Cold Weather Opps.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, the cold has set upon NE Ohio. Biggest concern (at 15* and 40 mph winds) is quick freeze of water hoses. We fire up the TM, run all the vac and pressure lines to the garage door, get the supply water to the door, then quickly get the water flowing and cleaning. No problems once the water is moving in the lines. Close the garage door to the hoses, and get to work. At cleanup time, pressure hoses away first, then the vac.

Only 2 more months of this.

coldwether.jpg

And, oh yes.....this van does clean at $500,000 houses!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Cold weather is why I run electric. Winter is easier when you can pull into a garage and shut the door.(For me and my clients)

When I can't. Having very hot propane heat helps a bunch.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I always drain solution hoses as we wrap up, thus when we start the next job they CAN'T freeze. Carry 100' spool of solution to the far point and unreel back to truck and plug it in. We have the 50' spot well-marked on the solution hose so I also know exactly where to put the 1st 50' coil of vacuum host.

I start the TM, Jonathan starts prespraying, usually within 5 minutes of arrival.

I connect the vacuum hose to the truck and bring the door jamb if needed.

ALWAYS drain hoses, wands, and tools of water, including inline sprayer valves and wands.

Magic One

RW more snow tomorrow, so I cancelled that job. My bones are getting too old for this shit. I try not to work Sat. but lady has a day care center.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Magic One said:
RW more snow tomorrow, so I cancelled that job. .

we generally don't work weekends, but we were at it today and on the road by 9
roads EVERYWHERE were snow covered ice
30-40 mph winds ....."bitter" is the best way to describe it.

glad the van is home and tucked in for the weekend

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We just sent 3-crews out to a nursing home pipe break. That little bit of cold we had for a couple of days is already generated some work.

Amazing what some low temps do for business, of course as usual it comes in Friday at 4:30. oh well what are gonna do. :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Richard C. said:
We just sent 3-crews out to a nursing home pipe break. That little bit of cold we had for a couple of days is already generated some work.

Amazing what some low temps do for business, of course as usual it comes in Friday at 4:30. oh well what are gonna do. :mrgreen:

must real cold for YOU in front of that monitor, eh??
do you make Lacy walk out to the parking lot to start your car so it's warm before you head home? :lol:

..L.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom