Dual motor vacuums?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks like you can get HEPA bags for it.

Dustin, this one has the 5 position height adjustment and weighs 22lbs. Do you have a different one?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hmmm. The 18" one is different, with the height adjustment.

18" seems HUGE but maybe that would be good for me (1 man show).

...pipe down Chavez, I've heard about enough out of you!

;-)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Russ, jondon only has the infinite screw in 18" @ 16 pounds (shows something like 22 as a shipping weight? I think)
Yes I use their "hepa" filter in homes. Much thicker bag lining

Hey Richard. You're looking really dusty. Didn't know that was possible sitting in a chair. Maybe call a cleaning company to come help you out.
Hehe :)

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Yeah that's one of the videos that got all of us that bought Royals looking into them deeper.
Kirby is also direct air.
The commercial royal has a more aggressive fan shape then kirby and thus more cfm. My kirby is about two years old.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks again Dustin,

I can't make up my mind which one to get. I have a standard length van and work alone. I clean in all kinds of commercial and residential environments, including apartments.

18" is huge and would help me to get done vacuuming quickly, and well. But ITS HUGE!

Would the 14" have better cfm simply due to the smaller head?

Does your monster 18" Royal have good airflow across the entire wide mouth?

How often do you have to clean out the beater bar, how hard is that?

How long do belts last and how hard are they to change?

If you could only have 1 vacuum, what would it be?

What made you choose the 18" version?

I appreciate you helping me make a good choice!

The Clean Machine

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Russ..... A Royal and a Kirby are very similar. BUT Kirby's "HAVE" tools, poor as they may be to setup. And they also have a HUGE marked of super cheap used vacuums. Some are so cheap.

Even if the Kirby itself is not for you, given the cost to try one out, would not it be a good inexpensive way to see if something along the lines of these commercial big foots is really going to work for you?

It really is more like mowing with either a Kriby or Royal, less vacuuming, more mowing.

Consider a $50 experiment, because if you can't hack a Kirby, the mister Royal, light as it is for it's size, will obviously be out of the question.

Grant

Reactions: Russ T.

hogjowl

Idiot™
For those who use a vacuum to edge.

Ive heard other guys say that, and I have to wonder. While I like my Royal, I can't see it being very ergonomic to edge with your TM hose. You either have to take in some sort of tube with you, besides you wand, or you have to bend over low enough to control that vacuum hose to keep it on the right place as you edge. Either one of those options is not what I see as very useful.

I'm also thinking many guys who say they do that, actually don't do it often because it's a pita.

And if you have employees, you can forget about it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ever try it Marty?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. I've finally got my son to where he vacuums and edges properly, but back when he first started working with me he was bad about skipping places. I'd see stuff along the baseboards as I was cleaning and I'd have to edge it with the vac hose. (2 inch.)

I would have to bend way over and place my hand close to the cuff in order to control it.

It's much easier to do it properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom