Customer leave behinds?

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
What do you do? Goody bag with several things a bottle of spotter or nothing? Those who do leave something what and where do you get it from?
With my hearing issue and the wife joining me on the truck has ot her pretty pumped about the biz, a very good thing. She wants to start giving the cstomers gifts and just looking at what others do for some more ideas.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We left a custom spotter bottle, a few business cards they could pass on to friends and neighbors and our customer satisfaction survey.

We also left a gift for larger jobs, better clients. My favorite was an 8" x 12" erasable marker board that would stick to the frig with a magnet for leaving notes. Sometimes a calendar, sometimes a coffee mug. We had to change so that a repeating client did not get the same gift repeatedly.

I like the Home Pro spotter. http://www.homeprospotter.com

There is also a nice custom spotter for pet stains, called "all Is Forgiven." This is nice for the clients with pets.
http://www.clientretentionformulas.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
read slowly

F R I D G E M A G N E T S

#1 source of repeat customers being able to find your number.

PS. They don't always have to go on the fridge.

Just sayin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Customer leave behinds?

Brian R said:
read slowly

F R I D G E M A G N E T S

#1 source of repeat customers being able to find your number.

PS. They don't always have to go on the fridge.

Just sayin

X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Name
I'm Rick James
Private Label Spotter "Kabluey"
With a spotter towel with spotting chart
Biz cards in thank you/referral envelope
Leave behind information about cleaning ect.

Woman are a big asset because they are closer to your target market mentally than men are. So uhmmm... listen to your wife :shock:

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Scott the 8x12 dry erase board is one we want to do, we have one on our fridge but there is no info about who made it, it came from the state fair. Do you remember where your's came from?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
I love when the customer brings the bottle of left behind spotter when i ask who was your previous cleaner, they uasually tell me it does not work.so when i am done with
impressing the hell out of them i ask for the spotter in exchange for my card and a little knoweldge on how to take care of your carpet and use me to do it
shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
RGH269 said:
Scott the 8x12 dry erase board is one we want to do, we have one on our fridge but there is no info about who made it, it came from the state fair. Do you remember where your's came from?

It has been several years. The company I purchased from was in Colorado. Originally called "The Magnet Man."Later changed to "Magnets & More." I don't have contact information, not even sure if he is still in business. I don't think he made them,just a distributor. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

Chris A

Name
Chris
glenboy said:
I love when the customer brings the bottle of left behind spotter when i ask who was your previous cleaner, they uasually tell me it does not work.so when i am done with
impressing the hell out of them i ask for the spotter in exchange for my card and a little knoweldge on how to take care of your carpet and use me to do it
shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Our custys love the jon don stuff, but most of the use it on easy stuff, mud, fresh pet spots, etc.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I think magnets are a thing of the past personally. No one can put them on their fridge anymore. We have folders, with all of our collateral in them. Custom spotters, Special referral cards. For jobs over $600 we send them special gift baskets.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
bensurdi said:
I think magnets are a thing of the past personally. No one can put them on their fridge anymore. We have folders, with all of our collateral in them. Custom spotters, Special referral cards. For jobs over $600 we send them special gift baskets.

I disagree Ben, only stainless fridges can't have them on them and 90+ % of people don't have stainless- at least in Detroit. The Fridge is where Mrs Piff puts up reminders, kids things etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No one can put them on their fridge anymore
Yep the sides on ours is only exposed a few inches so we put them on our dishwasher which looks like stainless but must not be.

The dishwasher is so low it's not the value it was on the fridge pre-stainless steel. thathurts

IMG_20110720_211743.jpg

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Around here many people have SS fridges or wood panels to match the kitchen cabinets, we did the magnets for awhile IMO a good post card works better.

Bob Foster

rhyde said:
Around here many people have SS fridges or wood panels to match the kitchen cabinets, we did the magnets for awhile IMO a good post card works better.

:idea: It just occurred to me that our customers might appreciate a nice dust pan with our logo or sticker on it. It will always be used and the person who is using it has their mind focused on cleaning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fridge magnets don't have to go on the fridge

SS fridges get the magnet on the side NO, they are not a thing of the past.....Some of the SS looking fridges will hold a magnet on the front as well.

I also promote computer towers, file cabinets and anything else that will take a magnet.

The magnet serves a purpose and it actually does something...it sticks to metal. lol...People love that. Yes, people are easily amused.

It's in their face...Always and it can hold up the kids A+ test they want to show off.

Again.....Fridge Magnets are the #1 leave behind if you want your customer to call you back without having to look for you and often finding someone they think is you.

Hellure!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I leave magnet, bottle of spotter and our after cleaning tent card.

The tent card has after care instructions, Guarantee, Referral program, How to leave a client online review and a big thank you!!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Spotter bottle with my name for new customers.
Always leave my brochure that lets the custy know all our service advantages.
After care procedures Thank You card.
Fact sheet on what fiber producers recommend for method and cleaning frequency.
Business card.
Fridge magnet.
Booties.
Sign with company name that says carpet just cleaned.

Also leave behind printed material on a number of subjects if applicable. Fiber types and characteristics, pile reversal or water marking, apparent soil appearance, carpet wrinkles or buckling, urine contamination explanation, Kawasaki Syndrome, stains, soil filtration, Teflon brochure, Ten Reasons truck mounted hot water extraction cleaning, IICRC, etc.

I like my bases covered. Keeps me looking good and out of trouble.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Biz card and triangles in fresh cleaned carpet. I need to get back to the basics. We used to do the How did we do rating prestamped post cart with shoe covers and Spot Out.

Only received 5-10 postcards back, shoe covers kept breaking at the rubber band so dropped those.

Spot Out just got lazy with remembering to take it in.

New Year's resolution maybe.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Royal Man said:
I leave magnet, bottle of spotter and our after cleaning tent card.

The tent card has after care instructions, Guarantee, Referral program, How to leave a client online review and a big thank you!!

Tent card may very well be #2...At least in the top five.

Remember to get emails too and leave a thank you email asking for a review as well.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
besides the obvious fridge mag, i leave 1 bottle of Poof from Vacaway with my logo and number already pre-printed on it from Vacaway.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the middle of my magnet pops out and becomes a picture frame. people just love them . i get them fro Nebs.

gene

S

sam miller

Ken Snow said:
bensurdi said:

I disagree Ben, only stainless fridges can't have them on them and 90+ % of people don't have stainless- at least in Detroit. The Fridge is where Mrs Piff puts up reminders, kids things etc.

I agree Ken people always ask for them here!

I give cards, booties or shoecovers, and a reminder card in the mail 6 months a and a year!

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yeah I guess it just really depends on where you live in the country. Seattle is a more modernistic area and we cater to a high end market which means we rarely see the older fridges that are practical for magnets. In addition, our customers probably wouldn't appreciate having a magnet slapped on their dishwasher or somewhere else that it just happens to stick to but i certainly wish we did see more opportunities to use them! I think they are a great leave behind but I just saw a limited opportunity to apply them in the field.

Commercial magnets are fantastic still because of filing cabinets, etc.

Becker

Name
Becker
bensurdi said:
Yeah I guess it just really depends on where you live in the country. Seattle is a more modernistic area and we cater to a high end market which means we rarely see the older fridges that are practical for magnets. In addition, our customers probably wouldn't appreciate having a magnet slapped on their dishwasher or somewhere else that it just happens to stick to but i certainly wish we did see more opportunities to use them! I think they are a great leave behind but I just saw a limited opportunity to apply them in the field.

Commercial magnets are fantastic still because of filing cabinets, etc.

I agree with Ben here.

I've still got the mags and give them out when I see it appropriated. SS or not I see a lot of clients liking the clean lines of an uncluttered ridge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom