Cross American Vac Booster w/Pictures

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I only used it a couple times but wanted test some equipment I had laying around because I am getting some high rises. Plugged it in, it turned on but no suction. The whole insides fell apart while sitting on a shelf in a cool dry storage area held at between 60-75 year round.
I decided to take it apart. I didn't any tools it was two bolts on the side that slid off easily with my hands . That is all it took is two bolts
DSCN0139.jpg

Next I pulled the top off and all the pieces were laying on the bottom with a piece of styrofoam(?). If you look the clamp isn't holding anything down. The little surface rust indicates that the intake fell off along time ago
DSCN0140.jpg

Here is how the vac was set up with the intake, nice and sturdy as you see
DSCN0144.jpg

this is the top of the line booster. As you can see it still has plastic on one wheel and I never attached the handle. No rust anywhere. No abuse

DSCN0136.jpg

here is the picture of the first bolt inside
DSCN0138.jpg

here is me unclamping, hahaha
DSCN0142.jpg

Bjorn

Re: Cross American Vac Booster

hummmmm never had that kind of problem

boosternew001.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Was that first post real or is Greg shilling for Terge now?

Is that thing really "held together" with a lose dryer clamp and non-stick glue?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I am not a shill like you no-cum. That booster I posted has less than 10-20 hrs on it and was stored during storage the insides fell apart while it sat on a shelf. Today I was fixing some things and said lets pull that sucker apart. I undid the 2-bolts with my fingers, no need for wrenches. Who ever made it should be ashamed.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

OK then I'll shill

How much for one of those incredible Nordic boosters now days?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

My favorite part was the Keep Filters Clean sign on it but I didn't see any filters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
poor Ed.
I've always liked the guy personally , but his products never lived up to the "board de jour' status they once enjoyed

ask Mike, not so many years ago, Ed's Recoil was THE porty most touted on the boards as the BEST money could buy.
When in fact, it's not constructed a whole lot better than your booster

The "board de jour" phenomenon is an amazing thing.... and is alive and well today too with many products and methods that enjoy "current" board de jour status

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

Umm Is there anything I should know about my sappphire tool Meat????? DOAAH

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sam miller said:
Umm Is there anything I should know about my sappphire tool Meat????? DOAAH

jury is still out on that one :lol:
hell, some guys still like that DriMaster tool.. :shock:
I might bust Bruder's balls on pricing on some tools, but the truth is, overall I consider their products to be hi-quality and not at all in the same class as Ed's (or Mytee's for that matter)

..l.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have a recoil porty the one with 3 vac motors in it. It works great and I have ran 200 feet of hose. Let me tell you all the high powered portables are all the same. savage, ed, or odins. They are all good machines. Just like I have had a butler, a prochem legend and a prochem blazer. Was one better than the other? No. The blazer was small but it cleaned it didnt put out great heat like the butler or legend, but at the end of the day it cleaned rugs, just like those above mentioned. PS here is another thing for everyone. All of these presrays and spotters everyone buys are all the same crap too. Save your money , you dont need to buy every new gadget or chemical that comes out. On my van I have a recoil, a rotovac 360, Clean free by bridge point, power break by bridge point, and gel break, and fab set by bridge point. Thats it. I use to waste so much money on trying new chemicals. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
they all fall apart while sitting on a shelf?

No way. I was cleaning up some equipment because we have high rises so I was going through and testing and the only piece that failed was that one

I really like the SS upholstery tool when I got it and hopefully they send me some hoses because it works like shit right now and I made them aware of the issue months ago but they wanted pictures and my camera was down so I posted them the otherday

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Here is the response after shopwing details from cross american

Greg;

Doesn't sound like our POWER BOOSTER System!

REALLY that is the attitude that pisses me off

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
before I posted the pics he said he never sold anything to a Greg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If Cross American would simply agree to fix it . It would go a long way to reclaim the bad PR this post has been for them.

Why is it a big deal for them to tighten up a few parts and re-glue/ attach the vac port and mail it back?

Customer service?

I know I Go above and beyond to satisfy clients well beyond the initial cleaning guarantee period.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't want anything fixed Yoakum, when I mentioned it was a piece of shit all I got was I never bought one, same response I got from Rotovac. Why would I want a fixed piece of shit, I was pointing out how lousy it was. He could have headed off the situation and confronted it a while ago but they didn't. I wanted to point out the shotty work and how it just completely fell apart and if you look the handle hasn't even been put on and the plastic is still on the wheel that is what little use it has gotten

Bob Foster

Wow Jokum you never cease to entertain me. If after seeing that hunk of shit in a box you actually still suggested it should be fixed I would hate to see the inside of your truck let alone what you would drag into a customer's house.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bob Foster said:
Wow Jokum you never cease to entertain me. If after seeing that hunk of shit in a box you actually still suggested it should be fixed I would hate to see the inside of your truck let alone what you would drag into a customer's house.

Silly me thinking that a piece of equipment shouldn't just fall apart on the shelf and if it did it should be corrected.

But, what do I know?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Dave Yoakum said:
Silly me thinking that a piece of equipment shouldn't just fall apart on the shelf and if it did it should be corrected.

How exactly could something in that condition be satisfactory "corrected"?

Better to gut it out and convert it.

8_icecreamcart.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And oddly enough, my Recoil is well over 5 years old, is still working daily and has a much better track record than the Ninja Worrier that breaks down constantly. Ed has bent over backwards many times to give me GREAT customer service, going above and beyond a few times. Go figure.

Didn't Ed give you some help when you developed your booster Terje?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so you think that is acceptable work Willy? I am pointing out the one I bought and the response I got. You know he claimed it wasn't his booster and that he never sold anything to Greg Crowley.

I am not looking for anything I am just pointing out. The reason you love your recoil is because you bragged so much you don't want to look like a sucker now by telling everyone the truth shiteatinggrin

Willy P

Name
Willy P
XTREME1 said:
so you think that is acceptable work Willy? I am pointing out the one I bought and the response I got. You know he claimed it wasn't his booster and that he never sold anything to Greg Crowley.

I am not looking for anything I am just pointing out. The reason you love your recoil is because you bragged so much you don't want to look like a sucker now by telling everyone the truth shiteatinggrin

Um- Try popping some rivets to hold it in place. Fixed.
Ya know, the stupid comment about me not wanting to look bad is typical of your normal ignoramus rants. Look at my posts- I've bought stuff that was outright bullshit and when I did, I made sure everyone knew about it (Ninja Worrier). I've gotten GREAT service from both Ed (parts overnight,even replacement parts, out of warranty no charge) and Rotovac,(stuff lost in mail, sent overnight when it was mentioned to them)while you snivel and whine like a little bitch that NOBODY IS FAIR!EVERYBODY HATES ME!THEY'RE ALL OUT TO GET GREGGY!.
And calling me a liar shows you are, indeed, an ignoramus.But I shouldn't overshoot the boundaries and expect much intelligence from you as, time and time again, you and your posts truly prove to be the lowest common denominator. If you called me a liar that to my face, I would be pleased to help you with the selection of which shade of yellowed teeth to use for replacements. But that's just me, always helpful! !gotcha!

Did you ever stop and think it might be that sparkling personality and winning ways you employ? Maybe if you tried being a human instead of the world's largest asshole.....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Obviously struck a cord, so maybe my joke was right.............Did you miss the smiley face.

I used it 5 times Willy and if you think that is acceptable, fine. You really do need to renew your sense of humor. Since the bruins spanked those cheating ass canucks you just haven't been the same

Nobody is out to get me willy, the sun always shines on me, you just read into what you want. I didn't ask for anything from Cross American, I don't want anything, I don't want a response but I do have the right to post shoddy work.

I never asked for anything from Rotovac either just my customer files that they never turned over

Mikey P

Administrator
My reSoil was built just as poorly.

So was Luddy's and so was the booster I saw at Greenie's

Willy must have payed more to get the Eddie Bower version

IF IF IF those units sold for 1/4th as much I would have to say we got what we paid for, as it is, we got fooked in the ass by a phony who wont dare show his hand carved junk at industry events.

Willy did you ever see how Ed acted on Cooper's old Board?

Used a stage name and let his real personality show..

What a dick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom