Dynamat

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Anyone got experience with Dynamat?

Its a sound dampening product that is used for cars to lower noises and rattles and also gives a better music experience.

It can be installed in doors, floors, roofs, hood, trunk, pretty much everywhere to lessen sounds. (Like shutting a car door: it could help to just have a thud)

I'm thinking of fitting the van inside to muffle down the whole vehicle especially when the truckmount is running.

So is it worth it?? Have you tried it?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
they make a product i believe call lizard skin which is painted on. supposed to be awesome for sound deadening.

gene

Name
Nate W.
GeneMiller said:
they make a product i believe call lizard skin which is painted on. supposed to be awesome for sound deadening.

gene

X2... Cheaper too... They sell it with a spray gun... My friend got some from ebay I believe...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Same company makes it?

I guess I could just look it up.... somewhat amus

Just looked... its not the same co.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
dealtimeman said:
Yes used it on my boat and it makes a huge difference.

Do you think its a worthy expense to cover a van inside with the truckmount being in there making a lot of noise?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yamaha 212ss - engine hatch and fuel hatch. The biggest difference is the higher pitch reduction, now we can talk while underway. Also "absorbs" vibration is the best way I can describe it.

Zee also keep in mind you will be insulating the van as well so operating temp inside the van will rise, not sure how much but it will rise.

In the engine compartment we have blowers to cycle air in and out.

On the v's we installed 1/2" insulation and carpet covered Masonite on all the walls along with marine grade rubber backed carpeting on the floors and it made a huge difference.

DSCF0764.jpg

starrett

I used fatmat in my street/rod. very similar product but cheaper. can be found on ebay. the jury is still out on the performance. used closed cell foam pad in the butler and that works great. use to get vans spray foamed before instals but impossible with butler.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
No question that Dynamat works, but next to Monster wire it is one of the most profitable products sold by car stereo shops. They deserve their profits, but I'd feel better if they were taking advantage of gangstas.

Do a search for "mass loaded barrier sheet" and choose one that won't absorb moisture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom