Economy vs Premium

Jamesh921

Name
James
It was brought up in the "KISS" thread about offering an "economy" cleaning package AND a "premium" cleaning package.

So, who's willing to explain each of their cleaning packages here?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
For me I would have three.

Economy would be T.P's only - prevac, prespot, prespray, agitate, rinse, dry, groom.

Premium would be all of that and moving furniture. Might also be rotary extraction, but I would probably do that anyways in the economy package as well if it really needed it.

Platinum(for lack of thinking of different words) Would be all the premium and add protector.

Mike Draper

Our basic is $99 then .32 after. It includes vac, spray and suck. Our premium is vac, pre-spray, crb scrub & wand or 360i and then follow up with studebaker speed dry. it is .38-.40 from the first foot, no specials on it. We rinse everything with RO water, All spots and stains are included in the price other than red stains. stairs cost extra of course. And as pigslop marty says" my prices are make believe and this system doesnt work because people only want a basic steam cleaning because all cleaning is the same and therefor should be priced the same. hey Marty, blow me

Willy P

Name
Willy P
NOOOOO!!

Under the stacks of what used to be your hundred dollar bills. And don't get confused with a couple of stray peanuts and a half roll of tums. !gotcha!

SS told some lady we can get your carpet kind of clean, clean, or really clean.

She hung up in their face and called me.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah that is kinda of the problem I have with package pricing. When you offer different levels of clean and a customer wants the cheapest... the spray and suck. and you know you could have done better just by agitating it, its what you put your name on.

Or another way of putting it. It would like the Doctor saying well we can diagnose and treat you for a single sympton at our lowest price or if you accept our premium package we will try to actuelly solve all your symptons.

In my opinion the best package options is when you add value.. Leave the cleaning the same and flexible so you can add a scrubbing if you need it. But adding extra for large drying fans to speed dry carpet for convenience.. that is what I consider to be value. For instance with no fans our synthetic carpets dry in tops of 3 hours.. add studebakers and your down to 1.5 hr meter dry.

Also have a package where you add in protector. Or perhaps a deoderizer. Or as some said.. Do traffic lanes only and have the moving furniture be another option.

The basic clean package should still include the option to throw the nuke at cleaning wise just with out alot of fancy stuff like protector, furniture moving, maybe whiping down baseboards.. get creative.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm going to be calling my Fair Pricing.

MY BEST level will be everything,

MY SECOND BEST will be without vacuuming. I'll let them vacuum, come what may.

JUST LIKE THEIRS BUT BETTER level will be the prespray rinse, but I'll be taking my time and I'll probably end up agitating here and there anyway, because my name IS on this after all.

I'll drop 20% for each decrease in thoroughness.
And I'll let them know that I guarantee MY BEST but it will be a limited guarantee below that.

Then there is traffic areas or wall to wall variables
Protectant will be an option at each level.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Now that we're finished talking about where Chavez's wife houses his penis :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sweeny brings up the point that concerns me;

Yeah that is kinda of the problem I have with package pricing. When you offer different levels of clean and a customer wants the cheapest... the spray and suck. and you know you could have done better just by agitating it, its what you put your name on.

And as daniel mentioned;

SS told some lady we can get your carpet kind of clean, clean, or really clean.

Should the "level of clean" we provide as floor cleaning professinals be determined by price?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Jamesh921 said:
Should the "level of clean" we provide as floor cleaning professinals be determined by price?

I can appreciate your question James. So how far are you willing to go, ie how long, what effort, to clean those 3rms and hall for $100?

I think the "level of clean" is determined more by what we are willing to charge, or not charge, and what the customer is willing to pay, ie how much a customer values their carpet and uph. I've spent 4hrs on 500sf for $300 and some guys, many actually, think I'm nuts for that. But I did a "professional" cleaning. I set my price and I did what I knew needed to be done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I agree that the the carpet should be clean at any level.

What I've been thinking about is this

Sorta kinda packages. shiteatinggrin

Budget: (at a certain price) Vacuum, Prespray and Prespot, Clean, Groom

Home Owner: (ADD a certain price like $12.00 per room) Vacuum, Prespray and Prespot, Add Stain Resistance, Clean, Groom

Pet Owner: (Add price again like $15.00 per room etc) Vacuum, Apply Pet Treatment, Prespray and Prespot, Clean, Groom

Brady Bunch Package shiteatinggrin : All of the above (Give a deal for the package...instead of adding $27 per room......Just add $23 or something like that to incourage)

This way they can choose all or nothing or something in between. It helps them decide by being specific.
Have the services in writing makes it more "real" to the customer as well.

PS. I have to vacuum because I use OPE

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can do that with any of your services...Add furniture moving or whatever.

I use Pet Treatment and Carpet Protectant because those are what I upsell most.

You can have 10 different package and then at a note that they get 10% off two packages 15% off three packages etc.

Then the % doesn't have to come off the total price...only the extra services.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Now that we're finished talking about where Chavez's wife houses his penis :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sorry James, but it is a concern to me. I hate losing that sucker! :|

:mrgreen:

Sweeny is right, they aren't going to tell their friends or family "I went cheap and chose the low package (shut up Willy!)" they are just going to say "Yea James cleaned it and this is all the better it looked."

:|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you want to get married...Remember this face.

Chavez at about 1:55

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1GjyrQiSRs2]

Quite possibly the best stand up segment ever....Genius.

Of course the Jesus being married one is good too. lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

"Going out with the boys, well you can just LEAVE that here!" :lol:

He was great, funny guy, very creative!

Is Miss Kentucky letting the bear go out for the night? :shock:
teddybear.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The best kind of comedy is real life situations with an exaggerated example. Puts things in perspective.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
LOL

"Going out with the boys, well you can just LEAVE that here!" :lol:

He was great, funny guy, very creative!

Is Miss Kentucky letting the bear go out for the night? :shock:
teddybear.jpg

:shock:

Jamesh921

Name
James
I think the "level of clean" is determined more by what we are willing to charge, or not charge, and what the customer is willing to pay, ie how much a customer values their carpet and uph.

Exactly, if you're not charging enough to get it clean in your economy package, you need to raise that price.

Doing a sub-par cleaning because the custy isn't willing to pay more will not win any cheerleaders or make repeat custys. You'd actually be "hurting" your own business.

Hoody has the best recommendation so far. Anybody got a different one?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
what do you add for Pet Treatment?
are you meaning for odor spots?

Huh?

James/Hoody, I wouldn't put furniture moving in my packages. But that's just me. If you send two guys....then maaaaaybe.

Moving furniture is an insurance issue if you ask me. All my work is open areas...But I will push a sofa around if needed sometimes.

Put in your packages what most want anyway...Pet Treatment and Protector...The Pet Treament could be "Pet Treatment OR Deodorizer" or something like that.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Exactly Sweeney !gotcha!

I worked for a company that tried the diff levels of clean, didn't last very long. I think no matter what, you should always provide the best clean. Some want just the T.Ps cleaned, some want all the furniture moved, and some want the whole she-bang for their investment. A lot of people appreciate the baseboard wiping, and light dusting of vent covers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom