Cobbs Powermax

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Stuff rocks. I mix it 2 ounces per gallon in my battery operated sprayer. Even on the nastys. Also order it online and you will get better shipping rates. My customers always comment on the great smell.

Golden Boy

F

FB7777

Yep, stuff is awesome

Love the scent

And under $120 for a pail. Shipping included

Works great on tile too.

dday

Fred Boyle said:
Yep, stuff is awesome

Love the scent

And under $120 for a pail. Shipping included

Works great on tile too.

Shipping $49.89 for one pail = about $150

Of course the sales guy said "about $20 for shipping" when he took the order, and even Cobb's website said $25. So Fantasy price is about $120/pail, but the "Value" price is close to $150. Almost makes S&G look cheap by comparison.

I've been ordering from Cobb since 2002, and I have never been charged that much to ship a bucket of Powder.

It is good stuff. But its price has just increased by 50% over its listed internet price.

Name
Ron lippold
Slop and gobble 1 scoop a gallon and watch out amazing results. Just gets better and better. You got guess at what your getting.
And the best customer service in the business.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've arranged for a Slop vs. Powermax shoot out.

meAt will be doing the shooting so look for the truf.

unless a flannel wearing sister shows up at the section 8 and ruins his concentration. :lol:

F

FB7777

David

Fantasy price? Not if you buy direct from Cobbs

Go to Cobbs website... Flat rate for a $99.95 pail of Powermax is $19.95

Just bought a pail for $119.90

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I think the first time I called in the order it was 30 to 40 bucks. Then I ordered it online and it was around 19 bucs to ship it. Perfect. Didnt have to talk to anybody. Again no reason to mix over 2 ounces per gallon. Its dirt cheap. Ive tried all of the top of the line pre sprays. Nothing better. If it was 150 a pail I would use it. Told tell Larry that.

Golden Boy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I order 3 at a time, so just under the $300 threshold....so i add a this or that, and it costs me $30...so thats 10 bones a pail, which still leaves it at under 110 a pail....

and i dunno why yall have so much issue....

maybe its all the mixed uhhhh whats it called...different sounds of your voices....

but i have not had a problem once.....then again, i always call, and double check what the ship price is.....on most things (as i understand) its based off of a $$$ amount ordered...

so quit bouncing around how much you order and keep it straight in your head...

whew maybe i am glad i am not a supplier

dday

So I guess when you phone in the order you are charged both shipping + salesman's vig, and both are lumped together and called "shipping." If that is Larry's policy then he should make it clear.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I get mine for $119 for a 45lb bucket delivered to my door. Order it online and it is $99.95 for the product and $19.95 for shipping

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
just ordered a bucket a few days ago..texas to fla 119.00

love the stuff..will never see us change from it!! go from carpet to tile to uph no problem

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
larry as most online suppliers has two shipping pricing structures for online versus phone orders. It is very hard to estimate accurate shipping online so he bases it off of dollar value. On the phone he bases it off of actual shipping charges.

Depending on what you are ordering and how much both can be a bargain. A good example of a bargain for online would be his brightener product at 10.95 a gallon. You could order 9 gallons and pay only 20 dollars shipping. That is a lot of product for 20 bucks in shipping.

I tend to always order over the phone because he has a $400 free shipping policy. That is a huge bargain in my opinion. So I order a few months worth of stuff and it just shows up. $400 is not that much stuff even for a one truck guy.

Items I order:

Powdered brightner
Powermax bucket
Citrus solv
Pog
solvent protector (for upholstery)
odor attack powder for sub surface extraction.

Nearly everything I order in buckets or 5 gallons. Just an extra note, he has another policy that gives additional discount when you have 25 combined gallons of product over the phone. meaning two buckets of powermax, a 5 gallon of protector, and 10 gallons of fabric brighter would qualify for the combined 25 gallon of products. saves a buck or two a gallon on most his products.

He is such a bargain in my opinion I sometimes wonder if he even makes any money off me sending this stuff to California for free.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Cobbs Powermax

Ron Lippold said:
Slop and gobble 1 scoop a gallon and watch out amazing results. Just gets better and better. You got guess at what your getting.

Did you miss the title of this post?

Quit being rude and start your own thread.

For the record Cobbs products are great and I've never had any shipping problems. Of course I plan ahead and don't wait till the last second to place my order.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SteveMarsh1

Mr waldron...please do not belittle my Friend Ron Lippold...he is the only person here to have raced against the nascar greats...and what have you done?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Blue Monarch said:
I've seen him lug a keg up two flights of stairs. That's "somethin"!

Wal'Doh???
now that's bad azzzzz :lol:

I had the opportunity to try out some PM Thursday .
i didn't bother setting up the side by sides w/S&G cause both jobs that day were minimal/light soil .

What I noticed most was the AWESOME fragrance.
Not over powering , just a very VERY pleasant fragrance
I haven't smelled any cleaning chems that nice since Genicare Clean-It...fo-reel

should have a dandy for the first side by sides tomorrow though .
It's trashed with variety of spills, spots and soil.
Don't know if I'll be able to take pics though ...cause this a resi job and I don't think this lady would be cool with me taking pics

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Looking forward to Larry’s side by side.
PM is great for piss soaked carpets as are all oxidized presprays.
I don’t think does as good a job of general soil removal as the heavy hitters Larry likes to use.

F

FB7777

Glad you mentioned the great fragrance of Powermax Larry

When a carpet is heavily soiled, regardless of the presprays you decide to flood the carpet with, you really should be using rotary jet extraction to agitate and flush the carpet

It's the great equalizer

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fred Boyle said:
When a carpet is heavily soiled, regardless of the presprays you decide to flood the carpet with, you really should be using rotary jet extraction to agitate and flush the carpet

no sir
Don't own one actually.
only rented them in the past for yearly student rental production blasting .( RX20)
Rotaries ext'rs means always bring in/using two tools (a wand to cut and roto ext'r to clean ope areas)
If we need to bring in two tools to clean it, it will be a rotary scrubber and wand..cause that's better than any roto ext'r currently made .

I should note, there is almost always two men on the van.
I might think different if just 1 man crew

the carpets will be thoroughly flush/rinse extracted though.

[roto ext'r] It's the great equalizer

you mean it makes up for less than great juices ???
Mechanical agitation would actually skew the results I'm trying to determine

if I know juices X-Y or Z are this or that, and i know juice Q bested the rest, I then know if I use Q juice under a roto scrub , followed by flush/rinse extract, I then know that nothing, or no one on the planet could make it cleaner

naw'mean?

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

Rotary jet is superior cleaning and efficient wise to 175 and wand, Lar

On commercial you don't need a wand when you use rotary jet extraction. Only spots you can't hit are tiny triangles in corners. Take off the cuff or towel the spot

One guy pulling hoses and one running the rotary tool... You'd be amazed how fast and cleaner the carpets come out

Stick to painting section 8s and leave the carpet cleaning expert opinions to the guys that are successful at it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fred Boyle said:
Stick to painting section 8s and leave the carpet cleaning expert opinions to the guys that are successful at it

***** please. :roll:
Most of you were still in the stone age when Greenie taught you guys to open up your TMs
i did all that shit before Greenie was getting his ass busted in the Marine Corp and you were running Bane's

i know that rotary ext'rs have been a big boost to many..but that's cause many don't know how to clean

roto ext'rs can be more efficient , but they're not better than a roto scrub and slow flush/rinse extract w/2gpm flow .

I understand from those in know, the RX20 is still the King of The Hill, and I'm quite familiar with it.
it won't beat a roto scrub and flush/rinse extract

.l.T.A.

S

sam miller

Ron Lippold said:

I like slop and gobble but the lack of dilemonene is something to consider I use a local janitorial supply citrus for the stuff most presprays cant get out. Even prespray's with dilemonene Prekleen ect need help on grease spots and real heavy oily areas.

ps if your pushing 240 @ the wand then You probably dont need the citrus it just melts hell You probably dont need much of anything!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom