Enhanced power max

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I always wonder why pH is brought in. Once the carpet is dry it has no pH. What matters is if the product left behind is sticky and going to attract soil.

Gene

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am unimpressed with soap free and red line. I actually switched back after a gallon of each to masterblend ultra tlc and rinse either with prochem all-fiber or slurry

Matt Murdock said:
I am unimpressed with soap free and red line. I actually switched back after a gallon of each to masterblend ultra tlc and rinse either with prochem all-fiber or slurry

You were singing praises to Redline about 3 months ago...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think you have the wrong guy. I won this stuff at auction on here about a month ago. I have been using Masterblend Ultra TLC for a while now, maybe that is were you were confused. Not to tough to confuse a Floridian:)

Matt Murdock said:
I think you have the wrong guy. I won this stuff at auction on here about a month ago. I have been using Masterblend Ultra TLC for a while now, maybe that is were you were confused. Not to tough to confuse a Floridian:)

your right...my bad, wrong PS

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Paraphrased:
Larry Cobb said:
The discussion should be about the rinsability of a prespray.

Surfactants are another ingredient that are frequently difficult to rinse out.
A good formulator knows the proper ones to use in carpet cleaning.

Anti-foam agents are usually very difficult to rinse out also, so you should minimize their usage.
Larry

Les has a little something up his sleeve that will address all of these issues.

Dan Lloyd

Larry,

You know, now I'm confused about two things.
1) ph of carpet after rinse. You say that the ph is 8 after rinse. At this link http://www.cobbcarpet.com/dynachem1.html your website says it is 9 after rinse. At this link http://www.cobbcarpet.com/dcpsc.html your website says it is 9.9 after rinse. Just for my own satisfaction, I'd like to know which it is.
Power Max works great, no doubt about it.

2) Dilution. When I ordered it, your sales rep told me to mix 1 ounce per gallon for prespray. But at this link http://www.cobbcarpet.com/dcpsc.html you suggest 4-8 ounces per gallon. You know, it works pretty good at a less dilution. So two questions 1) what dilution do you recommend? 2) at what point does putting more power max into the solution become pointless?

Thanks.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Dan;

When we originally tested pH after rinse, we used our local water supply.

Since it is slightly alkaline (~pH "8"), we reran the tests with distilled water.

The more accurate distilled water testing reduced the pH significantly.

I updated some of the data, but missed the prespray comparison page.

I have corrected that page.

Prespray concentrations vary quite a bit with our customers.

TM's with heat over 230° and high flow use much less than
portables with warm tap water.

It also depends on the quantity of prespray you spray down.

4oz/gallon would be a good starting point for a good TM operation.

Thanks for your observation.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom