Dual motor vacuums?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Does anyone use them. I'm thinking of something like the Pro Team or Windsor. How much life do you get from them?

I've used Pro Teams on commercial carpet and they work well but I'm looking for something that digs resi carpet the best.

Is Sanitaire still a good option?
I do edging with my vac hose from my TM.

Thanks!

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Russ.

Have your tried a Kirby or a Royal yet?

Get a used Kirby, and buy some cheap HEPA bags for it and I hand on my heart promise you, you will see for yourself that you have never dug so much chit out of a resi carpet in your life. Even better than a Sanitare.

Even Mikey uses them and he calls it as he sees it.

If you wanna see some picks or some stats just ask.

Grant

Reactions: Russ T.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I'm not sure I understand what you mean Marty? I use the hose and tools on mine to clean upholstery and edge all the time.

Probably one of the most demanding things I've vacuumed with the Kirby and suction tools before wet cleaning are some real nasty cars. Many here may not do cars, but what it represents is an example of some upholstery that needs some pretty hefty vacuuming.

Here's one:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/GeeeAus/Nissan Dualis/IMG_2542_zps2c425b5d.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/GeeeAus/Nissan Dualis/IMG_2549_zpsa0351ddc.jpg

Nasty arse upholstery vacuum:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/GeeeAus/IMG_1969_zps22f26cd2.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/GeeeAus/IMG_1971_zpsad4942d4.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/GeeeAus/IMG_1981_zpsea11e4ad.jpg

I don't find it lacking in capability or balls with the tools. Takes a moment to set them up I suppose, but I'm normally ready to do the job before I arrive and the machine is ready to roll within moments.

Grant

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ.

Have your tried a Kirby or a Royal yet?

Get a used Kirby, and buy some cheap HEPA bags for it and I hand on my heart promise you, you will see for yourself that you have never dug so much chit out of a resi carpet in your life. Even better than a Sanitare.

Even Mikey uses them and he calls it as he sees it.

If you wanna see some picks or some stats just ask.

Grant

Thanks Grant.

Those vacs are very well made but too HEAVY for my liking. I'm alone and the last thing I need right now is another big, heavy, cumbersome piece of equipment to bring in and out of people's homes.

I've been edging with my vac hose for years, while giving my prespray some dwell time. I think it works well so the edging and tool capability is not as important to me. Perhaps I'd try edging with a vac if I had a good one capable of doing it well and quick.

We own a Shark Navigator Lift Away and use it in our home. It is excellent for that with suction I've never experienced with a vac before (never owned a Dyson). I haven't brought it with me on the truck because of the cheap feel it has to it. I have a feeling I'd burn through them pretty quick, but maybe I'm wrong.

There's also a Pullman Holt that a guy at MF10 swore by. It's a slightly cheaper dual motor vac that I'm considering.

The Clean Machine

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Either width. This company to their credit listens to us users. I will be upgrading to them and sell my older Proteams on Craigslist.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just as you worked hard on your marketing image, van's wrap, having the best tools etc; stay consistent and get a vacuum that sends a professional image.

Say no to a cheap Wally special.

But I know that you already know that. Just preaching to the choir.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Say no to a cheap Wally special.
OUCH!

I'd much rather have a unit that works good than one that looks good. :rockon:

We ditch them once they quit working good.

What ever you use make sure it has HEPA filtration or you're just adding pollution to the indoor environment.

Green...efffft! :p

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
OUCH!

I'd much rather have a unit that works good than one that looks good. :rockon:

We ditch them once they quit working good.

What ever you use make sure it has HEPA filtration or you're just adding pollution to the indoor environment.

Green...efffft! :p

Hoping to find one that looks good AND cleans good.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Slowly but surely C.Havez is working his way up to being the poster child of what NOT to do.

But in all due respect, it has taken him a life time of office nap labor and a few cleaning generations to get there. :winky:

Keep on dancing.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I understand but at least for us they get beat up with use and I like seeing a nice new one out there all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Slowly but surely C.Havez is working his way up to being the poster child of what NOT to do.

But in all due respect, it has taken him a life time of office nap labor and a few cleaning generations to get there. :winky:

Keep on dancing.
:eekk:

LOL We all dance to the beat of a different drummer. I still like you guys......even though you're wrong! :winky:

Reactions: ruff and Russ T.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Name
Andy McFadden
I like the pro team, it removes most of the PIA facters that other vacs give me.

I have a Kirby, pain to replace the bags, doesn't work as good as my powerflite (sanitaire knock off),

but the power flite only works great as long as the belt is not slipping which happens all the time. The bag is a pain to replace especially when it gets a tear in it and loads the outer bag with tons of filth that needs to be cleaned out, also has no attachments.

I got a bissle , works great, But the cup fills up every 30 seconds and I have to clean the filter after each job, sometimes in the middle of a job.

I have a dyson, great vac, but sucks on stairs, and the brush roll constantly needs to be cleaned, about every other day.

The pro team is so flipping easy to replace bags, bags are cheap. No breathing in dust, and never a bag tear. Can pull the hose off and spank an edge or suck up a lego at the speed of light.

Can leave it up right and slam out stairs like nothing else, very rare needs any cleaning, or any other kind of attention. Plus it works perty good.

Reactions: ruff and Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I have this... http://www.vacuum-home.com/royal-ry6900 and no, I didn't pay 700+ for it!

Duel motors, raise and lower brush roll with a button on the handle(awesome), brush roll shuts off if unit is upright, hand tools. Just an amazing vac, can do everything. The duel motors make it a monster, one motor drives brush roll, one motor sucks.

However, the dam thing is soooo heavy I don't want to take it off the truck... So it sits, waiting....

I don't think you can go wrong with a pro team(duel motor). Even if you edge with the tm(me also), having tools is a good idea. You'll never get m&m's, pennies, peanuts, pop corn etc. out of upholstery with a hose cuff.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
So, should I buy the Bissell from Larry with the replaceable bags for $210

;-)

or put it toward a ProTeam?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You guys give me a hard time about not using a professional vacuum but the real problem is so many of the so called "professional" vacuums don't have HEPA filtration.

What does that mean? It means they are really a dust particle redistribution machine, outdated, old school...junk! They can't trap small particles and since they can't they are being sucked up and blown all over the environment only to settle out later.

If you clean apartments or dirty pits who really cares what you use. Any cleaning or vacuuming is an improvement.

However if you are cleaning nice homes, using old school equipment you're likely to get questioned on it and you will look foolish since you are the cleaning pro and the homeowner knows more about cleaning than you. HEPA filtration traps dust, without HEPA you are actually making the living environment worse. :errf:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You guys give me a hard time about not using a professional vacuum but the real problem is so many of the so called "professional" vacuums don't have HEPA filtration.

What does that mean? It means they are really a dust particle redistribution machine, outdated, old school...junk! They can't trap small particles and since they can't they are being sucked up and blown all over the environment only to settle out later.

If you clean apartments or dirty pits who really cares what you use. Any cleaning or vacuuming is an improvement.

However if you are cleaning nice homes, using old school equipment you're likely to get questioned on it and you will look foolish since you are the cleaning pro and the homeowner knows more about cleaning than you. HEPA filtration traps dust, without HEPA you are actually making the living environment worse. :errf:

soapbox_large__zpsb13a65c5.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™

I bought a metal Royal vacuum to do those jobs with SmartStrand carpet. It a great vacuum and it edges fairly well, not to have an edging attachment. However, NOT having an edging attachment is still a PITA.

And, like Taco said, it's like standing beside a duster compared to using my Dyson. I can actually SMELL the junk it allows to pass through the bag.

hogjowl

Idiot™

I bought a metal Royal vacuum to do those jobs with SmartStrand carpet. It a great vacuum and it edges fairly well, not to have an edging attachment. However, NOT having an edging attachment is still a PITA.

And, like Taco said, it's like standing beside a duster compared to using my Dyson. I can actually SMELL the junk it allows to pass through the bag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom