Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe you don't see it as a problem that Shawn lied about the size and stability of his company since you don't own one Fred.

You live next door to Butler so I can see how it would be hard for you to imagine the position I and "650" Vortex owners are now in.

F

FB7777

its not as if I wish the mis-fortune of V owners... but its been my position on Carpet cleaning machinery that it is important to go with equipment that has a long track record

When you purchased your V , the company was around 5 years old?

and which number builder was he using at that point?

and then for about 5 years of your V experience, you dogged every other truckmount manufacturer out there

including Butler ( which if you put in a Box and had a Judson mounted in there as well you would have the same productivity capability at less cost than the V )

and both Judson and Butler are kinda known for their longevity, both in performance and years in business.

The future of the big truck like AT and V is dead, no need to hang York for the reality of the situation

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bawb- I have sold close to a hundred "used" Butlers and all the one's I know of have no problem getting parts from Butler- though almost none are needed as they almost all able to be bought from other local sources. The only time I have heard (don't even know if that is true) that someone has had a problem is if they used some schlock mechanic to take a butler out of a van and put into another. This is verboden and I have no problem with them sticking to their guns and not supporting that (if they don't).

There are lots of great machines out there, we choose to use Butlers and find them to be a great system for us.

Ken

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Bawb- I have sold close to a hundred "used" Butlers and all the one's I know of have no problem getting parts from Butler- though almost none are needed as they almost all able to be bought from other local sources. The only time I have heard (don't even know if that is true) that someone has had a problem is if they used some schlock mechanic to take a butler out of a van and put into another. This is verboden and I have no problem with them sticking to their guns and not supporting that (if they don't).

There are lots of great machines out there, we choose to use Butlers and find them to be a great system for us.

Ken
that being sED Ken...there really aren't any other Direct drive TM's out there ...worth a damn!
Butlers ARE good machines....but the Steam Genie concept was WAY WAY beTter!
Butlers Achilles Heel...so to speak is the cat pump....if they switched to the Hydra Cell they'd be the cats ass...plus to many limit switches and solenoids.
Steam Genies are way more "field" friendly!

F

FB7777

hey spicoli, you know Genies are being manufactured NEW anymore doncha?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have no problems with our cat pumps Bob, and to me knowledge not a big issue with the limit switches & solenoids. Periodic replacements yes, but not requiring field mechanics.

What does that being said mean? I refute your comments and you bring something else up, what's with that? We ran steam genie's for years Bob, I personally cut my teeth on a gnie1 for 4 years. I have no reason to put them or any other machine down. Your reason smells of conflict of interest.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
We have no problems with our cat pumps Bob, and to me knowledge not a big issue with the limit switches & solenoids. Periodic replacements yes, but not requiring field mechanics.

What does that being said mean? I refute your comments and you bring something else up, what's with that? We ran steam genie's for years Bob, I personally cut my teeth on a gnie1 for 4 years. I have no reason to put them or any other machine down. Your reason smells of conflict of interest.
sorry Ken..i thought yous was up to speed on this thread.....it WAS about propritary parts on a machine that makes it hard or impossible to run.........
now i KNOW that Butler would hep me out SQUAT on that Butler that came wit the GENIE i bought......sadly THAT would make them a yorkie to me.......

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I was totally up to speed on this thread, just did't understand your comment back after I replied to you. I assume that it meant that you agree with me and were overstating your position originally, but I wanted to hear that from you not just assume it.

I don't know if Butler would support you or sell you parts for your "out of the van system", but why would you need support when almost everything is avail to you cheaper elsewhere? Have you called and asked for support? Want me to call and ask for you? I could probably have them put any parts you need into on of the new units I'm getting and save you the shipping costs.

Let me know,
Ken

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
fred boyle said:
hey spicoli, you know Genies are being manufactured NEW anymore doncha?

Hey i'm free and do not care about the stresses of CC, and simply having a good time..
got my free Obama house...
and YOU are supporting me...thanks Mr Hand!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
I was totally up to speed on this thread, just did't understand your comment back after I replied to you. I assume that it meant that you agree with me and were overstating your position originally, but I wanted to hear that from you not just assume it.

I don't know if Butler would support you or sell you parts for your "out of the van system", but why would you need support when almost everything is avail to you cheaper elsewhere? Have you called and asked for support? Want me to call and ask for you? I could probably have them put any parts you need into on of the new units I'm getting and save you the shipping costs.

Let me know,
Ken
JHC....Ken......i was jus busting yor balls a little to see how you roll.......
PLUS getting FREE PLAY on my brand new Steam Genies that i got coming up for sale.......relax
but you BETTER let Crash do the ghetto...
them little ol' ladys would beat yor ass.......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:

Let me know,
Ken
seriously..the roots blower on that Butler was SPECIAL MACHINED for that tensioner system

proprietary part?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Hey Fred, When you have been around as long as some of the "seniors" on the board, we might start to listen. It always easy to be an armchair quarterback. :wink:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
butler refuses to solve the same ole problem they have always had, which precludes me from ever even thinking they are an option, THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE VAN, why in the world can they not have the console mounted on top of the fresh or waste tank, have the tank mount right behind the seats then just put the console on top of it. that would save a ton of room as the space above it is wasted. PTO machines don't need to take up the entire area of the vehicle.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
steve g said:
butler refuses to solve the same ole problem they have always had, which precludes me from ever even thinking they are an option, THERE IS NO ROOM IN THE VAN, why in the world can they not have the console mounted on top of the fresh or waste tank, have the tank mount right behind the seats then just put the console on top of it. that would save a ton of room as the space above it is wasted. PTO machines don't need to take up the entire area of the vehicle.
YA...that too!

F

FB7777

ronbeatty said:
Hey Fred, When you have been around as long as some of the "seniors" on the board, we might start to listen. It always easy to be an armchair quarterback. :wink:

22 years in the trenches here ... when do I get my AARP broken down carpet cleaner card? :mrgreen:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ken, typically how much $$ does it take for you to get the butler in good enough shape to get 60% of original price

I was buying a TM every couple of years. Always wanted the newer/bigger machine. With cost of TM starting to rise, it just made sense to me to purchase a V. I was gonna end up spending the money on TMs eventually. I needed a new van. Wanted more room in the box. New cargo truck and bigger slide in was gonna cost me $60,000. $85,000 really didn't seem like that much more.

bonesheal

steve g said:

I second that. It's also a little awkward taking the hood off the unit. On the other hand, whenever someone checks out the van they're impressed with the looks of the inside.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Cool Bob

We have prob replaced two blowers in 26 years and 100+ Butler units, and those were our fault. No relevance on that one imo.

I been going to worse parts of the Pontiac hood than even you probably clean in for a long time Bob. That is where I do animal rescue/care work. I also use to hang out there in the 70's and know the streets pretty well. Pontiac is fine as long as like in any city you are there with a ppurpose and hae the right attitude~ obviously I don;t wear swishy pants ansd a fanny pack there.

Steve~ we probably put it about 40-60 hours of labor and anywhere from $200-$1000 in parts to mint them out. Call it between $1200-$1500 per.
Ken

hogjowl

Idiot™
For the life of me, I can't figure out what Mikey's real problem is. He's known for years all this information about Shawn. None of this is new. All this "concern" over the V only started of late and none of it has anything to do with Shawn. If Bruders won't support or continue to build the Vortex then that's their problem. Not Shawn's. As a V owner, I don't see the reason for all this drama. Personally, I think this is just another case of Mikey having a personal issue and using this board to attempt to make it a universal issue. Even if all Vortex support was pulled from me today, it wouldn't have any effect on me. Aerotec is still there and Ted is still available for parts and advice.

Carry on ... but be aware it's getting a bit boring.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, how many sheep did Mike lead to slaughter before he had his revelation? Every time I ponder this debate all I see is dollar signs. It would make a biiger difference if Mike hadn't touted the Vortex the way he did.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Mike is feeling effects similar to the post-Bhagwan Rajneeshis when they found out their leader was just making them wear red pants as a joke.

I believe acceptance is the next step.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mikey's real problem is he sees the writing on the wall, truthfully I don't think you can depend on aerotech making machines and having parts indefinably. blueline is done with vortex, everyone knows it, heck shawn is starting an arbitration case with them, even he thinks it. so where does that leave mikey with his vortex..................in one year.................2 years.................3 years from now?? lets keep in mind mikey actually goes out and cleans for a living and uses real prespary, he isn't a bob vawter who has nothing better to do than rebuild broke dick machines. Mikey is seeing 10's of thousands of $$$$$$ go away in maybe finding parts, maybe finding someone to work on the machine and in the end maybe being able to sell the unit for something in the end. This are all legitimate concerns and its easy to see how even 2 years ago these issues were not going to be problems. if you had a machine you built your reputation behind only to have it go south because the guy who sold the machine is a marketer and salesman rather than a full line manufacturer after being lead to believe otherwise. Honestly if I was mikey I would be even more pissed.

shawn, seriously give up on vortex, accept the things you are not and learn a lesson, concentrate on what you do well. I think if you applied the things you learned with vortex to another field you would be alot more successful. besides we are all a bunch of broke dick carpet cleaners with no money.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dollar signs for who Doug?

me?

You have to be kidding.
You think Sahwn ever paid me a sent for any trucks he credited me for selling? Shit, I had to threaten to cut his throat before he replaced a faulty HX for me.

As for Marty's pre sale comments about his truck (and Vortex experience) that he wants to get rid of and should never have bought, stfu dude. We won't hear anything honest out of you until you unload that thing.

As for any personal issues I have with Shawn, non of them would keep me from referring a Vortex to the right company IF they were built by a company that would be around in five years so the owner does not have to go through what I am now.

When I bought mine and promoted the Vortex company I had faith in FMI to stick with Shawn. When Shawn was forced to go back to AT my support faltered but get perked up again when Blueline bought the project.
Little did I know or could have I have imagined how bad they would **** up the truck I fell in love with.

Mikey P

Administrator
Even if all Vortex support was pulled from me today, it wouldn't have any effect on me. Aerotec is still there and Ted is still available for parts and advice

If I were Jim Martin I would add you to my blocked callers list for that comment.

AT did not have a RPM switch Marty.
But Jim spent hours pulling his off and finding me one.

How many times has Jim and this board saved your ass Marty?

Have you noticed the Vortex owners room? How about the 40% off on parts?

What else can I do for you and your ungrateful pal Shawn York?

I've done everything I can to keep his baby in diapers and all I get is "what have I ever done to you? why do you hate me, why don't you have faith in me?

Name
George Valliant
Doug Cox said:
Man - Can I sympathize with V owners on this topic.

My Vortex has the best support in the world!

Blueline and AeroTech.

Both have been extremely helpful, and kind, in helping me troubleshoot recent pto problems... I couldn't ask for better support in my wildest dreams!!! Then add Mikeysboard to the equation and you're good to go!

Scott, no it was kevin, at blueline even gave me the part # so i could shop around for the best deal on a replacement.

Kuddo's to Bill Bruders and Legend Brands!!! (and AeroTech).

So what's the problem with Vortex support again? I can't remember?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i never buy anything i can't fix myself. i don't like to depend on anybody but myself. the problem with the vortex i looked at was the complicated heating system and all the switches and gizmos to make it run. it really could be a simple machine box truck, with a pto, drive shaft, big ass blower , cat pump, diesel burner. you don't need fancy switches to engage a pto, just a cable and look at the trucks rpm gauge. a couple of gauges for pressure, heat, and lift.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GeneMiller said:
i never buy anything i can't fix myself. i don't like to depend on anybody but myself. the problem with the vortex i looked at was the complicated heating system and all the switches and gizmos to make it run. it really could be a simple machine box truck, with a pto, drive shaft, big ass blower , cat pump, diesel burner. you don't need fancy switches to engage a pto, just a cable and look at the trucks rpm gauge. a couple of gauges for pressure, heat, and lift.

gene

OR have a bad ass mechanic that can damn near fix anything....I GOT ONE!!!

and yes ifn i had the money to get one....the proprietery crap would be stripped and made simple

Oh and i had a pretty good chat with the 1st people shawn dealt with in building these...not many nice things to say, or not say as the case may be :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom