Drying Agent in Rinse

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The drying agent in Judson's rinse (alcohol per Les) seems to be effective. Does any of it evaporate out of the solution if the rtu jug is left open for a day or two?

A local distributor sells an additive called Dri-Vapor, which is probably mostly isopropyl. In my experience, it leaves carpet stiff and sticky when used per direction. (Judson's rinse does not.)

Anyone ever experiment with adding isopropyl or another drying agent to rinse?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
If you take some soap... add isopropyl in it with water and mix it together. Heat it up for a bit, then let cool off and watch what it does.

Nada. What did it do to you?

Greenie

O2 extraction rinse is concentrated, IPA is not the only magic ingredient to it's acellerated drying.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Nobody's answered my first question: Does it lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Does the drying agent evaporate out of the solution if the rtu jug is left open for awhile?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've used some steamactions emulsifier who had that ingredient and claimed faster drying times. But when I brought this out for discussion YEARS ago I was told it had no influence in the drying time. So my conclusion was all it did was knock down any foaming in the vacuum line thus increasing airflow and percieved faster drying .

I get excellent dry times using Kleenrite's PCX powder which doesn't foam and they advertise faster dry times.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
John La Rue said:
Nobody's answered my first question: Does it lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Does the drying agent evaporate out of the solution if the rtu jug is left open for awhile?

The so-called "drying agents" of which you speak are volatile. So the answer is yes. If it speeds evaporation through it's own volatility, then it follows that itself would readily evaporate from an open container.

Another means to hasten drying in an aqueous solution is with wetting agents. Wetting agents are specialized surfactants that focus on lowering the surface tension of the water mixture, such that it spreads across surfaces more effectively, instead of collecting or beading. As such, the water is afforded a greater surface area for evaporation. As well, the lessened surface tension also lowers some of the cohesion of the water molecules, so that water moves more readily from the liquid surface into a vapor phase.

steve r

but wouldnt the drying agent dry faster than the water?how do drying agents take water with it?

i also wonder if it does help dry faster wouldnt the humidity level in the home also rise faster thus slowing dry times?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom