Could the wait for the perfect tile wand finally be over?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If it recovers water with one back and forth it is a winner.
I do tile and grout cleaning almost daily. I use a tile wand to edge, corners and small bathrooms...especially if they are upstairs. I would use a wand more if someone actually made one that recovered water.
Hoping its better than what is currently available...but it looks like their other tool with a swivel...so not optimistic.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
PMF called yesterday, they are sending me a new HS wand to test..

What I like:

12" head
Swivel
Narrow vacuum slot
Vacuum tube not blocked
Killer tufted brush ring
S bend
1.5 tube
Built in M'erica

Concerns:

Confused airflow due to internal jetting
Price

I don't want to be disparaging, though it's hard to say this without sounding like I do.

In my experience, PMF makes stuff that looks like it will work great but ultimately feels like it maybe had 3 total minutes of field testing.

-Swivel stair tool sold with single jet? Trash unless you modify.
-3.5" internal jet uph tool? Works really nicely but cleans about the center 2" at a time.
-Mach 12 Titanium? Great build quality and amazingly light, but many impracticalities.
-Don't get me started on this POS:

Seems like the answer to all of your problems for tile & grout and filtration soil edging but spray pattern is SUPER uneven leading to issues, and yeah, maybe the valve can handle 1250 psi, but the dang thing won't physically trigger if you're over 500, so have fun running back and forth to the van 14 times every tile job.

Phew... again, I don't want to disparage anybody. I know we're mostly just good people trying to do our jobs. I hope they get this hard surface wand right. I will be first in line to buy one.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
If it recovers water with one back and forth it is a winner.
I do tile and grout cleaning almost daily. I use a tile wand to edge, corners and small bathrooms...especially if they are upstairs. I would use a wand more if someone actually made one that recovered water.
Hoping its better than what is currently available...but it looks like their other tool with a swivel...so not optimistic.
Bob look inside close and you'll see that the 11 inch long spray bar is now been cut in half, totally unobstructing the vacuum port

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't want to be disparaging, though it's hard to say this without sounding like I do.

In my experience, PMF makes stuff that looks like it will work great but ultimately feels like it maybe had 3 total minutes of field testing.

-3.5" internal jet uph tool? Works really nicely but cleans about the center 2" at a time.
-Mach 12 Titanium? Great build quality and amazingly light, but many impracticalities.
View attachment 91602
Seems like the answer to all of your problems for tile & grout and filtration soil edging but spray pattern is SUPER uneven leading to issues, and yeah, maybe the valve can handle 1250 psi, but the dang thing won't physically trigger if you're over 500, so have fun running back and forth to the van 14 times every tile job.

Phew... again, I don't want to disparage anybody. I know we're mostly just good people trying to do our jobs. I hope they get this hard surface wand right. I will be first in line to buy one.

now there is a well-thought-out educated and experienced reply.. I totally understand what you're saying...

Reactions: D Luke

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Which has a cavernous vacuum head in comparison to the pmf the only Tile tool that doesn't use the big wide opening dry floor tool design so I have my hopes..
Problem with the gekko tool is with the squeegee head, it locks down so you can't move it. With the brush head, it doesn't remove enough water. Hopefully the pmf is better. I don't have any problem with the internal jets. At 1000-1200 psi, it won't be a problem and it will help to contain the over spray. It would be nice to have an automatic vacuum relief if it locks down. I just don't know how easily serviceable those jets are.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Unhook the brass barrel nuts and the whole back plate comes right off and let you easily service it.. you nerds are way overthinking this

From what I see:

Unhook the nuts, back out screws (including on the brush frame), deal with loose brush frame and plate and manifolds, back out jets, clear jets, hope manifolds are clear, but everything is apart so no way to check, reverse process, get everything back together, get back to work...

...jet plugs again 5 seconds later.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

View attachment 91602

I use the pmf upholstery tools often. North the 3.5 and the 4.5. you need to learn to balance the pressure and vacuum to get an even flow. I found I have to sometimes reposition the jet to get a proper flow. When you get it right, it's great. Same with the crevice tool.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Seriously, when was the last time any of you took off a jet to unplug it?
I do often. Especially on my 4 jet wands. Even with the inline filters, they tend to clog every once in a while. Poking a wire through doesn't always do it. The larger jets on my aw 29's never clog. I always have one on the truck just in case.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Seriously, when was the last time any of you took off a jet to unplug it?
Sadly we had to do it a lot. Drywall debris, lint and hair would get stuck and wrapped in there. Then like described above, fookin with the brush was no picnic. It takes an hour to get apart, clean and put back together.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Odd..

Almost never here.

Most recent was the 360 flood jet
I think it may be the water here. We used to run the white house type water filters on our truck mounts. Didn't seem to have as many problems. Now, I am just running a pressure washer strainer along with the 100 mesh inline filter. Yesterday, I was pulling out some type of fibrous substance out of a 11015 on my Westpac 2 inch wand.

Mikey P

Administrator
Getting back to the subject..

This has the narrowest vacuum chamber of the all.

Narrow is best, narrow increases recovery.

When Conway and I tried to work with pmf to design a new HS wand, we thought having the jets in their own separate chamber would be best. Unfortunately that tool never came about.

Who knows, this could be good enough...

We'll see next week...

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I really would like a good hard surface wand. When I have to do high rises I prefer to use the pressure from my portable to rinse and since it's only 500 psi a hard surface wand works better than the turbo. I agitate every job with a crb or 175 with grit brushes so really just need a rinsing tool. A glided wand works ok but a hard surface tool that will have less overspray would be nice. Also would prefer 2 inch as everything else I use is 2 inch. It's not the end of the world though, i'd just keep a vacattack permanently on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom