Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I've been driving my Econoline for the past week while waiting for a replacement pto for the V to arrive.

Ticket sales went down the day I jumped back into the Ford.

so did your expenses....

I hope you can make it up thru increased production using that money pit machine...er...I mean money making machine

single wanding you sure as hell won't.
add the costs or repairs and maintenance, and you're probably losing money

..L.T.A.

Ryan

meAt said:
I've been driving my Econoline for the past week while waiting for a replacement pto for the V to arrive.

Ticket sales went down the day I jumped back into the Ford.

so did your expenses....

I hope you can make it up thru increased production using that money pit machine...er...I mean money making machine

single wanding you sure as hell won't.
add the costs or repairs and maintenance, and you're probably losing money

..L.T.A.

I thought he gave like 6k for his vortex.. and put about that into it to get it running? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Wouldn't that be cheaper to run then a new prochem? You can fly through jobs with 'em compared too a slide in (I used too! lol)

Ryan

Mikey P said:
96a39c63.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Is this Shawn York?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
it appears yorkie has backed down, that is really too bad, I was hoping to log on and find some fireworks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ryan said:
I thought he gave like 6k for his vortex.. and put about that into it to get it running? or maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Wouldn't that be cheaper to run then a new prochem? You can fly through jobs with 'em compared too a slide in (I used too! lol)

The cost of repairs and upkeep is what's going to hurt him, Ryan.
Not just the TM, but the chassis too are expensive to repair

..L.T.A.

Name
George Valliant
I paid $8k for the bitch... its a 1999 and had 105k on the odometer and 5000 hours. Its fuel usage is on par with my Thermalwave running in dual wand.

So far, major repairs include the E1 heat exchanger and the PTO. Figure about $4k for the pair.

Heat? The Thermalwave is more consistant. But, with the 280 gallon fresh/waste tanks the big truck saves a lot of time.

Mikey sure did take the gloves off with Shawn. I agree Vortex manufacturers have been many. But Mikey, of all people, knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed the dotted line.

Now, to go back and accuse Shawn of making up false corporate identies is a low blow. And, its chickenshit!

Mikey P

Administrator
Really George?

Where were you in 04?

What makes you think I knew "exactly what I was getting into"

There was no MB in 04, Shawn York was the mysterious figure with a hot girl friend who showed up on the Boards just once in a while to swap quips with some drooling pig farmer about free taco bell lunches.

Shawn had pictures up of the Aerotech facility on his site. When I signed that dotted line I had no idea Vortex was in a relationship with a manufacture that hated his guts.

and soon to be in another.

and another.

get you f'n facts straight before you accuse me of anything Fool.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Shawn had pictures up of the Aerotech facility on his site. When I signed that dotted line I had no idea Vortex was in a relationship with a manufacture that hated his guts.

Now, to go back and accuse Shawn of making up false corporate identies is a low blow. And, its chickenshit!

Sorry George..but I have the exact same experience......It was set to look like more then it really was.........when I had my first break down and started making phone calls I knew from that moment on I was on my own...............

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
There was no MB in 04, Shawn York was the mysterious figure with a hot girl friend who showed up on the Boards just once in a while to swap quips with some drooling pig farmer about free taco bell lunches.

thats some funny shit right there,

mikey yorkie just laid down the gauntlet in the other thread, he has fired a shot at you, will you respond in kind. I must admit yorkie does make some good points.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Might be time to get a Recoil Mikey :wink: Did you get the Taco Bell feeding? Does Taco Bell serve vegan?

SnakeOilGirl2.jpg

days.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence
Mikey,
I thought you were banned from ICS for gloating on endlessly about how GREAT your Vortex was and how anyone with out a V was a hack. I did a search there and I think they may have deleted all your posts. So were you or were you not bragging on your V a lot and I mean a lot? That's my recollection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Steve

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Steve Lawrence said:
Mikey,
I thought you were banned from ICS for gloating on endlessly about how GREAT your Vortex was and how anyone with out a V was a hack. I did a search there and I think they may have deleted all your posts. So were you or were you not bragging on your V a lot and I mean a lot? That's my recollection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Steve

That was last week..... :roll:
Gotta love these soap operas :!:
But there is a strange odour coming from Denmark......

I paid $8k for the bitch... its a 1999 and had 105k on the odometer and 5000 hours. Its fuel usage is on par with my Thermalwave running in dual wand.

So far, major repairs include the E1 heat exchanger and the PTO. Figure about $4k for the pair.

Heat? The Thermalwave is more consistant. But, with the 280 gallon fresh/waste tanks the big truck saves a lot of time.

Mikey sure did take the gloves off with Shawn. I agree Vortex manufacturers have been many. But Mikey, of all people, knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed the dotted line.

Gerorge I was going to comment a few weeks back when you were saying all the time how the V made you more productive, more money, was more powerful etc., but you were posting like every other day with problems you were encountering.

Would you buy the machine again, or do you wish you would have bought a new prochem/judson or similar simple machine? The prochem isn't simple but the support is the best in the industry and that is why I like my prochem machines. To me image is more important than performance. Are you happy with the image of your used truck?

Name
George Valliant
Mikey, I like you so please don't make me open this can. Besides, I don't have time today cuz I'z got'z to install a new PTO into the Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it! Now that your in love with your latest fling (Judson) you've decided to throw your previous lover under the bus. How much longer until you do the same to Les?

whoopass.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Steve Lawrence said:
Mikey,
Steve

I think after the whole prank episode mikey is finally starting to realize a few things, one of those is he was blinded and charmed by yorkie, he had a glimse of reality after yorkie tried to screw him on a heat exhanger. but yorkie's charm still had pull, Its ok I will be mikeys friend.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I’m not sure where mikey is going with this it sounds more like a personal grudge.

I meet Shawn at a CAD day in Portland the first thing that struck me was his car salesman type personality. I don’t know Shawn well at all but he was easy enough to figure out. Is he a liar? he's certainly not the first or only person in this industry to exaggerate, hype, overstate, work in the murky subjective grey areas of "truth" & "reality", counter a negative moment with a positive over stamen ect,ect,ect, I’ve spent 20+ years in the oriental rug business and he’s not the first or best I’ve meet . My interaction with Shawn led me put the brakes on buying one and I decided to fly to connections and see the AT unit and make a decision there. Prior to Vegas Blueline acquired vortex ultimately my vortex decision was based on blueline & the layout of the truck NOT Shawn York or his salesmanship not sure i can blame Shawn for that..?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Am I right or wrong?????????? Shawn doesn't even own vortex any more right? So why the hell does he care about vortex? He shouldnt it's not his any more... Just so that you all know........ I called saphire or whomever last week to get a price on a vortex....... I was told........... All orders are on hold right now, because we are not sure if we are going to continue to build them.. This came from a low level sales woman. So who knows.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
joeynbgky said:
Am I right or wrong?????????? Shawn doesn't even own vortex any more right? So why the hell does he care about vortex? He shouldnt it's not his any more... Just so that you all know........ I called saphire or whomever last week to get a price on a vortex....... I was told........... All orders are on hold right now, because we are not sure if we are going to continue to build them.. This came from a low level sales woman. So who knows.

MAN THE LIFEBOATS!!! SHE"S GOING UNDER!!!

sinking.jpg

-JB-

Name
JB
I met a guy on a plane that designed control panels for amusement parks and airports. I asked him what the best manufacturers of switches are in the world. He said Allen Bradley by far. I do not regret my decision to use Allen Bradley switches.

Is this the Vortex R&D department?

United Airlines, row 14 seat D. :roll:

sounds like it was all well researched

... that reminds me a "The worlds greatest carpet cleaning machine" manufacturer w/a monkey on his back, a guy that designs control panels for amusement parks, and a Priest walk into a bar...

Ron K

Almost everyone drinks the kool-aid I drink mine on the 20th of every month.

Mikey, I like you so please don't make me open this can. Besides, I don't have time today cuz I'z got'z to install a new PTO into the Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it! Now that your in love with your latest fling (Judson) you've decided to throw your previous lover under the bus. How much longer until you do the same to Les?

whoopass.jpg

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GREE8GdRrcx]

steve g

Name
steve garrett
joeynbgky said:

yeah you are right, but yorkie gets a royalty for every unit sold, if no units are sold no more money for shawn. legends brands has shown they really would like to shed the vortex brand and not offer a big truck at all. bill bruders at legends claims this is bullshit, but actions speak otherwise, it appears to me they are offering just enough support so they keep from looking really bad or to keep shawn from sueing them. they will likely offer some technical support for past units, and slowly back themselves out of the vortex brand. Legends brands was bought by an investment group, why do investment groups buy businesses??? do you think they like running businesses, hell no, they do just enough to pimp the brand for maximum profit come sale time. its like an investor trying to flip a house, do they give a shit if everything is done perfectly, no they make it look pretty and leave the new buyer holding the bag when the paint starts to peel.

the only thing that can save vortex is if legends some how figures out a way to do something with it to make money, selling one or 2 units a month is a PIA for them. they are saying F it. this is the truth some of you may not be able to handle it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I know all the local supply companies use to bad mouth the V until they were able to sale them

I sometimes have buyer remorse but the machine has been more reliable than any other TM I have owned

I would think owners are just as pissed about the hose reel joints cracking

I remember being sold on the machine, by blueline, because all the problems of passed machine designs had been addressed with the model I was purchasing

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"How many Vortex owners do you know of who wish they have NEVER bought one in the first place? "

I've asked before, how many bought another V after their lease was up?
I'm not referring to multi V's in the barn.
How many V owners bought another V when it was time to replace their first one ??

IMO, that's much better indicator of a happy owner

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
meAt said:
"How many Vortex owners do you know of who wish they have NEVER bought one in the first place? "

I've asked before, how many bought another V after their lease was up?
I'm not referring to multi V's in the barn.
How many V owners bought another V when it was time to replace their first one ??

IMO, that's much better indicator of a happy owner

..L.T.A.

not many that I know of, the few I do know of bought an aerotech, scott mckay, wizard, rampage, there is 3 right there and all of them went with an aerotech after first owning a vortex and as far as I know are happy with their machines.

Mikey P

Administrator
Where am I going with this?

Shawn wanted to know why I am no longer willing to toot his and his machine's horn.

He wanted me to do this on;line, he pretty much begged me to actually.

So here we are.

and despite everything said, the Vortex does kick ass over any machine I've ever used.

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, no shit, it died today due to a short in the panel wire harness.

Fifty thousand f'n wires all wadded together and wrapped in electric tape.

Guess what I'll be wasting my Sunday doing?

Thanks Shawn York for selling me a Beta unit!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom