education on vacuuming

NGC

what do you tell custys when trying to educate on proper ways to vacuum, frequency and such?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"buy one they will use if they don't use it, doesn't matter how much they paid for it"

Steve's got it 100%

If Ms Plifton needs to spend a grand on her vac to make her use it, then I recommend she do it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
RGH269 said:
Who did you pay to write that for you? Very Good

Dusty and Rob Allen have the same info on vacuuming as Mike. Interesting?

I personally could care less about how or how often my clients vacuum.

Name
I'm Rick James
NGC said:
what do you tell custys when trying to educate on proper ways to vacuum, frequency and such?

I tell customers to vacuum their high traffic areas 4-5 times a week if they have heavy foot traffic. Dirt is very abrasive and will cause premature wear to the carpet. I don't go much past that when talking about vacuuming, you don't want to get to technical..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mikey P said:
http://www.santacruzclean.com/blog/keep-your-carpet-clean-what-you-can-do/
All that and not one tip on how to actually vacuum a carpet.
Go to my web site and click on to Carpet Care 101.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I show them how I vacuumed.
One of the first things I show them is to vacuum in such a direction as to pull up the pile. Move your foot across the carpet N, S, E, W, see which way pulls up the pile/loops. I explain how the brush will always spin trying to pull the vacuum away from you so they can tell which way to stand. They will pull up more soil in half the time vacuuming in the right direction and since most people don't want to spend a lot of time vacuuming, may as well tell them how to do it effectively.

I also tell them that they need to vacuum slow on the forward pass as thats when most of the soil will come in, contrary to what most people think.
Also for them to use slow passes, esp when they use a bag vacuum, since they won't be able to tell when they are removing soil. They need to let the vacuum do its work and it can't if they are speed vacuuming. It might get the surface soil but could be leaving lots IN the carpet.

Check their filters, wash or replace. Check the manual to find all the filters. Some of these new vacuums have filters buried in plastic, need an engineering degree to find them!!
Oh yeah, if a bag vacuum, replace it by the time its half full, despite what the retailer will tell you, the bag has lost its effectiveness by this time.

Check the brush as it wears out over time.

If they want to check the air flow, don't put your hand over the hose but rather put your finger in the end and feel how much its pulling. If its not pulling at your finger much, may need to have it looked at.

Sometimes I've even recommended how to stand when they tell me they have back issues.

Just some basics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom