Cross American Vac Booster w/Pictures

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Looks pretty neat and easy to work on to me.

XPSGuts.jpg

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mr. Foster - Your commentary comes across as disingenuous. I remember taking a day off and a ferry across to your area to put some of the Recoil BB myths to rest. By the time I got across the water, you had somehow become sick and didn't show, so I wasted a day and 100 bucks on ferry fare. I'm not attacking you, just stating a fact.

Bob Foster

Willy P said:
Mr. Foster - Your commentary comes across as disingenuous. I remember taking a day off and a ferry across to your area to put some of the Recoil BB myths to rest. By the time I got across the water, you had somehow become sick and didn't show, so I wasted a day and 100 bucks on ferry fare. I'm not attacking you, just stating a fact.

Willy I just wasn't available and I think you know I wouldn't run away from the facts if presented to me.

I have never used a recoil or personally seen the inside of one. But I have seen plenty of pictures. In my opinion based on the close up pictures I have seen this is a very poorly assembled machine with many of the fittings poorly suited for their use in this machine. I contrast what I see in the Recoil against other machines that I have experience with.

When we hear of the really insecure and shallow business tactics he apparently used by denying he sold the unit to Greg it doesn't leave me or many others with a good feeling about dealing with this company. In fairness, I have to say that I also know many people here have developed good personal relationships with Mr. Valentine and speak highly of how he was to deal with.

Now let me compare this customer experience with another. Mytee has had assembly problems in the past, but uses far superior design and components. When approached about Mytee's assembly challenges John chose to be up front with his assembly issues by publicly acknowledged them, and then dealt with them.

There is no doubt that there is a completely different scale of economics between Mytee and Cross American but that doesn't matter. Its the ethics and attitude that will drive either company to failure or success. A wise businessman invests in the the good will of his brand and customer relationships. There are lots of very small manufacturers in this business that don't have huge sales numbers or plants that continue to earn our business every day because they can still innovate, build good stuff and are honest with their customers. Terje comes to mind as one of the good innovative small manufacturers and, by the way, he talks to Mr. Valentine regularly and thinks he's a decent guy. I think the common ground they share is their complete contempt for hour long phone calls dealing with the time-wasters that ask stupid questions, that in the end have no money or are really only trying to get a component specifications in order to attempt to build their own machines or modify an existing one.

Its easy to overlook a manufacturer's short comings if they at least are receptive to criticism and make the effort to improve their products. Usually this criticism is in their best interests to listen to constructively. If they don't then they usually deserve all the crap thrown at them.

So Willy good buddy, the Recoil might suck fine and it has very nice access to the components to work on it or modify it with has decent vac motors but I think most all the rest of it is inferior to other competitive units. Why buy something that is poorly built to begin with? 75% of the people that buy these machines couldn't or wouldn't want to work on these machines themselves and of those at least half are heavily dependent on those machines to earn their living. Most of those that are POGs are new to the business and very vulnerable to financial problems that often come from interrupted income caused by equipment failures. In my personal opinion, they are a poor choice as a purchase. Sorry but Mr. Valentine being a nice guy isn't good enough.

Nothing disingenuous about any of this Willy. We simply disagree and I have given you my reasons why.

Now I'm late holly crap I gotta roll!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That pic don't mean shot Willy you already said you have done work to your machine.
I would trust you but not ed the good humor ice cream man. If I said will fix this booster and make it last I believe your a good enough professional to get it done. There is no getting around the fact that ed put no care in building the booster because it was balanced with tape and broken Styrofoam
good fortune to you sir

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
after checking the specs on the photo that photo wasn't from willy it was sent to him to post. That is a brand new machine put together just for the photo. Real ethical willy

Willy P

Name
Willy P
XTREME1 said:
after checking the specs on the photo that photo wasn't from willy it was sent to him to post. That is a brand new machine put together just for the photo. Real ethical willy
Kiss my ass Greg, you have no idea WTF your talking about. Mine looks much the same and I wasn't going to take it apart just for you, Petunia. Run along and go finish your paper route and if you've been a good boy, you can go pleasure some farm animals.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Oh, and by the way, if you pop off the base if the vac motor and rivet or screw the vacuum lead off it, you're problem is solved.

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
Oh, and by the way, if you pop off the base if the vac motor and rivet or screw the vacuum lead off it, you're problem is solved.

It's better to get a real vacuum manifold and mount it properly right from the beginning than to have to disassemble a new vac motor to customize it so it will work. Usually, when you need a new vac, you need it now. And you will still have the manufacturers warranty.

So Willy, is CA screwing them on now? When did they start that? All the ones I've seen are just glued on. By the way are you going to Connections? I have something to show you. Let me know if you're coming.

S

sam miller

Bob Foster said:
So what ever happened to Rickie Forgothisnuts any way?

he was all over *** last I checked but when I go there now it says server is busy get the .....out smack kick :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

You keep missing the point Willy I don't care about fixing it I have no use for it. I decided to post pics, I also posted pics of other equipment the same day. I didn't build the hunk o crap and I just was pointing out what a joke it was. I am building a milk box booster with some parts from cross american and it will cost less than 1/5

I love you willy but I never posted pics off equipment that wasn't mine and bragged, talk about shilling. Sheep don't talk and I would be more than happy to compare my paper route to yours

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Cross American Vac Booster w/Pictures

Willy P said:
XTREME1 said:
Kiss my ass Greg, you have no idea WTF your talking about. Mine looks much the same and I wasn't going to take it apart just for you, Petunia. Run along and go finish your paper route and if you've been a good boy, you can go pleasure some farm animals.

Wholly crap!

"mine looks MUCH the same".

Busted. :) then resorted to name calling who would've thought. LOL. Good stuff.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Willy so did Ed have you post the picture and you still call yourself a consumer? Shame on you. You sell out your great reputation for a vac booster. For shame

Willy P

Name
Willy P
XTREME1 said:
Willy so did Ed have you post the picture and you still call yourself a consumer? Shame on you. You sell out your great reputation for a vac booster. For shame

Exactly! He's conspiring with Rotovac to get YOU Greg! Anyway, I offered to help you easily fix your problem Greg, that was all this was about when it started or that was what I thought.Instead, it turned into a "Bash Ed Fest". If you wish to twist things, have at it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You obviously have difficulty reading the english language. I am doing work for an Ex NHL player from canada today if you would like I will him write it out in Canuck form

This is how ignorant you are Willy, you continually call me names and defend Ed when I never bashed Ed. Please show me where I did.

I can not believe you have so much anger about nothing. You are a little man. Then you post a pic from ed because he is too much of a pussy to defend his product he heaps insults just like you do. Birds of a fking feather

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom