Commerical Carpet Class

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
There is a Commercial Carpet Cleaning class next week in Dallas. Trying to decide if it's worth sending my technician to it. If you've been, was it worth it? It would be 3 nights hotel and expenses, plus the cost of the class and test. This is the only certification he hasn't gotten that pertains to the services we offer.

What say you?

amygeorge

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It depends Amy

A) What you hope him to learn
B) Who the instructor is and what the syllabus for the class is.
C) Whether or not you feel there will be a good ROI on the investment in your employee through increased knowledge, productivity etc.

One thing to always also consider is that there is likely to be an equipment "agenda" and there may be pressure for additional monies being spent. This is not necc a bad thing in any way, just something to think about. Also I assume you are going to pay your technician so that cost (or lack of creating revenue) needs to be part of your decision.

Ken

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO..you can learn more on this board then what any class has to offer......hook your tech up to the board and have him start searching and asking questions.......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends????? Education is always great. Who's the instructor?

The class when I took it several years ago didn't include anything about encapsulation or low moisture. I think the little blip about low moisture showed a picture of a Chemstractor. :shock:

But that was when the class first came out so I'm sure it's better now.

However I think you should attend and disseminate the info that applies back to the tech's that do the cleaning.

Actually for that much expense, just buy a Cimex and watch a few video's and ask any questions here.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If I were new, just starting out, I might take it, but if you have anybody on staff who knows what they are doing, then just let this dude learn under him.

It's kinda like "teaching" how to pressure wash concrete. :roll:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ignorance said:
Just this one time, you can listen to Porkchop.

Usually I would say ignore him, if at all possible. :p

:mrgreen:

word on the street is that he failed to concrete pressure washing class.........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: Commercial Carpet Class

The main difference between the CCT and the CMT is building security, check in check out procedures ,low moisture cleaning (if the instructor knows what he is talking about) maintenance schedules and things like that. If your tech is cleaning a lot of commercial buildings after hours and they do not have their CCT then it would be worth it. The CMT counts as the pre-requisite the same as CCT. If the distributor turns it into a sales fest then you will know not to send your tech to their location again. Our classroom is in a separate building from our showroom for that very reason. Technicians should not be coming back saying we have to buy this and have to buy that because the distributor said so.

When you pay to get educated that is what you should get in my not so humble opinion.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If he's a cleaning tech, has already been to the carpet cleaning class and you already know how to sell and set up commercial accounts he might not get much out of the class. I hear good things about Jeff Cutshall, so if any of these things are needed, you might send him with a specific agenda to get more information out of the instructor and the other attendees than out of the class.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Amy,
Since he hasn’t been to the CCT class yet I’d say he could benefit from this one. The CCT and CMT are pretty similar. I teach 5 classes for JonDon and since I still have a commercial carpet cleaning company in KC this one is one of my favorite classes.

We’ll talk about encapsulation, maintenance programs, etc., since I do a lot of it in my own company. I am also still cleaning carpets. Hopefully we’ll have a cimex and other equipment to demo. If not I may be tempted to toss one in the back of my 1973 station wagon hatchback and bring one down. No worries I promise I won’t turn it in to a sales fest and the JonDon staff at the Garland store are great folks.

So far it’s a smaller class so we should have a good amount of hands-on especially the second day. If you go to Jon Don’s website under resource center you can download the commercial cc manual if you’d like.

With shady characters like Chavez and porkchop on this board you might want to think twice before introducing him here. Let him keep his innocence as long as possible.

Jeff Cutshall
Feel free to e-mail me if you have any other questions. jeffc@jondon.com

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Thanks, everyone! I think we're headed that way! We already do commercial accounts, but not like most of you guys. We do small businesses, no big high rises in this part of the world, unless you count one of the banks. It has five floors... We use a cimex already. Bill Yeadon was talking about a new encap machine coming out soon. I hope they have one at Jon Don when we're there. It's lighter than the cimex and now that we have a new van, we have to lift that heavy machine into the van. there is no we to that statement, I don't do it! anyway, it's no the procaps machine, something new from europe.

amygeorge

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Amy,

Get a folding aluminum ramp for heavy equipment, I got a nice one from a local mom n pop pharmacy that sold wheel chair accessories, etc. I'd always carry the Orbot, Cimex, Dehus, and even my 300 lbs heater up n down it if I had to w/out any issues.

randy

Name
Randy
Harbour fright has this handy folding ramp for $137 (item # 94057) that can handle up to 1200 lbs. I final bought one to make loading our 285Lb air compressor and 275 lb negative air MACHINE A little easier. It's a great ramp for the money and we use it for the Cimex also.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Jeff is a great guy, not only is he a trainer but also lives commercial carpet cleaning. Several years ago he allowed us to come down and visit him to show us what he was doing with the Cimex. He's very knowledgeable with this subject and his experience should make for a great class.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
we have ramps, just don't work with the "new to us" van we bought. it wasn't designed with a cimex, much less anything else in mind. as a matter of fact, we hope to reconfigure the van soon. our old van was smaller, but could hold much more because it was designed well. the things you learn...

RickL

randy said:
Harbour fright has this handy folding ramp for $137 (item # 94057) that can handle up to 1200 lbs. I final bought one to make loading our 285Lb air compressor and 275 lb negative air MACHINE A little easier. It's a great ramp for the money and we use it for the Cimex also.
THANKS for the tip just picked one up. They didn't have them out in the store had to go in the back and get one. I've looked there before and didn't see anything that would work, just took knowing what to ask for!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that is a nice ramp! i store my ramp across the width of the van so that one wouldn't work for me. i bought (used) a lighter 5' aluminum folding ramp from a large wheelchair showroom locally. the Harbor Freight ramp is beefier tho, mine only holds like 500 LB's...good find Randy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom