Could the wait for the perfect tile wand finally be over?

Mikey P

Administrator
PMF called yesterday, they are sending me a new HS wand to test..

What I like:

12" head
Swivel
Narrow vacuum slot
Vacuum tube not blocked
Killer tufted brush ring
S bend
1.5 tube
Built in M'erica

Concerns:

Confused airflow due to internal jetting
Price

Resized952019061295152624956113.jpgResized952019061295152538958694_01.jpg

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Nah...Maybe improved, but not the turbo hybrid superiority...Great for carpet cleaners!

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I won't ever get it Mikey...It ain't my cup of tea...LOL, Where are you using that tool BTW?

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
where?

On lightly soiled TnG
The corners and edges of spinner'd areas where round dont fit.
LVP
Wood
Sheet
etc...

Why am I explaining this to a guy who only cleans hard surface?

But after doing the RMH in Vegas and seeing how all your competition are so incompetently equipped, I guess it's the industry standard to clean everything with a f'n Turbo.

Reactions: John Gerding

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
where?

On lightly soiled TnG
The corners and edges of spinner'd areas where round dont fit.
LVP
Wood
Sheet
etc...

Why am I explaining this to a guy who only cleans hard surface?

But after doing the RMH in Vegas and seeing how all your competition are so incompetently equipped, I guess it's the industry standard to clean everything with a f'n Turbo.

Exactly, you're explaining it to a guy who only cleans tile and grout...You labeled the headline of your POST "Tile Wand" Why not LVP Wand? Wood Wand? Sheet Wand?

For your information, I've cleaned over 10,000 tile and grout cleaning jobs without this tool...I actually thought about buying (pmf) over several years...Maybe this tool can be used as you mentioned, but I don't need it. You can make money any way you choose.

As far as your comment about Las Vegas (seems direct towards me) we are returning tile and grout back to like new effectively and efficiently daily...

I listen to your rants and your interviews and wonder about your competency...You seem to be a really nice guy, but I don't talk about the industry, I work in the industry...

And yes, I use the f'n Turbo hybrid! It is the best...

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually Michael you didn't clean it the wrong McDonald house so I have no idea about your competency but I do know you walked away from a very easy scrub and recoat Saltillo job for my buddy

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Actually Michael you didn't clean it the wrong McDonald house so I have no idea about your competency but I do know you walked away from a very easy scrub and recoat Saltillo job for my buddy

Mike, I didn't walk away from nobody, and, I surely wasn't interested in "recoating"...I have many Mexican tile and Saltillo tile and grout cleaning jobs completed...I don't recoat any surfaces, to be honest with you. As far as sealing, all day every day!

Mikey P

Administrator
But let me get this straight, you won't clean and apply an additional top coat to Saltillo based on some weird code of ethics but you'll Turbo Tuilt edges, not get under low cabnates and clean square corners with a round tool.

Makes perfect sense.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Please expand on your thoughts
Doesn’t look like anything new. Curious about recovery, bristles look long. Is there some plastic or whatever covering the outside of bristles? I’d rather see six jets with the end jets angled towards the ends of the head. Also, I’d like to see cone jets on a hard surface wand versus fan jets. Why so boxy? Can’t PMF stamp out something more sleek? Maybe it will be awesome? Doubt it.

Reactions: todg

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
But let me get this straight, you won't clean and apply an additional top coat to Saltillo based on some weird code of ethics but you'll Turbo Tuilt edges, not get under low cabnates and clean square corners with a round tool.

Makes perfect sense.
The turbo does a tremendous (on a tilt) let alone with a pole brush along the edges (typical dirty grout/edges job)...As far as under cabinets, the tool is designed to get under counter cabinets...Never a problem...Your welcome to come on one of my average jobs @ 1000sf in 1.5 hours or less setup to breakdown...

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
The turbo does a tremendous (on a tilt) let alone with a pole brush along the edges (typical dirty grout/edges job)...As far as under cabinets, the tool is designed to get under counter cabinets...Never a problem...Your welcome to come on one of my average jobs @ 1000sf in 1.5 hours or less setup to breakdown...
Let me Mentor you...

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not fond of internal jets. All the crap that is sucked up passes and clogs them. 😣

Narrow vacuum slot loads with debris quickly. *We do use ours mostly for sewage or debris cleanup on WDR. They get used often, one is on each truck.

1.5 barrel just makes a stoopid whip required where the ones we have are designed for 2 inch.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damn, what a circus.
Please report on how well the tool recovers water. Which is really what I want to know.
  1. The previous wands could not recover water well. So, is this one an improvement?
  2. How durable is the brush head.
  3. Does it clog?
  4. A 2" would be nice, so it fits with the other tools and does not require a whip.
  5. Any other issues?
Would love to see a simple tile wand that actually works.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like the fact that it's 12". It'll swivel between toilets and walls allot better than my 14"wp. I get a good swivel about 50% of the time with mine. I'm sure that 12" will fix that problem.

I'd like to see how the water recovery is between wood planks on hardwood, because I'm loving my dd. I'm halfway through my big wood job that I did and the customer was impressed and already paid me for the 1st half. I wasn't able to do the whole job because of weather. i didn't know what to do with furniture, so I'll finish it monday.

When you're done with testing, send over here (I'll pay shipping) for an east coast test.

Mikey P

Administrator
Doesn’t look like anything new. Curious about recovery, bristles look long. Is there some plastic or whatever covering the outside of bristles? I’d rather see six jets with the end jets angled towards the ends of the head. Also, I’d like to see cone jets on a hard surface wand versus fan jets. Why so boxy? Can’t PMF stamp out something more sleek? Maybe it will be awesome? Doubt it.
6 jets, why not 18?

Cone jets have no impact compared to a T or V

Boxy?

We're not cleaned the salt flats, going for a land speed record

Sideways jets... Drunk much?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
6 jets, why not 18?

Cone jets have no impact compared to a T or V

Boxy?

We're not cleaned the salt flats, going for a land speed record

Sideways jets... Drunk much?
Sapphire Truckmounts. Dev wands. Zippers. The turbo hybrid. Etc...... All these companies are fine tuning and putting out great products and PMF wants to come out with that piece of Frankenstein crap. They should be ashamed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom