Connections & Kessler ripped me off.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
Yes shawn, i was being facetious

he wouldn't have been kidding if al had paid evan the money to have a booth this year. which brings up another point. this is the bullshit that created this board in the first place. Evan would see a post that was negative toward one of the advertisers, so he would delete it or ban the people that posted it. basically ICS was a neutered board with no balls. you know what they say follow the money. both mikey and I both at one point were banned.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you started charging for Mike Fest so now he is charging to get into the trade show, you seemed suprised by what he does

I haven't been to ICS since they changed the format

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Connections & Kessler ripped me off.

Evan does not own or run connections Steve so I don't get where you're coming from.

When I want some free fireworks I'll make sure bto give you a call

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Anyone notice that the Connections management is ALSO promoting the Surfaces show...with same contact info for exhibitors...

Mike - maybe you can have your own informal panel in the bar with everyone. Or... if you filmed the one in Nashville, just up load the answers.

I bet if you crafted an actual request to the Connections board - you'd probably hear differently from what Evan says - he's probably only spoken to Cooper.

By the way... usually for a good speaker they GIVE you a booth to speak for them... so maybe all these buy-a-booth-first presenters ain't all that? 5 years ago they gave Joe a booth to speak... maybe policy has changed... but seems that it should be based on what the cleaners want to see...

The management has always been "copiers" who pretend it was their idea... even the demos - when we flooded at our restoration event in Nashville a few weeks after an empty Florida 2009 Connections, and we had 110 show up (more than came to theirs)... and we added flooding the restaurant at our Conference last year, was when they began adding all these demos because I was telling them AGAIN and AGAIN - you gotta stop force-feeding everyone with boring powerpoints of product - SHOW them some damn action.

So now they got some interesting things to see... which it's about time. Wish they'd do something new on the program... FOUR presenters on being a hero? How about something on making more money?

Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Connections & Kessler ripped me off.

There goes your Person of the Year nomination...

61eaaef3-faaf-2e77.jpg

Fat finger f#ck ups courtesy of Tapatalk@Droid2

Mikey P

Administrator
What the hell could you ever tell me of consequence Hoodledork... that olson gives away after market or stale jelly bellys?

Kessler has the power to add Les to this deal, trust me.

Let's not forget how evan and connections protected that POS Nessinger a couple of years back...
follow the dirty money :oops:

F

FB7777

I don't think Evan has the power at all Mike...

and I think its rather cruel of you to pick on him

after all, he has the CONnections committee's hands up his keister moving his mouth for him and your hands slapping him across the face :shock:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
fred boyle said:
I don't think Evan has the power at all Mike...

and I think its rather cruel of you to pick on him

after all, he has the CONnections committee's hands up his keister moving his mouth for him and your hands slapping him across the face :shock:
an' Rats Ass hair!

Lora Olson

Mikey P said:
What the hell could you ever tell me of consequence Hoodledork... that olson gives away after market or stale jelly bellys?

That's it... no more jelly belly's for you!! !dork!

Mikey P

Administrator
The problem with Evan's explanation is that I created my questions with having a veried panle of speakers. Savage, sapphire, prochem, jusdson, hydramaster, accelerated.... not just six of the so called big players (3 of which most likely wont even be in biz next year) who are all going to give the same answers to Evan Flints boring questions . One of those co's should have been tossed in favour of the inventor of the truckmount if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID2

Name
Lee Stockwell
Evan's days are numbered as far as meaningful influence in our industry goes.

The Internet will eventually doom the tight "backroom deal" environment that his business model requires.

As well a new generation of potential leaders is not so content to be spoon-fed mushroom food in the dark.

Just watch for the next Mikeyfest in April, and prepare to be dazzled.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sooooooooooooo then......
why don Evan come over here so we can belit......errrrrrr talk to him in person!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The third guy giving him bunny ears looks like Steve Cresall(sp) He's a steamway distributor in Sandy, UT.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OHH Hoodlie...ya SHOULDA been there.......evAn actually RAN away from me.....

i suppose he got wind of my $50 bounty for the "evAn Kesslar shitter shot!"

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey P said:
The problem with Evan's explanation is that I created my questions with having a veried panle of speakers. Savage, sapphire, prochem, jusdson, hydramaster, accelerated.... not just six of the so called big players (3 of which most likely wont even be in biz next year) who are all going to give the same answers to Evan Flints boring questions . One of those co's should have been tossed in favour of the inventor of the truckmount if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID2

They couldn't very well un-invite (or toss) someone and Les himself even said he isn't sure he will make it due to his father's situation. That kind of thing would really open them up to even more ridicule by everyone. I think it would be great if they held an extra seat for him, but to suggest they toss someone sems rediculous and I don't even know who is talking nor will I see it.

Bob Foster

These manufacturers must be really insecure about their products or their position in this very competitive market.

I would have thought the extra attention created by having an interesting and knowledgeable personality added to that panel would have been seen by the incumbent panel as an opportunity to have more people there to hear what they had to say. That could have created more sales opportunities for them.

Wouldn't it be nice to see someone post the bios of the members of that panel?

Bulletin boards - the Achilles heel of big manufacturers...and the small manufacturers best friend.

Every time the Connections gang pulls this crap - MikeFest gets more credible.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob Foster said:
These manufacturers must be really insecure about their products or their position in this very competitive market.

I would have thought the extra attention created by having an interesting personality added to that panel would have been seen by the incumbent panel as an opportunity to have more people there to hear what they had to say. That could have created more sales opportunities for them.

Wouldn't it be nice to see someone post the bios of the members of that panel?

Bulletin boards - the Achilles heel of big manufacturers...and the small manufacturers best friend.

Every time the Connections gang pulls this crap - MikeFest gets more credible.

What makes you think the manufacturers had any say in this Bob? I feel like I am being the big defender here which isn't really my place, but why are you and Mike attacking the messenger? How about emailing the connections management team or whoever is in charge of programing? In fact if you or Mike started a thread (or sent a pm to the thousadnds of MB members) with their contact info and asked everyone to email and/or call them something actually might get accomplished.

This stuff seems more like sour grapes than action.

Bob Foster

Ken this is my perception of this situation.

This is Evans statement about this on his post on ICS.

"I am on the program planning committee and brought this idea to them and it was planned by others and decided that only exhibiting TM manufacturers would be represented. I had suggested Les’ name/Judson in the beginning and was told that Judson was not exhibiting at or to anyone’s knowledge, even attending Connections. I was only first asked to moderate this panel on Monday 8/30 and to create an outline and the questions."

On first blush you can see where Evan said he suggested Les for the panel. Evan has obvious close ties to Connections otherwise he would not been involved with this panel. It is evident that Les will be there barring a sudden change in Judson's health. In light of the fact that Judson is sharing Mytee's booth and exhibiting Evan could persevere to see Les on this panel.

Its not too difficult to put one more chair on a stage. I think there are parties that are deliberately going out of there way to exclude Les. It may very well be that Evan may not be able to "rock the boat" but we sure the hell can.

Lets see if the event turns into a big brochure quoting spectacle.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You made my points again Bob, thank you.

Now how about starting a produtive thread that actually rocks the boat beforehand so that maybe it will still happen instead of continuing Mikey's whinefest.

Come on guys, put up or shut up.

Ken

Bob Foster

That's exactly what we are wanting to happen on that stage.

The person they are DELIBERATELY choosing to exclude is one of the most knowledgeable people in the business, who has been in the business the longest and has the best record of any of them for reliability and longevity.

Ya think he might have something to contribute?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom