Disco Truckmount complete

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I think it looks sweet.. the Puerto Ricans in the hood would love it...Oh wait.. Am i gonna be called a racist again? :roll:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
everfresh1 said:
I think it looks sweet.. the Puerto Ricans in the hood would love it...Oh wait.. Am i gonna be called a racist again? :roll:

your probably right....the whole set up is worth more in scrap metal....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A little overkill for what most guys would use it for.

But I like the see through shelving. shiteatinggrin

F

FB7777

I happen to think its a very good video

I can't speak to the quality and reliablilty of an EL Diablo TM, but the box is extremely well organized and very impressive

It could be considered a bit over the top with diamond bling but over-all that is a very impressive cleaning rig inside and out.

It beats 99% of the carpet cleaning vans I see on the road

pfred said:

I can't speak to the quality and reliablilty of an EL Diablo TM, but the box is extremely well organized and very impressive

It could be considered a bit over the top with diamond bling but over-all that is a very impressive cleaning rig inside and out.

I agree. I think the truck kicks ass.

Is the El Diablo all that? It's probably no different than a C4. Both are propane fired units and simple.

Back to the truck.

Some say it is nothing but bling and a boxtruck. Ok maybe so, but putting it all together is easier said than done. That is why that truck is nicer than most carpet cleaners.

But that bling, the custom shelves, the van wrap, the attention to detail, and the overall layout are what makes the truck so nice.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
pfred said:

Is the El Diablo all that? It's probably no different than a C4. Both are propane fired units and simple.

Back to the truck.

Some say it is nothing but bling and a boxtruck. Ok maybe so, but putting it all together is easier said than done. That is why that truck is nicer than most carpet cleaners.

But that bling, the custom shelves, the van wrap, the attention to detail, and the overall layout are what makes the truck so nice.

....some peoples taste is all in there mouth.......

Jim you have a box truck with carpeted floors, spray liner, shelving, and a wrap. It is the small details that make your truck look good. Not the machine or the truck. The small details. If the details didn't matter, you would have left the wood floor.

C

cucu

to bling for me..
i like Jim Bethel,s trucks .They be made for working,

F

FB7777

....some peoples taste is all in there mouth.......

what are you saying? that if you consider something to be overdone, its poor taste?

Rob's truck graphics a top notch IMO, I realize most people are having a difficult time separating their opinions of the owner from the machinery

don't be jealous Jim, your truck and TM are purdy too... but his graphics are way better :twisted:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we weren't talking about the graphics.......we were talking about the 70's disco look in the back......

I am not looking for pretty on mine....I don't need bling to get what I need done..all I want is a good machine.....and room to organize my stuff......My truck....Harpers set up....Ron Beatty's trucks and a hand full of others....they are built to work.....they are built to make money....not show........you cant tell me that rob's set up is not totally stupid.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim you have a box truck with carpeted floors, spray liner, shelving, and a wrap. It is the small details that make your truck look good. Not the machine or the truck. The small details. If the details didn't matter, you would have left the wood floor.

the floor was never wood....that would of been a dumb move from the starting gate....the spray liner is for protection...not show....the carpet is just laying in there to keep the floor clean and because the rhino lining is slippery........it is not wrapped...and the shelving is to help keep things where I want them and organized.....and it is about the machine and the truck it is in..because if both of them are not made to do what you need them to then the "details don't matter sitting in a shop somewhere........

Jim Martin said:
we weren't talking about the graphics.......we were talking about the 70's disco look in the back......

I am not looking for pretty on mine....I don't need bling to get what I need done..all I want is a good machine.....and room to organize my stuff......My truck....Harpers set up....Ron Beatty's trucks and a hand full of others....they are built to work.....they are built to make money....not show........you cant tell me that the set up is not totally stupid.....

You guys are nuts. Look at the picture. The machine may suck. I don't know, but the setup is very nice.

Jim I get where you are coming from but the fact is your truck looks good because everything is clean and organized. The key word here being clean. You have one of the best trucks on this board because you pay attention to the small details. I get what you are saying though. You don't need the stainless to make your truck look good, but having some wouldn't hurt anything.

If bling wasn't important, then why do wheel simulators? Why not just roll on dirty aluminum wheels?

The stainless looks good. It's not about making money. It's about looking clean and professional. Some guys do ten 300 dollar jobs per week while others do 30 100 jobs per week or dream of doing 30 jobs per week and wonder why they never get anywhere. Having a nice clean truck is mandatory imo if you are going to be the 10 job 300 dollar average cleaner.

I like Jim Martin's and Harper's trucks a lot. They both look clean and organized.

They are both better than what I roll in, but hey it is making me good money and I don't even need a wrap. My little broke dick one truck operation knocked out 5600 last week with it and the jobs are pouring in so no complaints here.

I really want to get a nice box truck with a killer wrap, but I am content with what I have for now.

I agree about the machine though. Having practical reliable equipment is key. Dual wanding is taking me to a new level. Five jobs tomorrow and I plan on dual wanding four of them. If I had a decent second upholstery tool, I would dual wand that one as well.

Ryan

danielc said:
pfred said:

Back to the truck.

Hmm well lets see...

El Dialbo steel... C4 stainless
El Diablo... 45... C4.. 4008
El Dialbo.. under driven blower... C4 proper rpms
El Dialbo.. 27 hp.. C4.. 35 hp (correct me if I'm wrong I can't remember exactly)

I don't follow the forum heard mentality, but you can't say that an El Dialbo is equal to a C4.

I think that you are going out of your way not to follow others on the forum Daniel and trying to be fair and objective about Rob's setup reguardless of his personality. Your trying so hard to see the good in it you are overlooking obvious things. I too like attention to detail and form, but I also appreciate function. This truck looks like it was designed by a hungover bikerchick.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If bling wasn't important, then why do wheel simulators? Why not just roll on dirty aluminum wheels
?

it came with them...but to be honest ..if it did not I would of probably bought a set for it....I think a nice clean image helps out.....and simulators look cleaner then the steel wheels....

Jim and Harper know what they are doing.

It is the small things that make a business successful.

Brian and Yoakums will never understand that.

I for one would love to work with Harper's crew or Jim for a week.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ryan said:
danielc said:
pfred said:

Back to the truck.

El Dialbo.. 27 hp.. C4.. 35 hp (correct me if I'm wrong I can't remember exactly)

Correct.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
danielc said:
Jim and Harper know what they are doing.

It is the small things that make a business successful.

Brian and Yoakums will never understand that.

I for one would love to work with Harper's crew or Jim for a week.

Looking at his "after hours crew", in the above post, I'd rather hang with them for a month, or two, or as long as I were able. :twisted: shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

:oops:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Ryan said:
danielc said:
pfred said:

Back to the truck.

Hmm well lets see...

El Dialbo steel... C4 stainless
El Diablo... 45... C4.. 4008
El Dialbo.. under driven blower... C4 proper rpms

I don't follow the forum heard mentality, but you can't say that an El Dialbo is equal to a C4.

I think that you are going out of your way not to follow others on the forum Daniel and trying to be fair and objective about Rob's setup reguardless of his personality. Your trying so hard to see the good in it you are overlooking obvious things. I too like attention to detail and form, but I also appreciate function. This truck looks like it was designed by a hungover bikerchick.

The El Diablo is a great unit from what I can see, I don't like the Steel but other then that it seems to be good unit. It's smaller in size, Which I like Becouse I'm not getting a big van, the diesel burns hotter then propane, and its not that loud. It'll probably be my next unit. I like the C4 too, but I'm not too fond of propane and it's a little too big. I also like the New Steamways but they cost too much.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Hey i run on dirty ass painted steel....that when the tires are rotated, it shows the nasty brake dust or when the oil seal was bad :shock: :shock:

but man i would love some stimulators :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
floorguy said:
Hey i run on dirty ass painted steel....that when the tires are rotated, it shows the nasty brake dust or when the oil seal was bad :shock: :shock:

but man i would love some stimulators :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

wheel simulators 1-800-215-8007.........try this guy if they are out there he will know how to get them if he don't have them....................

Take Rob out of the picture.

If Les put that truck together with a MB vac logo and a C4, everyone here would be walking hard ons.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Take Rob out of the picture.

If Les put that truck together with a MB vac logo and a C4, everyone here would be walking hard ons.

I think you mis quoted that from ***.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
How are you liking your truck Jim?

What do you plan on changing or adding?

the machine and the truck are everything I hoped they would be.....and then some....the set up is exactly how I want it...and need it.....the only thing I have in my plans is I am looking for a certain type cabinet to put in the back to organize a few more items....other then that....there is nothing I need to do to it.....it don't have a lot of useless bling...but they are both a work horse and they get the job done.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom