CRB issue discovered.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't know how to get this thing apart. What a horrible design. I'm off to Harbor Freight to get a small gear puller. I tried heat, that didn't work.

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
holy crap what kind of pre spray are you scrubbing with tht?

were still on original gears with 1st strong dry we bought right when they came out I think 6 years ago, but we pull brushes after every scrub.. hose cuff them and use the wand to blast out the under carriage of the crb with steam.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well this helped. What a stupid design by Strong Dry. Seriously. How am I going to get to these allen head bolts! Ugh. Never again!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damon, use thin wooden wedges. Oppose them and gently tap until the shaft releases them.
Door shims will work, 99 cents a packet at Lowes.
Looks like they need to disconnect from the back. The video says they will not come off from the front. Whats the point of the snap rings then? Seriously a retarded design.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had to remove the capacitor to get to the allen head bolt. I’m making progress.

C9E3A595-4D0E-49E7-93C0-558FB6BA74D9.jpeg3343598B-09BB-4CE4-8FEE-D7C566B4BC1A.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Looks like i got it. The gears fit perfect. Im only replacing the broken gears. I’ll keep the others for future repairs. Holy crap was this a pain. Time to put it together and see if she works. Got my white grease.

517BF1B4-19E7-4BD5-A475-6B823FA50773.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
This is how to get to the asshole allen head bolt

View attachment 88677
I rinse off the bottom of my CRB everyday. Then, once a week, I put it in a tote, put in an inch of screaming hot plain H2O off the TM, and let it run for 5-10 min... THEN, I dump the water, and repeat again.... once a month, I take the cover off, clean up the gear assembly, and grease it with white lithium.....

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I rinse off the bottom of my CRB everyday. Then, once a week, I put it in a tote, put in an inch of screaming hot plain H2O off the TM, and let it run for 5-10 min... THEN, I dump the water, and repeat again.... once a month, I take the cover off, clean up the gear assembly, and grease it with white lithium.....
Yeah. I’ll start taking it apart more often. I usually just hit it with my suction hose and roll the brushes around, sucking out the dead cat. I probably take it apart once a month. Need to do it more. It was pretty clogged with hair.

I can’t complain too much. I got 6 years and never had to replace a gear. I may have gotten 6 more years if that screw didn’t get lodged in there. You guys don’t know how happy I am to have this thing fixed.

If you are a cleaner and currently don’t use a CRB as part of your daily cleaning, please don’t buy one. You might want to hang yourself if you find out how much better and efficient your cleaning can be with one.

Last edited:

steve_64

Looks like i got it. The gears fit perfect. Im only replacing the broken gears. I’ll keep the others for future repairs. Holy crap was this a pain. Time to put it together and see if she works. Got my white grease.

View attachment 88678
Should 've replaced them all and kept the old ones for backup. Probably doesn't matter though.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Putting it back together was a fun project. The screws that hold the main cowling on were so crusted the heads snapped off. When I attempted to drill them out, my drill bits broke. When I was able to get an EZ-out in there, my EZ-out snapped. So,I drilled new holes and tapped new threads. Its nice having the cowling secured down now. I ripped 4 pair of jeans on that damn corner sticking out while carrying it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom