Company credit cards

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
If you have a company credit card that you let your techs use to purchase gas or necessary supplies for jobs, do you have a written company card policy that I could take a look at (or shamelessly modify for my own needs)?

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Oh well then I'm not the idiot :) Not my circus, not my monkeys :) The two techs we'd be giving them to are very responsible. Well, one of them is. The other one is a relative so she knows better.

Reactions: SamIam

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Cards for employees have a much smaller limit than Scott's card or mine. They stay in the lock box until techs pick up the van for the day and go back in the box when they leave for the night, to be used only for fuel and other business related purposes as instructed by Scott or myself, receipts to be turned in daily, misuse may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination, etc, etc. Other things to consider?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You don't need the physical card, you just need the number and expiry date. I would rather make an arrangement with a fuel supplier that they can go to and pay them monthly or whatever your arrangement is. I used to work for a large company, who policy was, at the end of the day, we filled up the tank before we came back to the shop, even if it was almost full. The gas station was 5 minutes from the shop. The shop steward looked after the oil, coolant and other fluids. Your techs shouldn't have any other expenses.

Reactions: darcie smith

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I give my tech my Costco gas card every third day to fill tank he gets s receipt and returns card!

He lost it once in 4 years and we cancelled card immediately!

Ended up finding a week later.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I like capital one cards for this task. You can set spending limits, shut the card off anytime online and set it up to get a text message every ime the cards are used. I also get cash back.
A written policy!? Guess I should do that. Just a verbal policy for now but haven' had any issues.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
when spring hits and both trucks are out taking care of the chaos i don't want to come back to the shop only to find empty van tanks. cards will stay locked up at the shop every night.

Reactions: SamIam

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
We use to use Fuelman Gas cards. Recently switched to WEX. Each tech gets a pin they have to input into the pump each time it’s used. You can set spending limits per 24 hours as well as say how many times they can gasup in a 24 houf period.you can also limit what each card can be used for (ie unleaded gas only, diesel only, or both, oil, wipers, drinks, etc...) there’s a ton of flexibility to fit your needs. We save .10 per gallon. Our techs gas up st the completion of their route EVERYDAY regardless of how much they used. At the pump, the driver has to input truck mileage (after his pin) before pumping, that way you can run reports per truck to see how much fuel was used and how many miles were driven and compare MPG. Hope this helps

Beeks

Name
J.R.
We use to use Fuelman Gas cards. Recently switched to WEX. Each tech gets a pin they have to input into the pump each time it’s used. You can set spending limits per 24 hours as well as say how many times they can gasup in a 24 houf period.you can also limit what each card can be used for (ie unleaded gas only, diesel only, or both, oil, wipers, drinks, etc...) there’s a ton of flexibility to fit your needs. We save .10 per gallon. Our techs gas up st the completion of their route EVERYDAY regardless of how much they used. At the pump, the driver has to input truck mileage (after his pin) before pumping, that way you can run reports per truck to see how much fuel was used and how many miles were driven and compare MPG. Hope this helps
After looking at WEX, what card had the options you mentioned here?

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
After looking at WEX, what card had the options you mentioned here?
I believe we went with the RaceTrac version of the Fleet card. When you set up your account you choose a “default” gas station. We chose RsceTrac. If your drivers fuel up there it’s your greatest savings (the savings increases with the total monthly gallons purchased as an account). Your drivers can still
Use other stations but the savings is minimal. It really seems like 90-95% of stations accept the card so it’s quite convenient

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom