Confessions of an ex MLMer..

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
There are some things that I really dislike in MLMs.

1. Deception - anything that you have to trick people to listen too is not worthy imo. I do not like the strategies employed to get people to listen to the pitch. Getting invited over for dinner to find out that I am getting ambushed is a terrible introduction.

2. It hurts relationships - people stop seeing you as genuine friend and start worrying about your real intentions. Successful MLMers never stop recruiting and selling. I'd like to keep the majority of my friends and friends. Not people that I see as opportunities.

3. Buy products - I'd rather just buy products that I like rather than having to deal with bs every time I want something. Screw that. I can buy stuff anywhere. I don't want to go through a network of hyperactive opportunists to get what I want.

4. Selling dreams - I hate that. Lots of folks who don't know better buy into this stuff because they really think they are going to make it. The truth is that the percentage of MLMers that ever make money is low. Really really low. If you want to be successful as a MLMer you have to recruit people and collect money when you know that they will never ever make it. That just stinks. I don't want to knowingly take part in another persons disappointment or worse, their financial loss.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm bring this to the attention of @Monique who is soon to fly to Ohio to learn more about a wonderful opportunity..

Larry can meet up with her knock some common sense into her and Paula... PLEASE!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I wish I knew Monique as well as I do Davis.

Any advice from me would be merely "old man advice from one of dad's friends"

That said, here are some things I know:

1. "There is more money mining the miner than mining the mine" The people who are behind the MLM program are those who make the real money, not the participants.

2. "Anything that seems to good to be true is...." That is, it IS to good to be true, and thus most often is false.

3. "Multi Level Marketing is Dale Carnegie in Reverse" Instead of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" you instead will "Alienate Friends and Annoy People"

4. If MLM really worked as well as advertised, why are so few (relatively speaking) deeply involved in it?

I could go on and on, but I think these four points sum it up.

This clip from a movie is a funny send up on why Point Three is so real:

FredC

Village Idiot
How large is your local Chevy dealer? This may actually be a good opportunity for her.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
as much as I want something for Monique to fall back on if her connoisseur career doesn't pan out, a MLM is not it.. she's not the social butterfly and does not have a Rolodex 1000 friends deep to burn and alienate

FredC

Village Idiot
I have to ask though. Are you just trying to piss the womenfolk off?

If corky taught you anything it should be there is little point in trying to discourage them. Unless they are taking out a second mortgage to stock the warehouse they just rented or something.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I have to ask though. Are you just trying to piss the womenfolk off?

If corky taught you anything it should be there is little point in trying to discourage them. Unless they are taking out a second mortgage to stock the warehouse they just rented or something.

Our entire business exists because of my father attending a MLM program in 1964, saw through the whole thing, and came back to redouble his efforts in making his fledgling cleaning business work.

The entire story would irritate Marty, but I'll tell you if you want some time.

Maybe the same will happen with Monique and Paula.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Just find yourself a dark corner and man-weep as they burn a couple grands of your hard earn money for initial start up. Then they quit..

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
F

FB7777

The CONvention will end with a “limited supply’ of products

Dummies will buy tons of products to sell to bigger dummies

My wife has been working at a Hair Replacement Center for years ( modern day glued down wigs ). The owner also has a Med Spa that pitches Botox and Cool Sculpting to upper class bored wilderbeasts that believe the stuff works

Even she knows that if this stuff grew hair it would be sold everywhere

Have your wife consult with a dermatologist or at least her Primary Care Physician.... the Hair growth claims are a scam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sold Mary Kay off the truck for years. Got tired of those in home parties and giving old ugly fat ass women free facials. Grew tired of givng the girls the old "Two snaps and a swirl" act to sell more product.

Dumped that to just sell women's shoes at the local mall on the weekends. Has always been my dream job just like Al Bundy.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sold Mary Kay off the truck for years. Got tired of those in home parties and giving old ugly fat ass women free facials. Grew tired of givng the girls the old "Two snaps and a swirl" act to sell more product.

Dumped that to just sell women's shoes at the local mall on the weekends. Has always been my dream job just like Al Bundy.
The problem is, the ones that let you look up their skirt, you wish they hadn't.

F

FB7777

Looks like quite the rah rah fest

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You need to take control of your wife
When ever my wife gets any "independent" ideas I tie her up to a tree out back until..............she gets over.....it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom