Connections

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Forgive me for not paying attention. Is Connections just a company that gets different industries together?
Who is behind that company?

Anyone getting a booth this year?

Brian, you can get a lot of info here at their web-site:

http://www.connectionsconvention.org/cnx_con_ts.html

It is owned by the Trade Associations and any profit goes to them.
It is up to you whether you attend any of the classes, that cost, the infomercial presentations paid by for by the vendor or the sessions that you have to pay to be registered to attend.
Or you can just roam around the Trade Show which has been free so far.
The vendors are all listed on the web-site.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Brian, "Connections" is basically a giant infomercial that you get to pay for. Everyone trying to sell you something but they only give you a bit of info and the rest you have to sign up for and pay even more...

I know it's not the answer to your question.. but I was just thinking about Connections and figured maybe it's not worth that couple hundred bucks this year.

Knowing myself I will still drive over....and look around, hoping to see something new.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Zee.
I am going to try to make it this year...and anything Mikey puts on to try to meet some of these characters face to face and to maybe see some cool new stuff.

Any other events going on?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
this year the trade show will not be free from what i have seen and heard. i think it will be 20 dollars or something like that. they want everyone to pay this year.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Lee Stockwell said:
Connections days are numbered.

especially when main attractions include crazy George's antics. You go into a room expecting to listen to a guy only to be announced 5 minutes later that crazy george is the actual "speaker"...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":2yvqlw09]Connections days are numbered.

especially when main attractions include crazy George's antics. You go into a room expecting to listen to a guy only to be announced 5 minutes later that crazy george is the actual "speaker"...[/quote:2yvqlw09]

i never go to the classes...why do i need to pay for an infomercial???

i do like the trade show...and as much as they charge exhibitors. it needs to stay free

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh and longer during a day...non of this 3 or 4 hr bullshit

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i agree , the trade show needs to be longer. i got screemed at by some guy on a segway last year for "sneaking" into the trade hall. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":3saagkxg]Connections days are numbered.

especially when main attractions include crazy George's antics. You go into a room expecting to listen to a guy only to be announced 5 minutes later that crazy george is the actual "speaker"...

i never go to the classes...why do i need to pay for an infomercial???

i do like the trade show...and as much as they charge exhibitors. it needs to stay free[/quote:3saagkxg]

I was surprised how much they charged for a booth.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
$20.00 is just a hand of blackjack~ It's Vegas! I sure hope it doesn't get cancelled, I like the tax deductible trip.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Perhaps for those who end up going to Connections, we should have a small printed mikeysboard logo and login name so we could stick it on our tag.

I am always surprised how many of us are there and I don't even know.

It would be nice to meet more face to face and not just accidentally.

I know this idea will somehow end up on ***....you'll see them rolling with their stickers.

Maybe its just me but I identify posts and posters by their login name better than their real name..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Perhaps for those who end up going to Connections, we should have a small printed mikeysboard logo and login name so we could stick it on our tag.

I am always surprised how many of us are there and I don't even know.

It would be nice to meet more face to face and not just accidentally.

I know this idea will somehow end up on ***....you'll see them rolling with their stickers.

Maybe its just me but I identify posts and posters by their login name better than their real name..

I hear ya.
That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure what half of these guys look like and I'm really sure of their names half the time...just screen names. maybe I will pay a little better attention now.

Who the hell is "Doc Holiday" anyway? :lol:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The trade show has always been free if you sign-up (register) at least a month in advance. $25 for those who wait until the last minute. The distributors who purchase a booth get plenty of free passes to give out. So, if anyone does not sign up in advance, ask me for a free pass. I will be glad to send one along if I have some. Save you $25.

There are usually several programs that are "infomercials" but I think include a lot of good training. Many of these can be attended free with an invitation from whatever company is sponsoring the program. Normall these are on the first day of Connections.

There are also a number of great informative and motivating programs, some with speakers who get top dollar for appearing. I loved the program put on two years ago in Orlando by the Disney executives on how they train their staff for customer service.

Also several meals and social events included in the cost. That is where the money really goes. These hotels with large enough meeting rooms to hold a trade show charge a bundle to feed a group.

A few years back we bough $5,000 worth of chicken tenders and dipping sauce to go along with one of the cash bar mix and mingle events for attendees. Those lasted 17 minutes. We kicked in another $2,000 worth and they were gone just as quick.

I prefer the Florida Connections to the Las Vegas show, but that is just my personal preference for sunshine over cigarette smoke.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you think the trade show is pricey, try attending a *** sponsored dinner party :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Scott had to put a second on his house to pay his cocktail bill and had to forgo on six months commission of My Easy Marketing referrals to help with the room rental at the Benihaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey P said:
If you think the trade show is pricey, try attending a *** sponsored dinner party :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Scott had to put a second on his house to pay his cocktail bill and had to forgo on six months commission of My Easy Marketing referrals to help with the room rental at the Benihaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are still a few payments left to make. Donations to help defry these unexpected expenses are gladly welcomed.

Scott Warrington

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mikey P said:

Now that was some funny Chit!

Name
Eric Valentine
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

Identifying some of us by login name might be hard......

.........................since some of us use our real name as a login

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ain't that the truth Bawb......

If any of you, for some strange reason want to meet me, I'll be hanging around the CCINW Booth periodically.

Mike is hard to miss and I expect that there will be some MB crowd gatherings at some bar or restaurant.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It would be nice to meet some more MB people. I fly under the radar in Vegas so am not usually available for evening gatherings. A 1-2 hour meet and greet during the day would be cool.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Eric Valentine said:
[quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":370g937f]Maybe its just me but I identify posts and posters by their login name better than their real name..

Identifying some of us by login name might be hard......

.........................since some of us use our real name as a login[/quote:370g937f]

Eric....dude.... I expect this crowd to be sharp enough to see the painfully obvious things such as my suggestion is mainly for those with login names that are not their real names.
And those with real life names-could still wear a red mikeysborad supportive logo. (Just to make sure little tre doesn't need to come up to me and try to sell me on his board)

you could be really helping some brockedick out, if you open his eyes to the possibilities of a board like this.
I just met some guys at CCCS CAD and they never even heard of these message boards! They couldn't believe how much I was telling them I learn from a place like this.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
anyone notice the trade show isn't free anymore it's 15.00 early reg and 25.00 late

you gotta pay to have people sell you chit!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom