Daily reports...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Daily reports on how this madness is effecting your business...

Today... 3 jobs booked... And 2 cancellations....

• Sad
Reactions: Mark Saiger
J

JS41035

zero booked. Lots of cancellations . Governor just shut down restaurants except take out and drive thru. Salons gyms daycare,adult daycare, shut down. My son and wife were at a hair salon getting his hair cut when a lady rushed in the door to get a haircut before the restrictions start. The two girls who own the salon ( and just took out a loan to buy the building ) were both there. They found out from the customer that their business would have to close tomorrow. I called some our oldest customers who own restaurants. You can hear the fear and frustration in their voice. Extremely difficult time.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Still too early in the season to know but it is getting busier. I've had a couple cancellations but more reschedules. If I don't clean carpets, I work on my renovation house. Makes no difference.

Reactions: Mikey P
J

JS41035

The official website https://govstatus.egov.com/kycovid19
shows
Current as of March 17, 2020 at 4 p.m. Eastern time

Kentucky Coronavirus Monitoring

Number Tested: 380
Positive: 26
Its difficult to believe that there have only been 380 people TESTED. I'm assuming that they only test those that are seriously ill. If this continues for months, so many self employed people I know will be bankrupt. I'll gladly sacrifice my business and possessions if it is necessary to prevent someone from losing their life. If that happens so be it. But only time will tell if it was necessary or effective.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I had a strip and wax in a group home - cancelled. 2 apartment building halls and stairs - cancelled. An empty rental house - cancelled. Pool deck tile and grout - cancelled.

I do have a school to refinish the floors on, but I've got no phone calls in the last 5 days. Not an ideal situation.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a strip and wax in a group home - cancelled. 2 apartment building halls and stairs - cancelled. An empty rental house - cancelled. Pool deck tile and grout - cancelled.

I do have a school to refinish the floors on, but I've got no phone calls in the last 5 days. Not an ideal situation.
My phone has gone quiet now except for rugs.

Reactions: Willy P

randy

Name
Randy
Today I booked my first call of the week. Lots of cancellations with we will call back when the kids aren't here. I was the only one in a restaurant tonight that is always busy 24/7. The owner is a wreak, I told her see you tomorrow and she hugged me. This reminds me of 9/11. You can see the fear in people's eyes. It's going to be ok, probably pretty much over in 4-6 weeks. We forget that over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year in this country. Worldwide over 1,250,000 die in auto accidents. I really can't believe the reaction to this crisis. Totally overblown. Lord help us if we ever have a really horrible incident.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Demand is like a rubber band, it usually stretches back.

However this is like nothing in our lifetime. People blowing it off will soon come down to a stark reality .

This will be economically catastrophic, even if it passes in a month or so.

It won't.

Agree... Even at early stage in this game..... The damage is already done...this is a big one... and because nobody's really experienced anything like this before everybody does not know which way to turn or what's going on... and what's even more scary is that this is just the beginning this is not even started yet.... The economy is going to take such a hit that's going to take years for us to recover and many.....many small businesses are going to go belly-up....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have 4 small ones to start the day... No reason to even start up a second truck....

Still early to see if anything gets canceled or how many jobs get booked...

F

FB7777

Demand is like a rubber band, it usually stretches back.

However this is like nothing in our lifetime. People blowing it off will soon come down to a stark reality .

This will be economically catastrophic, even if it passes in a month or so.

It won't.
Agreed Lee

“your neighbor losing their job is a recession.... you losing yours is a depression”

Here in Boston , we are experiencing near shut down ... I’m still working but fully expect to be shutdown in a week or two

it’s coming ....

Learn to short the market 😀

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
No bookings from it, but people are reading.

1584549952730.png

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
4 jobs today.. 3rd one canceled before we finished the first one.. two jobs were booked today for next week.. and one other cancellation for next week...

Still only one truck going out... And unless I just get really board.. I don't see a reason for me to get on the trucks for awhile..

Name
Jeff T
I just finished looking @ the city owned theatre. 1150 seats, T&G, polished concrete, bunch of carpet, and 8 lobby couches... the guy said ‘if I like your bid, we clean it all every spring, and I’ve got a bunch of other buildings for you to look at’...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Booked 3 today but they're all smallies. I'm not liking my monthlies shutting down. I'm not sitting on a mound of cash and I just hate dipping in elsewhere. I can stretch a few months but after that it's into the savings. Hopefully this will have blown over by then.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I did a residential job this morning so Brady could go do a church job. The lady was a retired RN who told me to be sure and follow the guidelines of washing and social distancing. Told me it was very important. Then she spent the next two hours following me around talking. Every time I took a step back, she’d take one forward.

She gave me a $30 tip though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom