Cimexed a 10,000 ft dinning hall today.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Put some Big Wheels on those Mexes; and your chimps will go even faster to improve your bottom line.

For $Marty:

I agree with sometimes going over the carpet with a bonnet after Mexing;

For this, I use my Sprayborg.

It does remove extra soiling and any encap; left in the carpet will still help stop re-soiling, will still crystallize and still break down to a fine powder to be easily vacuumed out by the janitorial cleaners.

Thanks to the late Gary Heacock, the small bonnets under the Mex; I also use for cleaning upholstery.

There are many ways and means of doing this.

:yoda:

PS:: I don't clean upholstery with my Mex; :oldrolleyes:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Put some Big Wheels on those Mexes; and your chimps will go even faster to improve your bottom line.

For $Marty:

I agree with sometimes going over the carpet with a bonnet after Mexing;

For this, I use my Sprayborg.

It does remove extra soiling and any encap; left in the carpet will still help stop re-soiling, will still crystallize and still break down to a fine powder to be easily vacuumed out by the janitorial cleaners.

Thanks to the late Gary Heacock, the small bonnets under the Mex; I also use for cleaning upholstery.

There are many ways and means of doing this.

PS:: I don't clean upholstery with my Mex; :oldrolleyes:

Then you should have bought a Trinity instead.

Dang Mike that place was nasty. I can't believe you made it look good just by scrubbing. In reality how much easier was it than simply running two wands off your AT with an enzyme prespray? Seems like it would have taken about the same amount of time with better results.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
Dang Mike that place was nasty. I can't believe you made it look good just by scrubbing. In reality how much easier was it than simply running two wands off your AT with an enzyme prespray? Seems like it would have taken about the same amount of time with better results.

Gotta say I agree with Daniel. Seems a food spill room should get HWE not a smear job. But, I guess they didn't want to pay for real cleaning. Still, a nice payday. Nice job, Mike.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Then you should have bought a Trinity instead.

$Marty, there is a slight difference in voltage between the U.S. and Australia, otherwise I would have bought one previously.

As far as I'm aware, John doesn't do 220/240 volt equipment.

'There is only one of his machines that I know of down under, & the owner retro-fitted a new motor & wiring.

Closest we have is Trinity Inlet here in Cairns. :razz:

Take care my 'bama boy. :winky:

Reactions: hogjowl

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
More and more people are flying over us to get to the gulf coast. Which is really aggravating to me, because those people are destroying our redneck culture.

You’re an EXTREME redneck when… (these are wonderfully tasteless)
+ You let your 14-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.
+ You’ve been married three times and still have the same in-laws.
+ You wonder how service stations keep their rest-rooms so clean.
+ Someone in your family died right after saying, ‘Hey, guys, watch this.’
+ Your wife’s hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.
+ Your junior prom offered day care.
+ The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than you do.
+ You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Not every job is the same and we all approach things differently. Jim Martin chimed in on a recent thread and said it even better then I just did. I see 8-10k of sometimes hammered crap like that several times per year. I pass only because I don't want to be there 10-14 hours by myself. But 5 hours with a crew, good for Mr. P. And .28 per sq?, worth every penny.

Aside from some weak vacuuming there's no real maintenance going on there, or anywhere. It's freeking hammered and the alternative is to adopt a "real" maintenance program where they will crap when they see the labor+pixie+plus machine/pads to scrub that 3-4 times per year. Maybe Mikes church custies down there in Cruz land have more pennies in the fund, or the market in general down there just bears more$. Mike also knows how to sell. Hell we all need to sell.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Awesome Rick! Hopefully this time they move for you. They are definitely worth having in the bag of tricks. Not very expensive, washable and last a long time. We don't use them all the time but they certainly help to break up the bad stuff.

If you own a Cimex you should order at least a set and see for yourself. You'll be won over and buy a few more after than! :headbang:

Reactions: rwcarpet

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
They serve 1800 meals on most days..

They maintain it with a Host machine but call us when it gets too gnarly.

20140911_125414_zpsbadbdr5k.jpg

They know HWE/post VLM is the way to go but can only afford VLM and it's reduced down time.

We do post pad most of it as you can see.

20140911_131936_zpsevhs8h6a.jpg

The grungy thick kitchen entry areas got a blast of straight ammonia first, then the Mex, followed by as many pads as it took to get the mud out..

5 hours, 10,000 sf @.28.

I gave the boys a C each note for the hustle

Not to prod a sleeping bear but didn't you just bust my ass for suggesting you could clean 30 k in a day with 3 cimex's?
Just saying nice job and it looks good. great price. I would take that any day.
Let's get on the phone in the a.m

I guess I just want understand until I actually run a cimex on a grease filled carpet. From the looks it is basically like a restaurant carpet, and a good enzyme prespray like powerburst with emulsifier rinse should have made that carpet pop especially if you extracted with RX-20 or did a prescrub. I would have steam cleaned it with two trucks and been done with it. IF I owned an AT two wands would have knocked it out. Anyways looks really good Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is it that hard to read WHERE I GAVE THEM THE OPTION TO STEAM CLEAN but they like the Cimex results better?

I cleaned a 4 large sections with 4 different methods, let it dry and they made the decision based on results and cost.

Reactions: daniel@procarpet

Robseyes

Name
Bob
Very impressive! I'm a new member....first post. What was your procedure for this place again?
1. Prevac
2. Release it (which version of it?)
3. Spotted with diluted ammonia in the really greasy areas
4.post bonnet
I've cleaned for many years & have only used VLM for maintenance only......mostly HWE. I would love to hear how other cleaners do VLM (products, spotters, etc). I'm not getting any younger & I need to do what it takes to keep this bod going!
Thanks for your help.
Bob

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Mikey the ammonia thing is new to me, can you expand on that?

Ash the non dirty part of the pad looks too white to be a glad? zorb or primo pad is my guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom