Doesn't anyone get work off details on personal vehicle?

Name
Lyon
Since I'm not wrapping my whole van, I was thinking I could put the money I save into advertising on my Nissan.

Becker

Name
Becker
Never had interest putting my business name on my personal cars. I like separation. Or maybe I just like having a personal life.

We've got no room for boring.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We always get calls saying, "we seen your number on the truck". The weird thing is people call saying we heard you on the radio, but we don't advertise on the radio. I'm thinking when they are driving around and may see the truck, later on when they call, they think they heard it on the radio. It's always been a mystery to me.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Another good idea for what to add to the truck/van is the BBB logo if your an accredited business. Quite a few people have asked us about that.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
It could sit in parking lots outside more expensive stores getting you business. Slap a few magnets on that bad boy.

Reactions: jcooper

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
My thoughts on the personal vehicle. If you are not driving around in something that looks like you are successful I would pass. Think about realtors whether they sell or not they all drive nice cars. Who wants to take advice from a guy in a 10 year old car wrapped with his logo.
Some models just could not be wrapped for enough impact.

I just told my wife we have to change up her car next year it is getting dated and when we go to upscale referral events it is not the car to be pulling up in.

Just my opinion others may think that is nuts.

There is looking like you are too expensive because of what you drive.

Last edited:

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Agree. Magnets look cheap on vehicles. I usually see them on the pool cleaning guys trucks all the time driving around. When we first got our truck we had magnets on it for a few weeks and then had it wrapped. Wouldn't do it any other way.

Why not pull up in the work truck to the referral events? Free advertising having it there in the parking lot. Unless the truck/van whatever has problems itself...

Becker

Name
Becker
It could sit in parking lots outside more expensive stores getting you business. Slap a few magnets on that bad boy.

Why not the individual peeling stick letters?

Ugh magnet sign. I had a pair back when I was a portable guy at 18.

We've got no room for boring.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'm 26 and when we started out July 2013. When we started out had little to work with so magnets had to work. Movin' up in the world I guess.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Now we are doing a little over 1,600 homes a year with 2 trucks, both professionally wrapped of course.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We got very lucky! The guys who I started the business with previously worked for another company. There clients followed them to us, I worked my butt off on SEO the first few months and got us to the first page of google, and then the almighty Facebook has blown us up. We have about 4,000 likes all from our service area, Las Vegas and Henderson, so we promote quite a bit on there.

Also the other methods of door hangers and all that BS.. We just went full blown and then we just started working off referrals and didn't have to do much advertising anymore. We are also in Vegas and Henderson where there is over 2 million people, I'll be impressed when we make it to 10,000 houses.

Or be like that guy in Virginia that is suing yelp and do 29,000 houses a year lol

Reactions: Moser Brothers

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
The cool thing with the pick up trucks is we don't have to get searched when going onto the Nellis Airforce Base. We do alot of jobs out there especially when PCS season hits and people are being deployed or moving off base. Vans always have to be searched and search takes about 45 minutes and then you have to have the person whos home your cleaning come meet you at the gate and that takes another 10 minutes. So close to an hour just to get on base for the guys that are using vans.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My wifes mom had a good point about this... Lets say you are running an estimate.

How does the lady in the house know who you are?

Any vehicle showing up at a custys house should have something on it, magnets or whatever.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Very true! We do confirmation text messages the day before and I was thinking of including the pictures of the techs that would be coming out to the house. If we are parked in the driveway they can't see our truck, of course we all have on the logo'd polos but still.. kinda reminds me of one of those auto tech places I seen on TV that sends you an email w/the tech that will be coming to your house to pick up your car.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The cool thing with the pick up trucks is we don't have to get searched when going onto the Nellis Airforce Base. We do alot of jobs out there especially when PCS season hits and people are being deployed or moving off base. Vans always have to be searched and search takes about 45 minutes and then you have to have the person whos home your cleaning come meet you at the gate and that takes another 10 minutes. So close to an hour just to get on base for the guys that are using vans.
They have to do background check here too, besides the vehicles. And it does take 30-45 minutes waiting, EVEN in an emergency. :eekk:

3-floors flooded and we're at the gate waiting.....and some of us don't need a tan, we have one. :winky:

8bacf8be-2138-4c5d-a69e-fe25ab5fb86f_zpsf583cb27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
People notice van's more than the normal automobile gets their attention.

Your VAN is a moving billboard on wheels. Since you are in the Service Business, I believe it is imperative to label it up. remember, after the initial cost (of a wrap for ex.) it becomes a freebie after that.

best always;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
That sounds awesome. How about sharing what your secret is?

2 years 2 trucks and averaging 4 jobs per day per truck 50 weeks a year is amazing. I am assuming you are taking 2 weeks vacation at least. Working only 5 days per week.

Just assuming
If your average was $225 you are doing $360,000 in your second year and running truck's at $180,000 each annual. There are lots of guys on this board that could use your help.

Can you break down some of what you are doing? I know the warm weather helps. What else are you doing?

We didn't do that in our second year. That is amazing!

Now we are doing a little over 1,600 homes a year with 2 trucks, both professionally wrapped of course.

Name
Lyon
That sounds awesome. How about sharing what your secret is?

2 years 2 trucks and averaging 4 jobs per day per truck 50 weeks a year is amazing. I am assuming you are taking 2 weeks vacation at least. Working only 5 days per week.

Just assuming
If your average was $225 you are doing $360,000 in your second year and running truck's at $180,000 each annual. There are lots of guys on this board that could use your help.

Can you break down some of what you are doing? I know the warm weather helps. What else are you doing?

We didn't do that in our second year. That is amazing!

I've heard cleaning with a Host machine is very slow. He's got 3,932 likes and 141 people talking about on Facebook!!

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm not big on personal cars with logo's, we've done it with Prius's but the Transits have worked out better even they don't get as good MPG.

I had one of my supervisors send me a picture from an event at the Expo Center here last month. There were two independent and two franchise cars, with door logo's representing restoration companies from around the state.

It can be done and I'm sure it would help with brand recognition but will it bring you work???

The other thing with a personal car is you have to consider the places you frequent (not saying YOU frequent them). Clubs, liquor stores, titty bars, etc...

:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom