Encap on antique Iranian rugs?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Good. I guess he was ready to retire for a long time before he actually did. I'm sure he was the best competition Jamie could want.

I don't know Peter. If you do, it might be nice to let him know that he has to take ownership of his Facebook page and announce that the company is under new ownership - ownership that makes a commitment to customer service.

https://mavyan.com/

3 companies all linked together. Rocky was a$$hole to deal with and would piss off the pope. Peter and Ara are way more customer oriented and quite business like. This is the second company they've bought out as they took over one of the local Langenwalter franchises that was small, but quite profitable. Look around the website. They have and do some amazing stuff.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
That’s the one I bought today. It just seems..... cheap.... just like most of the stuff in this industry, you either buy the cheap, Chinese made stuff, or spend 15-20 times more, and buy quality items.... I’ll use it until I get better at the rug thing, and invest into something more professional.
It is performing a very simple function and works just fine. It's easy to use, we have moisture sensors that cost 10x this we bought when we did a lot of water damage and they never get used to just check if rugs are dry. We've used ours for 6 years and never even had to replace the battery.....again, don't over think it :biggrin::biggrin:

Reactions: J Scott W
Name
Jeff T
The Proteam Upright has the worse brush roll of all...

Virtually no interaction with the fibers.

Kirby, Sanitaire, Royal or Oreck.
I do have a Kirby Sentria. I just find it so..... clunky..... guess I’ll use that, and see what happens.....

Name
Jeff T
Ok, age old question..... dealing with urine on wool carpet/rugs... what is the go-to product for removal? Not only the smell, but the stain?
Jeff @ SCC

Ron K

Ok, age old question..... dealing with urine on wool carpet/rugs... what is the go-to product for removal? Not only the smell, but the stain?
Jeff @ SCC
Tumble duster,water, DiChlor, vinegar, then if even needed what ever "stuff" you want.
Oh and by the way you have the absolute worst vacuums for ORC. An old Eureka with a Metal BEATER BAR is the best then maybe a good Sanitare. The back only the back. You can use a Pile Lifter for the face yarns. We pile lift every rug.
We have the same Dri-Ease Moisture probe from 1994. Had to modify it because the shape of 9volt batteries changed.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Jeff @ SCC
Tom's Uturn product is probably as good as it gets, especially for safety. I use a variety of products but you have to be careful with deodorizers that combine enzymes or oxidizers. Both can cause damage or dye bleed. The main thing is good flushing to remove as much urine as possible. I use Benefect often, either full strength or 50/50 depending on the severity. 1/2 hour dwell time. For remaining yellow staining, I use Chemspec or Esteam liquid browning treatment. It has a mild reducing agent.

Name
Jeff T
I believe that is a reducing agent, good for dye removal on fringes, similar to Masterblend's Magic. Stick with 3% hydrogen peroxide for fringe correction, safer to use and control. It can be accelerated by UV light (sunshine, DCI or Cobb light, etc.)
All the rugs turned out great. The one in question was cleaned by another company in town, and the fringe on it looks like shyte. I thought it was really dirty. The rugs is brown wool, with patterns, all in gray and brown tones. I wet cleaned all of them, and finished the fringes with my internal crevice tool. This is the only one that’s giving me trouble. With the 3% per. solution, obviously I want to use a trigger sprayer, and brush it into the fringe. How long for dwell? Do I rinse it out, using an acid rinse after? Or just let it dry?
Jeff @ SCC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom