does S&G leave soil attracting residue?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Just wondering.

I've noticed some of my commercial accounts resoiling faster than usual.

Could be others factors like, busy time of the year and not running four to the door.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Nope.

Still using the soft clearwater rince I always been using.

The only difference is I switched from powermax to S&G and been lazy about running four to the door.

Switching back to four to the door now and see if the carpets stay clean longer.

Besides, its summertime and much higher volumes of foot traffic too.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
George, I run into this issue every year around June and continues till about October. I have deducted that the quicker resoil is from the asphalt coating of the parking lots (some are worse than others). I have one customer that cleans up nicely Oct through May then looks like crap during the summer. I also see the tile floors getting dirtier and I believe the closing kitchen staffs are Ina bigger hurry to get out so not doing as good a job on kitchen floors.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Be interesting to see if you cleaned an area that gets high traffic, half with S&G and half with the other and see if there is any difference in re-soiling.
That will definitely answer the question.

When I used to do clear water rinse (many moons ago) I noticed that some pre-sprays would not rinse out as well as others with just water (like Prochem's Ultrapack. Sorry Larry eat yor heart out Werner , it's not personal.)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My question is why is the question about slop and gobble when you changed how you do things?

How about Does 4-to the door make this much of a difference?

Or maybe go back to your usual technique and then evaluate the chems?

> I know some think I am over kill by 4 to the door, 175 prescrub, rinse and then wand again to dry but I never get complaints but I would change 2 things at once.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm just wondering how such a small dilution ratio could contribute to resoiling. If mixed according to instructions, 1 scoop per gallon.......there can't be much residue in the mix. Now, I always use a rinse.....Procyon.....because the pre-spray sometimes needs a little help to rinse it out of the carpet. And procyon is basically......salt.

Name
Nate W.
rwcarpet said:
I'm just wondering how such a small dilution ratio could contribute to resoiling. If mixed according to instructions, 1 scoop per gallon.......there can't be much residue in the mix. Now, I always use a rinse.....Procyon.....because the pre-spray sometimes needs a little help to rinse it out of the carpet. And procyon is basically......salt.

How do you use a rinse when you used the mytee airhog, rv360i with the water connected to the faucet? I'm just curious cuz it's got me puzzled...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Nate The Great said:
rwcarpet said:

How do you use a rinse when you used the mytee airhog, rv360i with the water connected to the faucet? I'm just curious cuz it's got me puzzled...

i think you have R-Dubya confused with Art Kelly , Nate
R-Dub runs a Genesis TM

..l.T.A.

Fred H

take some slop and gobble and let it dry on a dish and see what it turns into. do the vacaway pepper test.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nate The Great said:
rwcarpet said:

Sorry, Nate....I don't even know what a Mighty Airhog is, I think I've seen an rv360 once........and i hook up to the outside spigot to feed my Genesis 59 fire breather!

Name
Nate W.
rwcarpet said:
Nate The Great said:
rwcarpet said:

Sorry, Nate....I don't even know what a Mighty Airhog is, I think I've seen an rv360 once........and i hook up to the outside spigot to feed my Genesis 59 fire breather!

Sh!t, I stand corrected... My bad Robert... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Thanks Larry!

dday

George III said:
...The only difference is I switched from powermax to S&G ...

I have had two jars of S&G, and I'll tell you what ... I ain't leaving Powermax for that stuff ever. I have had no luck getting it to work for me whatsoever.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dday said:
George III said:
...The only difference is I switched from powermax to S&G ...

I have had two jars of S&G, and I'll tell you what ... I ain't leaving Powermax for that stuff ever. I have had no luck getting it to work for me whatsoever.

what were you mixing it at, Dave ?
The dilution rate suggested (a thimble full pr gal) is WAY too low ..and Cobb's (half a jar pr gal :lol: ) is WAY too high

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ruff Hewn said:
dday said:
[quote="George III":355d0jnb]...The only difference is I switched from powermax to S&G ...

The dilution rate suggested (a thimble full pr gal) is WAY too low ..and Cobb's (half a jar pr gal :lol: ) is WAY too high

..L.T.A.[/quote:355d0jnb]

yup...

about 1-1.5 a gallon is good on S&G....

and 2-4 is good for Cobbs......up to 8 if its nasty..

these are per gallon

or i put 10oz in a hydro of S&G

or around 20-30 of cobbs...

Most times i am just adding to what is in there, so i cut it back depending on how full my jug is

dday

Ruff Hewn said:
dday said:
[quote="George III":zdggwdch]...The only difference is I switched from powermax to S&G ...

..L.T.A.[/quote:zdggwdch]

I went as high as 4oz/gallon on S&G, which is the strongest I ever mix Powermax. While It was better than plain water, I found the results shockingly inferior, especially based upon what I have read here and elsewhere.

To be fair, I seem to remember a number of folks saying they had great results with SS's Fission, but I found it wasn't worth the free shipping. On the otherhand, SS's Versaclean works really well for me, and I continue to use it on certain applications. But hands down, Powermax has been a real workhorse for me. Another pre-spray that has never let me down is Duane's Clean Streak.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks, David for your evaluation.

4oz./Gallon of PowerMax should be plenty for a TM with good heat.

We do have other powder prespray/emulsifiers with even lower residue.

Larry

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Larry when did you change the dilution ratio..

IMG_5754.jpg

Is it 2oz to 4oz NOW...or 8oz..... :?:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Leslie Judson Jones said:
Slop and Gobble does not leave soil attracting residue.

IMG_0420.jpg

That's all I needed to hear.

Thanks Mr Jones! J/K

Btw, that's a great picture.

K P

All I know is I won some of this S&G about a month or more ago....still waiting for it to show.I can truely give a real opinion between the two,because unlike most of you here..I have no emotional ties.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I also have a commercial carpet I used S and G last time and it seems to have resoiled quickly. I'm going to cut back on the dilution to see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom