Drypod

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
did ya not read my post on your CAD post???

i gots to work and lost track of time on when it was :x :x :x :x :x

but as soon as i get off my lazy no paper work filling out ass...and get it filled out to see if i can get my new transportation (back to a truck and trailer) i was going to add a new 360 and maybe a few other toys....but now i am glad i waited....cuz thats ALLLLLL kinds of cheaper then a airpath, and really fits what i want better anyway

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Doug your the boss you can take a couple of hours off and come down. I know how you like freebies and this year we have some good ones and some way cool competitions/games with great prizes.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I received one today, and have to certainly say, this is not even close to an air path replacement. I turned it on and it takes it a few seconds to get up to speed. It is a good little fan for a closet or small bathroom as I believe it's effective range is going to be about a six foot diameter at very low pressure so don't expect it to dry like an air path.

Richard I don't think my plan about using these is going to work. I do however think they would be good as spot dryers for pet treatment areas.

For being made in chine the only thing I didn't like was the on off switch is cheapo in my opinion.

Billy

Name
BH
Ok we used the Dri-Pods on 2 jobs today & we had good results on both jobs.

1st one was Berber Style. The client was very impressed with them & was amazed at how dry her carpet was when we finished.

2nd Was a mix of different pile types. This one had me a little on guard because she was expecting in her words "pretty new looking carpet". The carpet was pretty soiled including pet damage also.

After we finished first room & a synthetic area rug she said that both looked NEW as she expected. Honestly they looked good but not sure about NEW IMO. But the Dri-Pods had all areas dry to moisture meter depth. Now we started using them as soon as first room was done & moved them around the rooms in multiple positions even more than we usually do when using the AirPaths.

We now plan on adding 4 more to truck if a few more jobs go as well as today's. They may not cover as much area but they are so easy to work with & also don't trip breakers so we think they are actually better for our use. Another thing we noticed is more even overall drying.

You can carry two in one hand also easily.

They also left no indentations in carpet.

Working on boat tomorrow so we will use them more next week.

P.S. One of ours had a slightly bent side cage bar which I just gently bent back into place. And they do take a few seconds to get up to speed.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
humm light weight....

ease of moving...

hows about blowing dust bunnies out from under the bed, or behind/under dresser etc???

that was my worry with the airpaths...them boys put out some blow

Billy

Name
BH
floorguy said:
humm light weight....

ease of moving...

hows about blowing dust bunnies out from under the bed, or behind/under dresser etc???

that was my worry with the airpaths...them boys put out some blow

LOL no dust bunnies today although we do vacuum & clean under beds if they are accessible.

We found they just put a light breeze across a 10 x 10 area which wasn't enough to blow papers off desk etc. We moved them around in a overlapping pattern every few minutes for the overall drying.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Edited per Bill B.

The pallet quantities of these fans will not ship to typical distributors until

"sometime in July".

These initial models were "production" units according to Dri-Eaz.

Larry

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Larry Cobb said:
Mikey;

The FIRST production models are not even available yet.

These were pre-production units according to Dri-Eaz.

Larry

Larry not sure who told you they are preproduction units because this is not true. We never sell anything but production units and yes we are sold out right now.

Bill

Billy

Name
BH
Bill Bruders said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":31vnlta3]Mikey;

The FIRST production models are not even available yet.

These were pre-production units according to Dri-Eaz.

Larry

Larry not sure who told you they are preproduction units because this is not true. We never sell anything but production units and yes we are sold out right now.

Bill[/quote:31vnlta3]

Bill Thanks for producing the new Dri-Pods because we believe they will be a good asset for our company so far & plan on purchasing at least 4 more this year.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Although some distributors may not have the Dry Pods at this time, Interlink Supply has plenty. Visit your local Interlink Supply to see them, feel them, tough them and try them out. You can also order on-line at www.interlinksupply.com or by telephone 800 660-5803.

I think JOhn Olsen still has some available as well.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just looked a little closer at them....only thing that would be better...

daisy chain...at only 1.1 amps

Billy

Name
BH
scottw said:
Although some distributors may not have the Dry Pods at this time, Interlink Supply has plenty. Visit your local Interlink Supply to see them, feel them, tough them and try them out. You can also order on-line at http://www.interlinksupply.com or by telephone 800 660-5803.

Scott a few days ago I bought the only two Nashville had. I have been using them on a few different jobs now with good results so we will be adding 4 more soon.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Billy said:
scottw said:
Although some distributors may not have the Dry Pods at this time, Interlink Supply has plenty. Visit your local Interlink Supply to see them, feel them, tough them and try them out. You can also order on-line at http://www.interlinksupply.com or by telephone 800 660-5803.

Scott a few days ago I bought the only two Nashville had. I have been using them on a few different lobs now with good results so we will be adding 4 more soon.
Billy said:
Scott a few days ago I bought the only two Nashville had. I have been using them on a few different lobs now with good results so we will be adding 4 more soon.

Our Salt Lake Warehouse still has a supply. We are refilling Nashville and any other location who has sold out. They are available, but it might be good to be sure any particular location actually has one before you drive over to take a look.

Name
Nate W.
scottw said:
Billy said:
scottw said:

Billy said:

Our Salt Lake Warehouse still has a supply. We are refilling Nashville and any other location who has sold out. They are available, but it might be good to be sure any particular location actually has one before you drive over to take a look.

Our local interlink supplier doesn't have a lot stuff... Guess our markets not big like you guys on the mainland... you make me sick I want to feel and touch them too, without having to buy it, then find out how it works...

I still got those shitty "second gen" airpaths... You know the black ones that has 2 tiny bolts and nuts that hold the handle on... Speaking of which, is it possible to buy a blue housing and transfer over from the "second gen" airpath? I have 4 of them... lmk

Able 1

Name
Keith
Does Interlink ever come up with anything on there own or do they just rip off others ideas? Come on the cuffs, the POS sub-surface extractor, and now the "dry pod"!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Billy

Name
BH
We have been using two on a few jobs now & they are working GREAT!!!

Two Dri=Pods seem to replace one original AirPath IMO so far. Also we are accomplishing all over drying because we can spread them out in a room.

Able 1 said:
Does Interlink ever come up with anything on there own or do they just rip off others ideas? Come on the cuffs, the POS sub-surface extractor, and now the "dry pod"!!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

Interlink is selling the Dri-Eaz Dri_Pods right now so not sure what you are saying about them.

As for other things Interlink is just doing what many Corporations do taking a good idea & putting their spin on it. Of course not everything is better but it does promote competition. As for Cuffs many of us have had issues buying from certain distributors so having an alternative is good. Come to think of it Mytee which is a good company also makes many copies of good ideas.

Now I am a little Biased because I really am not sure where I would be without Bridgepoint & the Hanks Brothers.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Anymore pros & cons on these little guys before I order some? Do they dry directly under them as well as say 6 feet around them pretty fast? I know they say 10 feet around but what's the real deal from actual users?

Billy

Name
BH
Vivers said:
Anymore pros & cons on these little guys before I order some? Do they dry directly under them as well as say 6 feet around them pretty fast? I know they say 10 feet around but what's the real deal from actual users?

They dry well under them but if left in one spot the drying is of course not as good further out from the dri-pod which is why we like to move them around with air movement overlapping, this gives even drying. Now I am only talking about using for drying fresh cleaned carpet with good dry passes not restoration.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have now used it a few times and woul say that the effective range would be about six foot around buy again don't expect the air path air movement from an air mover that is using only 1.1 amps.

And remember that is very low pressure. I have been using it on demo and such and they do need to be moved around to be effective.

At 169 what can you loose by buying a couple.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Jim Martin said:
whats the RPM's........

Not sure, but it takes it a few seconds for it "wind" up to full speed, and once at full speed the whine goes away.

Whoever mentioned the cord xwrap, it actually has a pretty good one, for is cord. The cord also seems it is of good quality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom