Corona virus impact on business

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Most of our customers aren't home when we clean, so we're letting them know they still don't have to talk to the tech if they don't want to.

In grocery news:
Yesterday the local grocery had a padlock on the top of their basket-handle wipe dispenser, and even the transients are stealing Lysol.

Some good news.

I saw two double semis pull into the local grocery last night and this morning the shelves are full. They aren't unboxing the TP though. If you want less than a case you have to open the box yourself. Looks like panic handled.

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
monetary reset? Can you cite the sources where you came up with this hypothesis ?
When the economy tanks and interest rates drop, people start pulling their money out of the banks. The banks don't like that. If there was a digital currency in place as the leader in the world currency, instead of the fiat US dollar, people wouldn't be able to pull out their money, because it would be digital, therefore the banks would stay stocked

So the major inflation of the dollar by dropping the interest to 0% and pumping more paper to the citizens, looks like it's a good deed of the banks, but in all reality, it's devaluing it more. And with everyone's attention of a "coronavirus" and raiding the stores of panic, it'll be easy for them to switch over a new currency.

I really hope I'm wrong with the digital currency idea, but it seems to be going that way

Reactions: Giorgio
Name
Steve Lawrence
Well, we have finally slowed down. Not worried, though. This will pass soon. How many dead so far?

Plus, people are postponing or cancelling at the last minute--no time to fill the spot--even our "waiting list" peeps can't get ready in time. Grrrrr.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

FredC

Village Idiot
When the economy tanks and interest rates drop, people start pulling their money out of the banks. The banks don't like that. If there was a digital currency in place as the leader in the world currency, instead of the fiat US dollar, people wouldn't be able to pull out their money, because it would be digital, therefore the banks would stay stocked

Unless you have a totally different idea of what "digital currency" is you are wrong.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Things are settling down here. Stores are staying stocked well and they're limiting certain products. I'm not really worried as I got over 50 lbs of meat from my deer yet plus about 1/4 of a cow from when my sister and I went half on 1/2 a cow.

I have had to change my schedule since my kiddo is doing all his schooling through Google Classroom.

I went ahead and suspended the rent due for my tenants for this next month to help ease their burden. All expenses for that property are already paid for, I just won't be paying off the note early like I've been planning. The one tenant scored me a box of TP since they work at a distribution center. Might be renting the smaller unit out this coming week, I'll be skipping the security deposit because of what's going on and they'll just pay it broken down over 9 months added to their rent.

Otherwise, it is business as usual, we have some people stopping service but I expected that. We will bob and weave like everyone else. I personally live way below my means and I'm thankful for that during times like these.

Reactions: Nomad74 and Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Amazon product

sold out...missed my chance

Updated.
These are the parts to install a Thailand version of a bidet if your toilet supply line is 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch.
20200318_100455.jpg

Reactions: FredC

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

So the major inflation of the dollar by dropping the interest to 0% and pumping more paper to the citizens, looks like it's a good deed of the banks, but in all reality, it's devaluing it more. And with everyone's attention of a "coronavirus" and raiding the stores of panic, it'll be easy for them to switch over a new currency.

I really hope I'm wrong with the digital currency idea, but it seems to be going that way

Are you encroaching on my "TradeMarked Crazy"? 😳😂😂

The shit is hitting world wide and for now, the dollar seems to be the currency of choice.

I think there have been bank runs since September, and the Fed countered this by printing up more money ie fed funds.

Maybe when you are the "Most powerful nation" you can print up endless amounts of money without harm... but time will tell.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I was just asked by a new start up, "can you help me; what can I do the phones are dead....!!"

This reminded me of something I learned long, long ago (as some of you have as well) and this in part was my recommendation:

One must remember and realize that all businesses have their ups and downs, especially when new/upstarts. Even in "good times".

However, use this particular time to your benefit. Standing there waiting for the turn around isn't going to make it go away. Review your strategy, the way you are set up to run your business, your cleaning process, your approach to the customers, etc..., and try to attend a class. Look at this time to improve what you already have; that's referred to as "refinements". Opportunity doesn't honk as it goes by!

Its been said that we can't change the weather but we can surely change our attitudes and the way we view things. One can make a cloudy day into a sunny bright day by remembering that: "Good things in life don't come easy" Something I learned some 48 years ago!

Wishing all of you much better days.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Witch Juan has correct numbers??
Everything you look at for covid 19 is different.

Just looked these up.

Screenshot_20200318-232358.png Screenshot_20200318-232346.png

FredC

Village Idiot
Witch Juan has correct numbers??
Everything you look at for covid 19 is different.

Just looked these up.

View attachment 97750 View attachment 97751

I'll say not the cdc*....bing tacker has it at over 9k

*because CDC may not count state reported cases

† CDC is no longer reporting the number of persons under investigation (PUIs) that have been tested, as well as PUIs that have tested negative. Now that states are testing and reporting their own results, CDC’s numbers are not representative of all testing being done nationwide.

State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom