Cobbs protector

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so is this stuff suppose to be diluted???

And at what rate??

Because all it says on the bottle is something about 20 oz, per 1000 ft...

This is the one thing I wished Larry would change....

Little better instructions on the products

Steve Manier

I use Ultraseal Impregator and the Ultraseal fabric protector all the time and have never diluted it...I think they might both the same but labeled different...Waiting on Larry to respond in another thread...Stuff is great!

Name
Nate W.
You can't dilute a solvent based protector... Depending on what tip you use to apply it, depends on how much you can cover... !gotcha!

So what type of sprayer will you be applying it with?

Steve Manier

Nate, I would think the same but now I see the guys that sell Color Clad are selling concentrated solvent sealer...They sell it in pints...1 pint makes a gallon...Just add water...It's new and I'm waiting to read some reviews of it over on the DG board..Doug, to answer your question, I think that is the coverage rate per RTU gallon

Name
Nate W.
Steve Manier said:
Nate, I would think the same but now I see the guys that sell Color Clad are selling concentrated solvent sealer...They sell it in pints...1 pint makes a gallon...Just add water...It's new and I'm waiting to read some reviews of it over on the DG board..Doug, to answer your question, I think that is the coverage rate per RTU gallon

Thanks for the heads up Steve... I'll look into it... :oops:

Steve Manier

No problem Nate...It confused me too LOL...It would benefit guys like you and others that get screwed on shipping to get it in concentrate instead of paying for all the water weight..He, (Color Clad Guy) claims most solvent based sealers are diluted with water Ivebeensold

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
helll i dunno what i am putting it on with yet...

some damn sprayer from HD or Lowes somewhat amus somewhat amus somewhat amus

unless someone has a better sprayer???

chrissalter

Steve Manier said:

He's looking for carpet protectant this shiat is for hard floors not carpet :lol:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

All of our solvent-based protectors are NOT diluted at all.

They spray with a small jet (8001 or 80015) to achieve coverage of 1000 to 1200 sq. ft./gallon on carpet or fabric.

The "over 20oz/yard" referred to carpet pile weight for protector coverage.

Larry

Steve Manier

Yeah Chris I figured that out after a while LOL :lol: ...You can't go wrong with any of Cobbs sealers and protectors! Great Price, Great performance, and smells great too!

Steve Manier

PS... Nate, I have no fookin idea of what I'm talking about when it comes the difference between solvent based, water based and this new concentrate "Solvent mixed with water" grout sealer that Color Clad is selling...Your best bet is to reasearch it! I'm still confused! :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom