Drypod

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Today I called into two of the local distributors and what a surprise: none of them had any idea what the drypods were!
They both went online while on the phone and proudly read off the specs that I just told them.. And proceeded to tell me how cool these new lil' blowers are...:rolling eyes: yeah 5 minutes ago they didn't even know about them.

Yeah it keeps happening- the DISTRIBUTORS are the last ones to know about new products.
I wish they were more in the loop.. Since they are distributing the goods.

Of course if I wana see one i would have to order it...I encouraged them to just get one in so they can show it to people.

Ok venting over..

Name
I'm Rick James
I just got mine in the mail and they are SOOOOOO worth the money. Gonna order 3 more.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Zee said:
Today I called into two of the local distributors and what a surprise: none of them had any idea what the drypods were!
They both went online while on the phone and proudly read off the specs that I just told them.. And proceeded to tell me how cool these new lil' blowers are...:rolling eyes: yeah 5 minutes ago they didn't even know about them.

Yeah it keeps happening- the DISTRIBUTORS are the last ones to know about new products.

Of course if I wana see one i would have to order it...I encouraged them to just get one in so they can show it to people.

Ok venting over..

Lol - sounds like a normal day going to Home Depot or Lowes.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tmdry said:
Zee said:

Ok venting over..

Lol - sounds like a normal day going to Home Depot or Lowes.

This why...back in my janitorial days....i was happy to find the web...cuz damn some distys are stupid I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked I've seen Jimmy naked

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Studebaker said:
Zee. Who is your local distributor?

I frequent Central California Cleaning Supply (Shawn Forsythe works for them) and Carpet Cleaners Emporium. Both in San Diego.

I don't mean to put them in bad light, just an annoyance that so many times its us that know products better then they do. (Many times they come thru when I need help and for that I appreciate having them around.)

Also many times they never even heard of a product that we already openly talk about it here.

If they gona tell me that I need to order one to see one because they have 15 Saharas and other blowers and they wana sell those (even though we have a warehouse full of those already)..I don't get it- why not just have at least one in their store and be able to show them to potential customers? They said they can't have 6000dollars sitting in blowers that won't sell....really a store can't afford to have a $159 blower sit around?

I understand its a brand new product and can't expect it to be available right away but the lack of knowledge from distys are what's bothering me.

And they are sometimes a lil mad that many of us hit up the good ol' internet to buy stuff.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's the life of a distributor. :lol:

We dabbled in it many many years ago.

We would have an inventory of 3-4 Pallets of airmovers and 6-8 large dehumidifiers back then. Sponsor WDR classes and offer specials on equipment and not sell much. Mostly tire kickers, 6-months or more could pass that we wouldn't sell one unit and then a big storm would hit. We'd sell it all in hours. KMA!

Those that called later in the day or days later would ask if the special was still good and then complain why we didn't stock more. I've seen Jimmy naked

It's a tough business or made more difficult with the internet. Guy buys the item from across the county because he can save $50.00, but when it breaks he wants the local guy to give him service as if it was purchased from him. I love the internet and I LOVE to save money, however if you expect your local guy to be in your corner, you have to support him.

In this case with a new item that looks to be a hot seller, I'd have bought several pallets and put one right on the showroom floor. hey now

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Morpheus said:

We would have an inventory of 3-4 Pallets of airmovers and 6-8 large dehumidifiers back then. Sponsor WDR classes and offer specials on equipment and not sell much. Mostly tire kickers, 6-months or more could pass that we wouldn't sell one unit and then a big storm would hit. We'd sell it all in hours. KMA!

Those that called later in the day or days later would ask if the special was still good and then complain why we didn't stock more. I've seen Jimmy naked

It's a tough business or made more difficult with the internet. Guy buys the item from across the county because he can save $50.00, but when it breaks he wants the local guy to give him service as if it was purchased from him. I love the internet and I LOVE to save money, however if you expect your local guy to be in your corner, you have to support him.

In this case with a new item that looks to be a hot seller, I'd have bought several pallets and put one right on the showroom floor. hey now

I agree with you Richard. I want to support the locals and I try to when I can.

We have gone thru the "big storm hit need all the equipment" scenario too and I understand the distributor's side.

Btw if you buy equipment somewhere else and then take it to them to service it- why does it matter? You still pay them for the parts and labor they will charge you just as you would if you bought the equipment from them. Because with that logic no used equipment purchase should be taken to a distributor either because you didn't buy it from them?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I know what you're saying Zee.
My local guy is a great mechanic and does excellent work but you should see his face when we roll up there with a Butler. It's the same look your wife or girlfriend has when she see the ex-wife or ex-girlfriend. :lol:

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Zee said:
Morpheus said:

Btw if you buy equipment somewhere else and then take it to them to service it- why does it matter? You still pay them for the parts and labor they will charge you just as you would if you bought the equipment from them. Because with that logic no used equipment purchase should be taken to a distributor either because you didn't buy it from them?

Interlink has told me the exact same thing on several occasions in regards to TM's. They've said if you don't buy it from them or it is not a product they sell, they will not service it (especially non HX units) and for me to take it to the manufacturer of the unit. The main reason I do not buy from them.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
to wrap the cord on my new airpath and others with no where to put the cord,i went to home depot and got those blue thingys that work like a handcuff.its for cords or hose but i found it to be handy because you can basically handcuff the cord to the carry handle.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I seen no problem with the start up on these.......the motor does not need a start capacitor or anything to get it moving......its a nice steady ramp up to top speed....great air flow from all around....I sat one in the middle of my 10X12 office and I could feel it wall to wall with no major air drop....louver angle seem to be the key there....

IMG_6149.jpg

I amped the cord out after it ran for a bit and it held nice and steady where it was supposed to...no full load amps at start up........everything a you need in a compact size.........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
davendana said:
I have nothing to add just wanted Jim and my avatars together eat shit!

so much for that cup of coffee..it just went everywhere...........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
holy shit.....

Mikey..............he likes it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well there went my cup of milk...... J/K J/K J/K J/K J/K J/K J/K

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
photobucket-10022-1339652481787.jpg

photobucket-17715-1339652466234.jpg

The Drypod is a must have IMO

Finally pictures I can compare them to something like an airpath and not just sitting on a carpet where I have no idea, how big or small that thing is.
(Since distys around here are waaaay behind the times and/or just too poor to have them in the stores to show)

Cool looking thing!

I'm thinking of getting a couple...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Zee said:
Mikey P said:
photobucket-10022-1339652481787.jpg

photobucket-17715-1339652466234.jpg

The Drypod is a must have IMO

you won't be sorry...I ran them today..they both did a great job.....big tile job in the AM and I am going to see what they can do on it....

Finally pictures I can compare them to something like an airpath and not just sitting on a carpet where I have no idea, how big or small that thing is.
(Since distys around here are waaaay behind the times and/or just too poor to have them in the stores to show)

Cool looking thing!

I'm thinking of getting a couple...

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
have been quite happy with them,, have never used the airpath before,,had always used the "snails" years ago,,,, may be small,,but these units do move the air around!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well after today of lugging around 2 snails, to make sure these carpets were dry for these houses (remember that nasty pic awhile ago...yeah landed me the acct woohoo)

anyway....2 to start i think and 2 more later....

i kinda like this dry before i leave thing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom