Corona virus impact on business

FredC

Village Idiot
tpformybunghole.png

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ever since @Mikey P posted this website on this thread I've kept it open on my computer and my cell phone. I check it constantly. It's updated every minute. Today I watched the California cases jump by over 200. When all these tests come in it will probably really jump.

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator

FredC

Village Idiot
:icon_redface: I guess I get my news from the wrong place because I actually had to go find that 3.4% number. I figured a high of ~2% varying by when/where/who it hit with around 1% probably being a more correct estimate overall.

and it is also easy to overestimate the people "we estimate" caught it driving the actual mortality rate down

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Matt Ross
I have about three weeks left of disinfecting wipes for our janitorial jobs. Our supplier has none and has no idea when they will be in. No store around has any obviously. Fun stuff. I could get some on eBay for 20 times their cost. But I'd go through like $400 a night. It's insane. Hopefully supply will catch up a bit and/or people are already stocked up and realize they don't need a dozen containers of them.

randy

Name
Randy
I never thought we would be discussing toilet paper and bidets on this board. How quickly we have succumb. Since we are there, a 1 gal pump up sprayer is a great make shit bidet. Campers have been using them to "shower" for years.

Reactions: hogjowl

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The fiat is literally worthless now. The fed announcing the interest rate to 0%, and now giving every tax paying citizen $1k...of course they are! It's not costing them anything because it's worth less than a postage stamp.

Coronavirus = coverup for a monetary reset

I'm gonna be ignorant on this and say this is just another flu strand, nothing more.

Reactions: bob vawter
F

FB7777

monetary reset? Can you cite the sources where you came up with this hypothesis ?

the market is in free fall justifiably

the govt is trying to stem the panic to no avail

giving everyone debt money is a bad idea IMO

Without the free checks, this bailout is going to be 2-3 larger than the 2008-09

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
We're looking after my wife's Dad. He's really starting to fail both mentally and physically. My wife is taking her retirement in June so she can look after him a little better. Poor dude watched a repeat hockey game the other night and swore up and down it was live. I don't think he's long for this world. And than Kamloops (And Nova Scotia too)
Isn't that kinda what we do on here everyday?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I never thought we would be discussing toilet paper and bidets on this board. How quickly we have succumb. Since we are there, a 1 gal pump up sprayer is a great make shit bidet. Campers have been using them to "shower" for years.
Put a little more encap in it. Works for Damon.

Reactions: Nomad74

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
FYI, you almost fit in that category :lol:

I am in Tucson.. If you can pick up a few cases I would be more than happy to drive up there and pay you for them and your time..

And no.. I am not hoarding or selling any of these I am merely handing them out to the elderly people who cannot get to the stores and desperately need something

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Looks like the economy that is set up to benefit from all this is the Chinese. Ordered medical hazmat type suits, medical grade face masks and really nice booties on Amazon and all the models for the products are Chinese folks. They are going to make so much money supplying us with whatever we need.
I still don't know anyone who is sick.
I think our whole family had this flu recently.
One of my Grand Daughters had pneumonia with her flu. I had a bad day basically.
Have been watching an old series on Netflix called WW2 in color.
It's the flu...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom