Dadgum Elves gave themselves a raise!

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
About a month ago I mentioned a sobering chat with my bookkeeper. One outcome was to keep labor to a percentage of gross, instead of paying by the hour ($10/hr).

You know what those stinkers did? They went and got all efficient and energetic! Little cusses finished two jobs in 6 1/2 hours, netting themselves about $14.88/hour! Not only that but the customer actually called and praised the wretched farts and even TIPPED them!

I couldn't be more proud.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Santa, hahaha!

In Alabama, $10/hour is pretty good. Most labor runs around $8.

I'm just concerned that after giving themselves a nearly 50% raise in one month, they might accidentally get inspired and start thinking like leaders. Maybe one day, start their own businesses.

That would be cool.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
are you a nascar fan? ever go to Talladega. That's been on my bucket list for years. I used to have a rv and always thought how cool it would be to park in the infield and sit on the roof and watch the race with a cooler of beer. Probably get drunk and fall off.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
'Dega is just down the road about twenty miles. Never been. Seems like life just keeps happening and then another year happened.
Open invite if anyone does want to go and needs a cot.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

For a couple years before I met genny I use to go to the race with a couple other guys. Stayed at a friends in Georgia close to the state line.

We golfed everyday for three days and squeezed the race in. Man that was fun!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My wife's people are from the Magdalen Islands in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. We got married down there a few years ago. Favorite song played at our wedding was-I's the bye who builds the boat and I's the bye who sails her, I's the bye who catches the fish and brings them home to Liza.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Have the Newfinese invaded Alabama? Ya better start praying (and hide all the rum)

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Naw. Dad pastored a church in New Brunswick, a chilly land with no effective fence on the Newfoundland side, hahaha!

Good people, mostly Scots. Like mich of the South.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom