DAmn Georgia humidity!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Man I don't want to reread all this but was this a level loop Burger style carpet and did you clean it the first time when you were in full-on banana mode?
I only cleaned half a room with that wand bouncing before I swapped out to my prochem wand. It was a humid basement that was the cause of all this that fell in my lap

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Or masked and your sniffers broke.

Because I'll bet $100 you didn't get down on it!
Correct.

Enzymes don’t make piss vanish. They kill the bacteria that grows off the salts that cause the stink. They can eat some of the components of piss, just not the uric acid salts.

So… one either has to remove the salts from the padding or completely leave them alone and keep them dry.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Correct.

Enzymes don’t make piss vanish. They kill the bacteria that grows off the salts that cause the stink. They can eat some of the components of piss, just not the uric acid salts.

So… one either has to remove the salts from the padding or completely leave them alone and keep them dry.
More reason the enzyme explanation is bs. Can someone pull up a video of the bacteria being "eaten" by the enzymes in urine?

And since it can't remove the urine salts (that are the source of the ammonia odor when wet), why should one waste time using another product to remove it?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
More reason the enzyme explanation is bs. Can someone pull up a video of the bacteria being "eaten" by the enzymes in urine?

And since it can't remove the urine salts (that are the source of the ammonia odor when wet), why should one waste time using another product to remove it?
I flush as much of the salts as I possibly can. I use enzyme to kill the odor causing bacteria that is left in the carpet after the flush.

It works.

An oxidizer does the same thing, it kills bacteria that causes the smell. The difference is the enzyme will reactivate if more bacteria ever grows. At least for six months or so.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I flush as much of the salts as I possibly can. I use enzyme to kill the odor causing bacteria that is left in the carpet after the flush.

It works.
I think it's more reasonable to "remove" the bacteria and odor than killing it. You use less product and the soap salesman that sell the dozens of enzymes, oxidizers, acids, and want to sell you all of them (whether you need it or not) are the only ones that make big $ off it.

But if you're just buffing the carpet, maybe enzymes is the only option since it can't be fully flushed out

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I think it's more reasonable to "remove" the bacteria and odor than killing it. You use less product and the soap salesman that sell the dozens of enzymes, oxidizers, acids, and want to sell you all of them (whether you need it or not) are the only ones that make big $ off it.

But if you're just buffing the carpet, maybe enzymes is the only option since it can't be fully flushed out
Did you miss the part where I typically claw piss spots?

In fact, if you’re not clawing piss spots, you’re better off not wanding at all, all you’ll do is get the padding wet and wake up all those salts.

Lastly, you can wand spots all day long, but unless you are using an acid or something else to break down the uric acid, it ain’t going anywhere.

Acidified sodium chlorite is good for breaking down the uric acid so it can be extracted.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

In fact, you may want to mix up a batch of acidified sodium chlorite and scrub it into that carpet. The shit works wonders.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
I spend no time thinking about piss.

Two game 7's today fellas!

Screenshot_20230430-061444.png

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
That’s because you only do work for billionaires

In purple
Mostly millionaires but I don't go into home s looking to upsell piss services.

If they bring it up or I notice a suspect are I ask what's been done to clean it up and don't say another word about it.
If it smells I'll soak the fibers with Saiger Eucalyptus Mint and flush it well.

That's it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

It works.

An oxidizer does the same thing, it kills bacteria that causes the smell. The difference is the enzyme will reactivate if more bacteria ever grows. At least for six months or so.
I think your wrong, enzyme digester will continue to work and eat organic matter.

Is it best to use an acid to beak up urine salts and an reliquify the crystals? Sure.

The acid will neutralize the ammonia immediately.

But if not dealt with will start to smell again.

Oxidizers and quats kill bacteria that cause odor.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I think your wrong, enzyme digester will continue to work and eat organic matter.

Is it best to use an acid to beak up urine salts and an reliquify the crystals? Sure.

What did I say differently? An enzyme will not deal with uric acid crystals at all, it will just digest bacteria caused by the crystals. There’s nothing that will actually dissolve the crystals making them benign. The problem with uric acid, which forms the crystals, is you have to strip it away from the carpet fiber, so you can extract it. That takes an acid.

If you don’t fully extract the uric acid crystals, the idea of the enzyme is it wakes up when damp and continues to digest bacteria formed by those crystals the causes the smell.

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator

I like how un-Doctor Suessie you are in the mornings.

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam and FredC

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I’m always surprised how some of my customers are very interested in my dog piss knowledge.

I mostly explain to them how Stanley Steemer or Joe’s Steam Cleaning soaking their carpet doesn’t do a damn thing for uric acid.

Helps me charge more.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I like to bring in my PP 5000 urine detection light and shine it on the carpet by the husband's computer station, that establishes a great sense of trust between me and the wife.
You can tell a lot about a marriage by the black light inspection in the master bedroom.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom