DAmn Georgia humidity!

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I don't think you did anything wrong with cleaning it again. It was necessary to remove any mold spores that were starting to grow.
Beginning 80% humidity is to be excepted when a fan is used. My Rug cleaning plant/Dry room often starts at 92% humidity after cleaning rugs.
Maybe Kevin is correct about it being a building issue.
Or was your TM working correctly?-- Did you touch the carpet with your hand after cleaning to determine IF the carpet was dry enough, or did it need additional extraction passes?
What size is your dehue-- Is it for professionals or DIYers.
Maybe Addition heaters should have also been used.

Oh-- And Maybe it IS your new wand?--Perhaps there is a clog inside the wand head. Use the Vac hose to suck out the lint that gets wrapped around a support post that is inside the wand head.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't think you did anything wrong with cleaning it again. It was necessary to remove any mold spores that were starting to grow.
Beginning 80% humidity is to be excepted when a fan is used. My Rug cleaning plant/Dry room often starts at 92% humidity after cleaning rugs.
Maybe Kevin is correct about it being a building issue.
Or was your TM working correctly?-- Did you touch the carpet with your hand after cleaning to determine IF the carpet was dry enough, or did it need additional extraction passes?
What size is your dehue-- Is it for professionals or DIYers.
Maybe Addition heaters should have also been used.

Oh-- And Maybe it IS your new wand?--Perhaps there is a clog inside the wand head. Use the Vac hose to suck out the lint that gets wrapped around a support post that is inside the wand head.
The 80% humidity was the 2nd day after the initial cleaning. I'm certain it is a building issue. The tm is working just fine, due to the results from all the other jobs I cleaned. Dry passes were super slow on the 2nd time around so I recovered all that could be possible. Dehu is a large size, but I couldn't separate the air flow from the main floor to the basement, so that makes sense why it was still 60% the second day.

And Larry is a doof

But with the high humidity and 100% rain all day in georgia, it is a necessity to have some sort of climate control controlling the humidity in a basement. All I did was dampen an already moist atmosphere and these people don't know any better since they've been living in it for only a year and she told me that the previous owner said his dehumidifier never pulled moisture out so they thought it wasn't needed. I don't care what the previous owner said...my dehumidifier read 80% and I'm betting he told her that just to sell the house quicker

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
your turn..

you don't know basements are inherently damp?
You don't know all that damn steam coming from under the wand adds humidity to the environment?
AND it's raining?

and you didn't "think" about that, nor advise custy of how to accelerate drying conditions?

from now on....yuuz yo hED, BoY!!

..L.T.A.
Dude, this is the first incident I've ever had to my knowledge. average 700ish jobs last year. I don't think a goober lecture like that makes any difference

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That’s funny shit right there. But I’m sorry for your loss Matt. Hopefully your customer didn’t except your refund since you worked to make it right. If she did, she’s an ass! Also, I agree lmc isn’t alway low moisture when extreme measures are needed.
I only offered the refund the 2nd day after it wasn't much better and the house still smelled stagnant. I wasn't happy with the turnout so I felt she needed it. This is a small town, gossip travels fast

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
JFC, you're a narcissistic dikwad with your attempt at insults

nah, he's a swinging dik board persona.
you get the measure you give 😉

He's knows

I can't believe he thinks the undetetective is some manipulative mastermind

3 out of five people are stoopit.
He just has to be a little less stoopit than one in five

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I used both the new and pro ti wand. It'd be fun to kick mike in the shins on it, but I can't

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Personally, I wouldn't add more problem to the problem.

I would dry it as fast as I could and setup a reclean with the expectation that I would have to make additional drying provisions to avoid a repeat performance.
Yeah I agree. I was hoping for a quick fix on this. Gamble.

Name
Nate W.
Banana glide or the headers were glowing red again, maybe both.. :eekk:

You can't clean wet carpet, that was the second mistake.. The first was buying a shitty wand when you had a perfectly fine wand..

Matthew Murphy Wood, if it wasn't for bad luck or hard luck, you'd have no luck! :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
72 degrees with an RH of 80% = 94 grains of moisture per pound of air (14 cubic feet of air = one pound), which is high.

72 degrees with an RH of 80% gives you a dew point of 65 degrees. Dew point = air saturation and drying stops.

Every degree in temperature above dew point is a degree of evaporation, the bigger the spread above dew point your room temperature is, the faster you will dry.

Every degree below dew point is a degree of condensation, water from the air condenses on surfaces below 65 degrees. The temperature of the cement slab under your carpet is probably close to 65 degrees.

1, Check the output of your dehumidifier, temperature, and RH. You should be getting a grain depression of 20 to 30 grains per pound of air.

2, As papa Jon suggested, increase the heat to 80 degrees if possible.

3, If you increase the heat and your dehumidifier is pulling 25 plus grains and you still aren’t drying, you are pulling in water from outside.

Mikey P

Administrator
Man I don't want to reread all this but was this a level loop Burger style carpet and did you clean it the first time when you were in full-on banana mode?

FredC

Village Idiot
Why?

You can make the spot go away with no odor with OP, so who cares if you get two more ounces out of the backing...
1682389849032881.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
72 degrees with an RH of 80% = 94 grains of moisture per pound of air (14 cubic feet of air = one pound), which is high.

72 degrees with an RH of 80% gives you a dew point of 65 degrees. Dew point = air saturation and drying stops.

Every degree in temperature above dew point is a degree of evaporation, the bigger the spread above dew point your room temperature is, the faster you will dry.

Every degree below dew point is a degree of condensation, water from the air condenses on surfaces below 65 degrees. The temperature of the cement slab under your carpet is probably close to 65 degrees.

1, Check the output of your dehumidifier, temperature, and RH. You should be getting a grain depression of 20 to 30 grains per pound of air.

2, As papa Jon suggested, increase the heat to 80 degrees if possible.

3, If you increase the heat and your dehumidifier is pulling 25 plus grains and you still aren’t drying, you are pulling in water from outside.
I followed up with her today and the carper is dry on day 3 with no odor. I offered to apply antimicrobial if she still smells anything but she was leery about adding anymore moisture so I’ll just pull my dryers out tomorrow and suggest they setup a dehu to run permanently.

Thanks for the info.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How many of you HWE only goopers pour a gallon of OSR on 4 ounces of dog pee?

WaterClaws are da debil
I’m not the osr type of guy. I just add peroxide in my sprayer juice and it normally rinses out. If it’s stubborn, I’ll just spray with a strong acid rinse.

The osr in the bucket is a waste of time but it has been a last resort

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom