days. 14 machine hours.

according to my math that is $211.8 is gross expenses. so on an $1800 job thats a gross profit of $1588.12 you still have insurance, phones, advertising, etc, to get to the net profit amount. on the carpet cleaning side, my expenses not tied to a job I figure around $1500 a mo. so on a job that takes 2 days, and I work 5 days a week. so an easy way to figure that is I need to assign about $68/work day to cover those expenses. or in this case $136, so net profit in 2 days $1452, total expenses about $350 for an O/O guy. for the guy that is doing it for $900, he is making $550 for 2 days of HARD work. or $34/hr. ummm I wouldn't work for that. if it was winter time I would do the job for the $1800 and take my $1400 bucks and go home. I would still want more money, if it was in the summer I don't think I would do it for $1800. if you have an employee, you can easily insert those numbers don't forget to add in workmans comp and payroll taxes.

bottom line is both guys make money its just a matter of how much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I figured a steam clean and Cimex encapped on some areas.
This is what he said. I'm just bidding on what he said.

Sub Par? I bet the encap looks better than the HWE side. Encap on CGD just looks better, I've got commercial accounts that just can't believe the cleaning we are doing for them. It also has stayed looking clean much longer that HWE.

What would it cost HWE? 800 ft an hour, 20-hours cleaning add an hour for trip there and back.

4-hours 5-trucks, 8-guys

.18 x 16000 =$2,880.00

32 man hours $90.00 man hour (Plus fuel)

I'd still do it but odds of getting it go way down at that price.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I guess I look at it differently than some.

If we spend 15-18 hours marketing can I get a few higher profit jobs? That is usually the question that I have.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Tuesday we were swapped and one of my supervisors had two floors at the University that needed to be Encapped.

We had an emergency water loss and so his crew went to it. I told him I would go help. We each caught a floor 2500 sqft each took about two hours including vacuuming and fetching our own water.

5000sq/ft x .15 =$750.00

$187.50 per man hour, and they were thrilled and we have more to do Saturday and Monday (hopefully without me!).

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Great job Richard :) I think this has spinned side ways. We were talking about the guy doing it for $900 not 1800 or 1900 or any other number. Ken said you could HWE it for $900 and still make $300

So who here can HWE extract this job for $900 and still make $300

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ken Snow said:
There is no absolute truth john and as usual u are full of shit- how u like them apples :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROFLMAO :) but I still have to disagree as numbers are absolute. You can twist them all you like but they are what they are.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right.

NO WAY would I do it for $900.00 HWE or Encap

We there is so little profit in those jobs I'd just rather sit and wait and see what happens. Many times a job much more profitable falls in our laps. Something we wouldn't be able to do if we off chasing our tail.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Doc Holliday said:
You're right.

NO WAY would I do it for $900.00 HWE or Encap

We there is so little profit in those jobs I'd just rather sit and wait and see what happens. Many times a job much more profitable falls in our laps. Something we wouldn't be able to do if we off chasing our tail.

What you just said was really what I was trying to say.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wouldn't do that job either but if I did I wouldn't go out of business like Jeremy said

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd go in after and get permission to run ONE white op pad over it.

Then I'd ask "did you save money or WASTE money on their cleaning?"

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I would have done my 16 step process on every inch of that place for $200 cash!! blowme

On the way home I saw several down and out people that would have done anything to make 40 dollars, and here we are bitching about working for a thousand dollars in a day.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If my truck only made 300 profit in one day I would go out of business

so you didn't say that? What you put up a bullshit argument against legit business people and then act like you never sadi it. That is the only reason I got involved in the discussion. I wouldn't do the job but I sure as hell wouldn't act like I was better than the guy that would and then act like I never said it

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I would prefer to not make it habit of making 300 per day. If I did I would probably walk away from this deal. I personally am not interested in living off of 300 per day even if all of that money went straight into my pocket tax free. That's really what I am saying.

I've worked for less many times in my life. I have also had times when I had plenty. I'm aiming for profitability. That's just me and not a judgment on how anyone else does it.

Hey dude, these are quotes from me. If you are interested in knowing where I'm coming from there you have. If you are interested in arguing over something else then please find someone else to do it with.

Clearly I am talking about making 300 per day every day. I was not talking about one single instance.

I've got a feeling that you do not have a clue about my business.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The internet is a funny place.
again responding to you. get your cheese straight

the new ab surdi raises its head or better yet the guy from New York Never Cleaner or something, real nice guy but the same guys as this one

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JHC....fellows... :roll:

I give you a "silver bullet"...for accounting & operation of your companies.... :idea:

Then you guys..."shoot yourself in the foot with-IT".... :oops:

YOU CANNOT CONTROL INCOME IN THIS BUSINESS... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

YOU CAN ONLY CONTROL "COST".... !gotcha!

"Lets make this SIMPLE..1 more time..!!!!"

$100.00 .....gross ticket

Labor cost: 30% =...... $30.00
Operating cost: 30% =.$30.00
Owner Profit: 30% = ...$30.00

The additional 10% is used as a saftey net & capital investment... :idea:

*labor cost is calculated on the TRUCK PRODUCTION..."Doesn't matter how many employees"
*If you work alone...Invest the 30% into growth of biz....Or a disability/retirement policy..!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
am I making too much. I keep looking at the profit and everyone else is looking at how ai got there

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Greg, bro, please read the posts from me in this thread. I said that it was not judgment from me or any comment towards anyone else's business model. There are many ways to do it and many ways are right. I respect all men that make a plan and work it. Matter of fact, I like what I know about your business model and have learned from you.

I guess you are used to blow hards that have little respect for others. I never said anything like that. Just chill man.

I never even laid out an argument about any other idea. I just said I didn't want to make a habit of doing business like that. I also said I'm a rookie at CCing and open to suggestions.

Geez man drink a beer and enjoy yourself.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see you in 5 yrs. The only reason I responded was your disregard of a profit. 2 yrs in and your profitable company. Good luck. I wish you well. Don't learn from me , my life is unique I do not have to support anyone and have extra cash

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Pride is a killer...

...I refuse to try to say my pecker is bigger to win an argument.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I haven't been cleaning carpet long. Matter of fact, I've probably only cleaned carpet 20-30 times total.

So I really don't know what to do about the profile. I'm pretty sure it's dated. I haven't thought about it when my anniversary comes around yearly.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
On the way home I saw several down and out people that would have done anything to make 40 dollars, and here we are bitching about working for a thousand dollars in a day.

Unfortunately Daniel, if a company does what needs to be done and doesn't make those 1000's, they will be on the street as well, they and their family.

The other unfortunate thing is probably 80% of those down and out people wouldn't do anything for $40, short of stand at a left turn lane and walk back and forth with cap in hand. If you want to see them disappear, just tell them you'll going to go around the block to come back and pick them up so they can work for that $40.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
did a private school last August, just slightly bigger for $4000

It was a last minute deal, they told me it would be a yearly job but they haven't returned any phone calls to schedule it this year

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
You can get a Whittaker with a loaded sprayer on it and lawn-mow that school in relativley no time at all. If people want crap work cheap, find an avenue to give it to them.

With that machine (I don't have one, and really don't like the overall idea) and one person moving desks you could walk away laughing in no time flat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom