Disco Truckmount complete

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
danielc said:
How are you liking your truck Jim?

What do you plan on changing or adding?

the machine and the truck are everything I hoped they would be.....and then some....the set up is exactly how I want it...and need it.....the only thing I have in my plans is I am looking for a certain type cabinet to put in the back to organize a few more items....other then that....there is nothing I need to do to it.....it don't have a lot of useless bling...but they are both a work horse and they get the job done.......

Jim,

If I remember correctly...? you have a "roll-up door" @ the machine...!!!

But you have "Hinged" doors in the rear... :!:

Don't under estimate the VAST amount of storage available on those DOORS... :idea:
I believe the left rear door ..has a shelving unit about 8 inches from the rear door..?

So there is plenty of room to mount shelving on those rear doors...!!!
This will leave you with more "OPEN floor space... 8) You can use "self tapping" 1/4 inch
screws to mount the shelving...OR...Drill all the way threw the doors & counter sink the SS heads..."Then just cover heads with the extra "vinyl wrap" material... !gotcha!

DSC00031.jpg

"We were able to ELIMANATE a three tier ss "floor mounted" shelve by doing this..." 8)

Ps..with your neck issues, It makes a lot of sense for you to have MOST frequently use chems & tools with-in arms reach. :idea:
NO climbing in & out of the truck for frequently used item's.. :!:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Regardless of what you think about that setup............ I thought we all liked the eldiablo? Now we don't? I cant keep up with the trends... I would like to have a etup like that, but with my logo on the ceiling... As many of you say its to much, its probably cause your jelous fo real... If I had the money mine would like like a show piece too.... Wouldnt all of ours? for real now come on

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
the truck looks great! Anyone who acts like it's a POS or ugly, come on, really?? Is it a "working" truck, hell no...it's for show. Someone posted about his big ego...exactly. He spent a lot of time & money to be able to say he's got the coolest looking TM...ok...so now what? Do I think someone could drop a lot of coin and have a "cooler" & "better" set-up, hell yes....BUT WHY???

To acheive the best of both worlds like Harper and many more w/ bigger trucks....having a good/great looking truck, clean equipment/interior WITH a good machine....that's what I want. Because let's face it, the way your truck looks reflects on you and your business....but it can't be soooo purdy that you can't actually work out of it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
HARPER said:
Jim Martin said:
danielc said:
How are you liking your truck Jim?

What do you plan on changing or adding?

the machine and the truck are everything I hoped they would be.....and then some....the set up is exactly how I want it...and need it.....the only thing I have in my plans is I am looking for a certain type cabinet to put in the back to organize a few more items....other then that....there is nothing I need to do to it.....it don't have a lot of useless bling...but they are both a work horse and they get the job done.......

Jim,

If I remember correctly...? you have a "roll-up door" @ the machine...!!!

But you have "Hinged" doors in the rear... :!:

Don't under estimate the VAST amount of storage available on those DOORS... :idea:
I believe the left rear door ..has a shelving unit about 8 inches from the rear door..?

So there is plenty of room to mount shelving on those rear doors...!!!
This will leave you with more "OPEN floor space... 8) You can use "self tapping" 1/4 inch
screws to mount the shelving...OR...Drill all the way threw the doors & counter sink the SS heads..."Then just cover heads with the extra "vinyl wrap" material... !gotcha!

DSC00031.jpg

"We were able to ELIMANATE a three tier ss "floor mounted" shelve by doing this..." 8)

Ps..with your neck issues, It makes a lot of sense for you to have MOST frequently use chems & tools with-in arms reach. :idea:
NO climbing in & out of the truck for frequently used item's.. :!:

hummm...when i go back to a trailer setup...ill remember that....cuz i am getting a barn door look like that truck there....ill add shelves

cuz i think i decided my ass is tired of the in and out of a box truck...but damn i love the space...so trailer for me

Al

Even though I have had personal experience with the crap that *** does pull,
they did a sweet job on that truck! It fits what their trying to do with the ride along program.

I do wonder how it would have been perceived if Less built it.

that being said, I do get that bad taste in mouf when I watch the vid

here's our setup, no bling but we love it!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/ ... ec4e65.pbw

8)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Al said:
Even though I have had personal experience with the crap that *** does pull,
they did a sweet job on that truck! It fits what their trying to do with the ride along program.

I do wonder how it would have been perceived if Less built it.

that being said, I do get that bad taste in mouf when I watch the vid

here's our setup, no bling but we love it!

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/ ... ec4e65.pbw

8)

Looks good Al, which truck is that again?

Al

Looks good Al, which truck is that again?

Thanks Bill!

It's our box truck and only TM, were close to needing another machine but still getting by with portable or vlm on the other trucks and running the TM more hours longer days and weekends.

All 3 trucks have the equipment to handle water damage, just need some water. :lol:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Deja Vu....this thread is hilarious!! :lol: Rob was showing this van off on dirtygrout.com months ago...one guy asked where the stripper pole was then I said he should put a disco ball in it as well...we never got a response...I was butthurt from the snub :cry:

Ryan

The El Diablo is a great unit from what I can see, I don't like the Steel but other then that it seems to be good unit. It's smaller in size, Which I like Becouse I'm not getting a big van, the diesel burns hotter then propane, and its not that loud. It'll probably be my next unit. I like the C4 too, but I'm not too fond of propane and it's a little too big. I also like the New Steamways but they cost too much.

I guess I could understand that, but putting it in a box truck with dual hose reels is kind laughable.

I actually really liked robs last box truck with the WM in it, this truck is a step down from what he used to have IMO. Does anybody have a pic of his WM setup?

Ryan

I'm sure he "can". Its a underdriven 45 blower, I doubt he can run a lot of hose from that.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The answer is YES HE CAN RUN DUAL WAND! :twisted:

As far as quality of cleaning and dry times...... don't ask!! :shock:

Listen...any machine can be run as dual...but you will not have good dry times and good extraction.

I happened to run an El Diablo for 700 hours and another one for almost 1300 hours now. I use the latter on a daily bases.

I do not recommend dual wanding at all. I run mine with 2.5" hose and a greenhorn with 20flow. There is no way that this unit could do another wand!!!

The only way it does it, if you set two 50' section of 2" hose with a whip and a stupid "industry standard" 1.5"wand with 6 flow. Maybe then...

By the way i think it's about time to come up with a new "industry standard" wand! It drives me crazy to see a lot of the manufacturers still selling their units with those stupid little two jet wonders!!! How about having 2" tube all the way with 4 or 5 jets as industry standard?????

PS: I really do love my El Diablo! I think its a very nice unit that is capable of doing a great job! It definitely stands up to some of the bigger units out there!!

I just don't think it is good for dual wanding is all.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
The answer is YES HE CAN RUN DUAL WAND! :twisted:

As far as quality of cleaning and dry times...... don't ask!! :shock:

Listen...any machine can be run as dual...but you will not have good dry times and good extraction.

I happened to run an El Diablo for 700 hours and another one for almost 1300 hours now. I use the latter on a daily bases.

I do not recommend dual wanding at all. I run mine with 2.5" hose and a greenhorn with 20flow. There is no way that this unit could do another wand!!!

The only way it does it, if you set two 50' section of 2" hose with a whip and a stupid "industry standard" 1.5"wand with 6 flow. Maybe then...

By the way i think it's about time to come up with a new "industry standard" wand! It drives me crazy to see a lot of the manufacturers still selling their units with those stupid little two jet wonders!!! How about having 2" tube all the way with 4 or 5 jets as industry standard?????

PS: I really do love my El Diablo! I think its a very nice unit that is capable of doing a great job! It definitely stands up to some of the bigger units out there!!

I just don't think it is good for dual wanding is all.

:shock: 20 FLOW!! You guys are out of you're mind with that crap, you don't need that kind of flow to clean a friken carpet. And yeah I still use a 1.5 wand and don't plan on switching anytime soon. 20 FlOW!! unreal!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yes 20 flow with the 14" greenhorn!

That's another topic where we can discuss the flow rates and psi etc etc... But have you tried it with a nice 2" tube wand and high flow?

I know you can clean with that pos "industry standard" wand- I have done it for years- believing that I did a good job too. Until I did a side by side for myself and realized the advantages of highflow.

Don't go 20 flow....but get up to at least 15 from the 6 flow "I s".

The El diablo can keep the heat demand up and is also very capable of removing that water. With 1 WAND AND NOT DUAL WAND!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Yes 20 flow with the 14" greenhorn!

That's another topic where we can discuss the flow rates and psi etc etc... But have you tried it with a nice 2" tube wand and high flow?

I know you can clean with that pos "industry standard" wand- I have done it for years- believing that I did a good job too. Until I did a side by side for myself and realized the advantages of highflow.

Don't go 20 flow....but get up to at least 15 from the 6 flow "I s".

The El diablo can keep the heat demand up and is also very capable of removing that water. With 1 WAND AND NOT DUAL WAND!

I don't buy it, you got a video of the comparison? I can't see pushing that big ass 2 inch wand with a big ass two inch hose attached. Maybe it's just me but I like the 1.5 inch. I also don't like S bend wands. :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just about everyone here pushes a big ass 2 inch wand with the 2 inch hose........Ti wands....( the real ones..not the cheap knock offs ).....are lighter in weight then the SS 1.5 wands....and there is some real good lighter weight 2 inch hose...

Mikey P

Administrator
:shock: 20 FLOW!! You guys are out of you're mind with that crap, you don't need that kind of flow to clean a friken carpet. And yeah I still use a 1.5 wand and don't plan on switching anytime soon. 20 FlOW!! unreal!!

a racist AND a hack.. imagine that.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Jim Martin said:
just about everyone here pushes a big ass 2 inch wand with the 2 inch hose........Ti wands....( the real ones..not the cheap knock offs ).....are lighter in weight then the SS 1.5 wands....and there is some real good lighter weight 2 inch hose...

Well maybe I'll try um at Mikey's fest, but for now I'll stick to my old wands. I always liked straight wands, S bends don't feel natural to me.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mikey P said:

a racist AND a hack.. imagine that.

Total package shiteatinggrin I'll say this, My custys love me, and for what I charge they get a great job. But you guys can talk all the shit you want with the prices you charge you’d be out of business up here.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:

Yup! I believe Jim is right- saying just about every one around here pushes a 2" wand.

My greenhorn doesn't feel heavy either...

A whip line and a 1.5" wand is for kids... oh and hacks! shiteatinggrin

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3tnhbo2z]just about everyone here pushes a big ass 2 inch wand with the 2 inch hose........Ti wands....( the real ones..not the cheap knock offs ).....are lighter in weight then the SS 1.5 wands....and there is some real good lighter weight 2 inch hose...

Yup! I believe Jim is right- saying just about every one around here pushes a 2" wand.

My greenhorn doesn't feel heavy either...

A whip line and a 1.5" wand is for kids... oh and hacks! shiteatinggrin[/quote:3tnhbo2z]

Some people are way too full of themselves :roll: Get this.. I use a single jet wand :shock: there are plenty of people here that use these type of wands Hydrahoe ect.. Most just won't say because of people like you and Mike so on.. Also 2.5 hose does not make much difference on residential carpet, when you're running 100ft and under.

Able 1

Name
Keith
everfresh1 said:
Also 2.5 hose does not make much difference on residential carpet, when you're running 100ft and under.

And how would YOU know?

This coming from a guy the uses a 1.5 wand.. :roll: You really need to pull you head out of your ass!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mikey P said:
single jet...

loss of heat, big ass head makes you move too much furniture /no thanks.

People like what they like. Loss of heat? a little.. So what with the kind of heat most of us run it aint gonna make much differance 4 to 6 jets 20 flow over kill if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom