Doug Cox Genesis Photos

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doug....here's the genesis photos you asked about. Not bad for 8 years old.

gen2.jpg

gen1.jpg

gen4.jpg

gen3.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
What year is that machine, Robert? I'll try to take a few of mine and show you what it looks like. Mines an '05 with over 6700 hours on it.

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

P6200001.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doug Cox said:
What year is that machine, Robert? I'll try to take a few of mine and show you what it looks like. Mines an '05 with over 6700 hours on it.

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

P6200001.jpg

Mine's an 03....the last of the Ford carberated engines. They went to FI after that. You defineatly keep a clean machine. Mine has some rust on the frame in places, and I will probably pull it out and upgrade a bit with paint and parts when I either buy a new unit or re-install my Powermatic.

Where did the cooling fans come from? I've got one big one that I removed when the weather cooled.

RW

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I had the frame welded up and I get the 14" fans from North Coast Performance. The same company sells them on ebay.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nice and clean indeed Doug, good on ya.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i didn't think he was trying to impress us.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
rwcarpet said:
Doug....here's the genesis photos you asked about. Not bad for 8 years old.

gen2.jpg

gen1.jpg

gen4.jpg

gen3.jpg

That is just ridiculous. Not impressed at all.

Hey, no excuses from me. It run's well and serves it's purpose. My custys don't do an inspection of the inside of my truck. If I was younger, I might wipe it down everyday, but it get's all the maintenance that it needs. Now, if I lived in a warmer state, it might look nicer. It's a bitch when drives and yards are snow covered and muddy. It's a challenge just to keep the hoses clean everyday.

Well, I'm not trying to impress you, Daniel. I'm sure your truck's a lot prettier. That's 8 years of daily use. Been doing this for over 34 years quite successfully. Come back in 20 years and tell me if your still out there spit polishing your machine. The rust is from the friggin road salt in Ohio, plus the water softener is located directly above the rust....occationally spilling some of the brine water in the truck. I pack a little too much stuff in the van.

I'll fix the rust in the spring, after Ohio has completely brined the roads with salt and brine solution. The State likes to "pre-brine" the roads with liquid brine from tanker trucks just before a snowfall.

Post a few of your's. I'd like to see the Everest.

K P

I have seen alot worse Robert, and I understand after alot of years you get a little less anal.That being said,5 min. at the end of each day and the appearence would be much better.

Name
Lee Stockwell
At our age, five minutes at the end of the day is the worst time to deal with it. Last job of the day all I care is that everything is "in there...somehow".

I do it in the morning.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Lee Stockwell said:
At our age, five minutes at the end of the day is the worst time to deal with it. Last job of the day all I care is that everything is "in there...somehow".

I do it in the morning.

Lee....you're right. I think we should make a list of the oldest cleaners here. We would make the top 10 or 20. I'm right behind you at going on 35 years.

Everytime I want to go to the garage and clean out the truck, I find some excuse not to......

Back
Top Bottom