collasped suction hose

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
For you high heat and #5 blower + people.

When the hose collaspes just below the cuff, do you cut it off or try to reshape it?

Mine collasped fairly bad today on CGD.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Marty said:
Back when you could find Greenie, he sold me a thingy to keep mine from collapsing on me.

i got one....but i dont use it...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Windtrax hose was useless for us because it would collapse or kink easily once it got hot. Once kinked...it was impossible to "unkink". Soon a 50' section was chopped to pieces.

We run a 47 blower, HX machine...so middle of the road.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea i bought 100' from joe.....make sure it has the blue lining in it...

been very happy...

like Lee said, once it kinks from the heat, its never the same

John Watson

You are correct, cut it off, Use this hose closer to the tank... or it will keep on doing it. Replace with good quality hose is the most expensive but the best fix. Get your first 100 ft of a good quality hose should be the 2nd lowest cost repair. Greenie had those hose bender enders (Look like coiled pig tails) find them for cheapest fix but if pulled taught it will still bend..and kink..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Amflex hose. It isn't joe's or lil better it is Amflex and yes we have it but shipping isn't cheap so if your local guy doesn't carry Amflex I will be happy to work you up a price.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

is that the light weight CRAP that was the board de jour hose here a few years ago??

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not sure what your talking about as what I have isn't crap. No one here wants the flexhaust anymore. They are even willing to trade in the flexhaust that comes with their new Prochem's for 25% of retail towards Amflex so whatever your calling crap this ain't it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
..ouch
How much you selling the "traded in" hose for?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

if it's the same lt wt CRAP Greenie was hawking a few years ago, it IS JUNK.
If the TM has any heat or suck, you start with 50 ft and six months your down to 30ft.

lighter, then add those stupid bend restrictions to make it more bulky so the CRAP doesn't kink twice a week :roll:

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Get this... So.I was looking to get two 50'cleaning sections of 2.5 hose and was going to pick it up my self with a 1.5 hour drive(I like to drive anyway) .. Anyway where I was planing to drive to was just a drop point for Interlink so they had no inventory there. When I was talking to the owner of interlink in Illinois he said the 2.5 hose will cost me $200.00 plus $40 for shipping for 1 50 footer..
_
I called Joe, $100 per hose any color I wanted, and $50 for shipping.. Joe has it going on and if you can't deal with someone with a little different personallity not sure how you can deal with your custies day to day.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Get this... So.I was looking to get two 50'cleaning sections of 2.5 hose and was going to pick it up my self with a 1.5 hour drive(I like to drive anyway) .. Anyway where I was planing to drive to was just a drop point for Interlink so they had no inventory there. When I was talking to the owner of interlink in Illinois he said the 2.5 hose will cost me $200.00 plus $40 for shipping for 1 50 footer..
_
I called Joe, $100 per hose any color I wanted, and $50 for shipping.. Joe has it going on and if you can't deal with someone with a little different personallity not sure how you can deal with your custies day to day.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not sure what your talking about Larry but the hose I'm selling is holding up just fine on Prochem 650's steam way 4100 and 2100 and Genisis 59's and everything in between in all tempatures and hose runs from 100' to 1200'

S

sam miller

I bought a 2.5 inch hose from jondon was running it ot the wand light easy to use but kinked alot.

bought some from Joe alot thicker more flexible but really heavy and a plastic wrap for the uen to keep from kinking.

not really great for tight spaces and rooms with furniture. I run 2.5 to the door now and drop to 2in which I've never had kink or crush, my 1.5 in whip for stairs does twist and crush and yes I cut it down.

Joe sells spiral wrap bend restrictors.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't know why there are some ragging on the superflex hose Greenie was promoting. I've been using a 50ft length of 2" for 4yrs now, only lost a foot or two at most. The 2.5" is doing just fine.
what are you guys doing to it???

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I didn't know you cleaned carpet , John

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
mine is just fine to.....

your off on this one meat....

what's "off" is the 15-25ft (?) piece i tried some years ago.
i was suspect of it when i saw it, that's why I didn't buy before i tried

within a few months we cut more than 10ft off.
Once it kinks at the wand, it's a soft spot that will kink all the damn time

they wouldn't be selling those gOofy azz bend restrictions if it was "so fine" !gotcha!

.l.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
maybe.....does it have the blueliner inside???

could have been a bad hose to....

all i know is the "good ole stuff" with my heat, was kinking every time i pulled it back and left it "loose" in a coil to work back up another area....

or kick it back with your foot....and you get that funny sucking sound from a kink :x :x :x :x :x

this liner stuff...bought it from Joe...almost a year, and no cuts yet....right at the wand it is starting to "bend" a little...so i tell the chimp to rotate it.. but on the 360 and RX its fine....

try it again...you will like it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom