Complete and total control...........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with just one finger.....

IMG_6100.jpg

It is a 2000 PSI hydraulic/water metering valve....it is color coded for the pressures...

IMG_6102.jpg

green being the lowest ( about 200 PSI ) and gold being the highest...so the highest will be what ever I set my regulator to at the truck....

I clean with about 350 PSI..but now and then I will hit a bad area that need some extra work or more flushing...so if I set the regulator on my machine in the truck to about 500/600 PSI..Then I can just take my finger and bump it up to the next color..and when I am done just run it down to my normal cleaning pressure/color......no need to take your hand off the trigger...

Got the idea from ...Studebaker and just ran with it a bit......

K P

Pretty nifty Jim,is it just that extra "T" with a male on it?or is the meter valve built into it?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that whole rectangle gold block with the silver knob it the metering valve..

It is plumbed it right into the machine....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I dont know how many times at BLUEline I told the guys we needed something like that. That could be used on wands or anything. The clean areas very low pressure, dirty areas crank it up. Perfect!!!! Where do I get one?

Thank you

Adam

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Sweet. Great idea. I could put those on the greenhorns or even better yet a tile tool. Run @ 12-1300 in bad areas and 900 on the not bad areas. I've got that on the sapphire uph tool, never thought about using with the floor tools. :shock:

Although my sweet spot seems to be about 600 on the Hoss. I think my vacuum was affecting the flow when so low. I have run on a bunch of jobs and this is eliminating the streaking that I was seeing at the lower flow.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
windtrax....

part number N400B for the 1/4 inch.... and N600b for the 3/8..

it is a precision Flow control...positive shut off...needle valve....

both can handle extreme heat and 2000 PSI..

highsteam

Name
Alberto
That looks pretty good. Good for lowering pressure when doing stairs too or upholstery.

Is the pressure or color direct related to the pressure you set up at the machine? For example at 1000 psi i guess the colors wont be the same as setting the machine at 500 psi. How does this works?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Would be great as a compact removable unit, QC in/out and small pressure gauge.

Then I could use for upholstery tool, tile spinner or stair tool.

Anything to save trips increases productivity.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
highsteam said:
That looks pretty good. Good for lowering pressure when doing stairs too or upholstery.

Is the pressure or color direct related to the pressure you set up at the machine? For example at 1000 psi i guess the colors wont be the same as setting the machine at 500 psi. How does this works?

the gold color is the highest...so what ever I set my machine to that is as high as it will go....so if my machine is set at 600 PSI..and I crank the needle valve all the way open..I won't exceed the 600..normally I clean around 350 with the Hoss..( which for me is the green color band )...but if I hit a really bad area I can turn it up all the way from the 350..up to..600 just by turning the dial with my finger and work a hard or bad area and then just run it back down to my normal 350 PSI...where it is setting I don't even have to let off the trigger....just take my finger and run it up and down and never stop.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lee Stockwell said:
Would be great as a compact removable unit, QC in/out and small pressure gauge.

Then I could use for upholstery tool, tile spinner or stair tool.

Anything to save trips increases productivity.

I got a pressure gauge for this...but I learned you can not control it as easily as you can just buy going off the colors...it has to be right after the needle valve and to set it you have to un-key the tool to set the pressure and then start again...probably not a big deal..but for me...I found it better to never let off of it and adjust as I move as I look at the color bands..and I did not have to worry about hitting the gauge or more fittings hanging in my way...

I may hard pipe one onto the wand and see how it goes...not to sure I really need one there...

Name
Lee Stockwell
Probably redundant to have a gauge if the color bands are reliable.

I was thinking of situations where I have a room of plush that would flare at 500 +, and would like to be able to dial down to 300 as needed.

Likewise when running two wands, especially if one is cleaning steps or upholstery.

Thanks for the idea, I'll play with it Jim.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
so if my machine is set at 600 PSI..and I crank the needle valve all the way open..I won't exceed the 600..

as R'Dub said, that's the exact valve on a Powermatic/Legacy .
they use it on the machine as the low pressure adjustment..but will adjust from zero to what ever pressure is set at the hi-pressure unloader

you moved it to the tool...what a great idea !!

..l.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you know...I'm wondering how practical it be to replace the ball valve shut of valve at end of sol line with one of those needle valves??

One valve then adjusts all tools..anytime, anywhere

..l.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ruff Hewn said:
you know...I'm wondering how practical it be to replace the ball valve shut of valve at end of sol line with one of those needle valves??

One valve then adjusts all tools..anytime, anywhere

..l.T.A.

you would just have to make sure that you walk it back to the truck before you wind up the hose..and kinda watch where you toss it when you switch from room to room..IF.. you can do this...you would also have better control over your pre-sprays as well.....

almost have to have a pressure gauge in line....

brain-gears.gif

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you would just have to make sure that you walk it back to the truck before you wind up the hose

oooh..right you are ..

we reel the damn think in like 1 pnd bass in fishing tourney :lol:

..l.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's why I thought qc in and out so it could be removed. The downside is the weight of the extra qc set if you could live with that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Don't know what you typed...but I just went to there site and typed in a N400B and a Parker 1/4 inch needle valve came up.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lee Stockwell said:
http://thecleanerschoice.com/2012/04/25/the-clean-room-%E2%80%A2-re-complete-and-total-control-5/

Wow I just googled Jim's line about windtrax and the part number and the above link showed up???

WTH is that......??? It's like Mikes board in drag

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

I have used this Parker valve in the past with one drawback . . .

it has a steel metering needle.

I used it for chemical metering, which is a tougher application.

A stainless needle valve would be a more durable solution.

Larry

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
if your worried about the valve,,why not just put it on a 10-15' whip?? and just hand coil it so not damage it,,,

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
for the price of them wouldn't be that much to buy a few and instal them on the uph tool itself and the tile or stair tool rather than on the hose. The Drimaster had a valve on it to adjust flow, don't know if adjusted pressure.
Nice tweak.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i just want to relook at this post...so thats why i am posting 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jay_wat said:
since its been awhile,how has this been working out for you Jim??

I will be the first to admit that there are times that I do some strange stuff to tweak as much performance out of something that I can get....but this one...rules...

I wish I had someone with me the other day to video...I was doing a carpeted entry into a bath room and there were mirrored closets on both sides of me and I was adjusting the flow with my thumb and watching the machine flush out all the oils and crap that were in the carpet...and then back it back down...

and yesterday I did a real think frenzy....(I swear I needed a mower not a rotary for this one )...it was all black and matted down in the traffic areas...just turned it up in the traffic areas and then back down in the others...carpet came out great..

after I played with this a bit I did order more longer jet bars and now I run 4 instead of 2....being able to control it better..I can move faster and not have to over lap as much...dry times are still where I want them to be...

IMG_6112.jpg

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
very nice! thanks for the input,,im def. going to be looking into this set up!

speaking of a mower,,lol,i was dating a gal and she came to the shop,,and dad had his lawn mower up on the shelf,she asked what it was for,,and i w/o thinking,,said its a carpet pilling remover,,,she belived me,,, Lol,,dad was there,it was priceless!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom