Enhanced power max

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mike is in the Tampa Bay area...
The water is treated with Extreeme amounts or Chlorine & Soda Ash..."PH" is higher..

I think Mike will agree it is almost un-drinkable...

While 1 county over "Polk County" the water stinks of excessive Sulfer...

I am only 40 miles from Mike, and our water comes from deep water springs...GREAT..

I am 3 miles from the Famous.."ZEPHRYHILLS WATER"..bottle water company... :roll: :wink:

Jim Martin said:
If you are going to openly display it...then you better be able to openly take it......

My clients depend on me to get a job done and I have to depend on the people I use to get me the stuff to get it done....

I personally Pm or call FIRST, then if its not addressed then I would publicly ask.....nobodys perfect, Ive handled several situations behind the scenes with board sponsors and they all have been taken care of.

Greenie said:
If you rinse with a "neutral" 7pH water only rinse, how is the carpet left at an 8pH? unless there is residue still in the carpet?

Could be the water in the area or simply to get it right... use a quality acid rinse.

I bought a tub last week...worked great but I lke Grease Eraser better cuz of the smell. I use to boost my PS with citrus before I found the right PS and after 8 years I hate a citrus smell. Other wise its a great product.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walrus said:
Hiring Jose' or a moonlighting retard grocery bagger to mix chems just doesn't cut it.

Our chemical production supervisor is a family man,
who has been in charge of quality control for 15 years.

He has also cleaned carpet with a Truckmount for a few years.

Larry

P.S. Curtis - the citrus fragrance is the one that consistently scores highest in customer studies.
It also eliminates more toxic grease solvents in this product.

Greenie

I would think any reference to a "water rinse" would be done with Reverse Osmosis pure water, not some contaminated high pH city water.

Of course water can vary, that is why you would test with a true standard.

If I rinse with RO water, pH 7, why would the carpet be left at an 8pH?

That is the question you guys should be asking Yourselves.

Greenie said:
I would think any reference to a "water rinse" would be done with Reverse Osmosis pure water, not some contaminated high pH city water.

Of course water can vary, that is why you would test with a true standard.

If I rinse with RO water, pH 7, why would the carpet be left at an 8pH?

That is the question you guys should be asking Yourselves.

So have u rinsed ir with RO water? Are you testing all PS now?

PH of 8 is nothing to be concerned about IMHO...... sounds like scare tatics...way too many variables!

BDCC have more too worry about then a measly 1 ph difference.

Greenie

Did you miss my point?
Overlooking the fact that 8pH is 10x more than 7pH, what I'm addressing is the percentage of chemistry LEFT in the carpet, it's possible the pre-spray is not rinsing out.
To still have an 8pH after a few neutral rinse passes indicates there is a fair amount of chemistry still in the carpet.

That is all.

TimP

Greenie said:
Did you miss my point?
Overlooking the fact that 8pH is 10x more than 7pH, what I'm addressing is the percentage of chemistry LEFT in the carpet, it's possible the pre-spray is not rinsing out.
To still have an 8pH after a few neutral rinse passes indicates there is a fair amount of chemistry still in the carpet.

That is all.

I doubt any carpet detergent will rinse to absolute neutral with just water. Also with the percarbonate I doubt that its gong to self neutralise that quick.

Also as long as what is left after extraction doesn't attract soil I personally don't care if its there or if it has a ph of 8.

Greenie

percarb offgasses quick.
how do you know it doesn't resoil?

these are the common questions I ask. and yes some presprays are neutral immediately after rinsing, especially with a neutral rinse like Judson puts out, just to cite one.

I'm done with it for now, I asked my questions, some will get ducked, some will get defended.

Greenie said:
percarb offgasses quick.

these are the common questions I ask. and yes some presprays are neutral immediately after rinsing, especially with a neutral rinse like Judson puts out, just to cite one.

I'm done with it for now, I asked my questions, some will get ducked, some will get defended.

I knew your debate would end like that.....I like Judson rinse too but does the PS rinse neutral with water? and what ph?

Dan Lloyd

Cobbs website says the ph after cleaning is 9. (after h2o rinse) I wonder what it might be after the second cleaning. That said, I like the stuff on commercial and olefin. It mixes well and cleans great. I'm hesitant to use it on residential nylon or wool. That's where I usually use Judson o2.

I acid rinse both the power max and the o2. I guess that helps.

TimP

Greenie said:
percarb offgasses quick.

I know powermax don't cause resoil because I used it in my schools this summer and last summer. They were way cleaner compared to the previous year. Not to mention the fact that it takes a while to finish the schools and if there was a problem I'm sure they could hold a check till a problem was fixed. Plus I wouldn't of been rehired the next year if it did cause resoil. If only percarbonate was added, then resoil shouldn't be a concern with the enhanced powermax.

We've been over this before PH don't mean anything. Hell look at using encap products I'm sure the carpet is left at ph 9-10 when the cleaner leaves. But does it resoil because of PH? PH just means power of hydrogen it doesn't mean power of resoil, or power of stain grabbing ability. It just gives the acidity or alkalinity of an aqueous solution. I know there is debate to the removal of stain protection but walking on fiber and vacuuming removes it over time, and once the need for a higher PH product to remove high levels of soil it's not a consideration. This is coming from an avid user of Judson O2 on residential where I know for me that it's the best tool for the light to medium soiled residential carpet.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
PH sme-H .....

how many people use RO water??? soft water (probably alot more)...regular ole house tap water???

you cant be perfect with everyone...

also who gives 2 shits if its neutral??? Ifn it leaves it sticky...you can have a sticky with out PH ya know...

Does it work for you the cleaner???

TimP said:
Greenie said:
percarb offgasses quick.

I know powermax don't cause resoil because I used it in my schools this summer and last summer. They were way cleaner compared to the previous year. Not to mention the fact that it takes a while to finish the schools and if there was a problem I'm sure they could hold a check till a problem was fixed. Plus I wouldn't of been rehired the next year if it did cause resoil. If only percarbonate was added, then resoil shouldn't be a concern with the enhanced powermax.

We've been over this before PH don't mean anything. Hell look at using encap products I'm sure the carpet is left at ph 9-10 when the cleaner leaves. But does it resoil because of PH? PH just means power of hydrogen it doesn't mean power of resoil, or power of stain grabbing ability. It just gives the acidity or alkalinity of an aqueous solution. I know there is debate to the removal of stain protection but walking on fiber and vacuuming removes it over time, and once the need for a higher PH product to remove high levels of soil it's not a consideration. This is coming from an avid user of Judson O2 on residential where I know for me that it's the best tool for the light to medium soiled residential carpet.

Tim nailed it....Greenies obsession over ph is disturbing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
For the years I have been using Powermaxx I have never ever had a resoil problem or a complaint on a carpet not cleaning up.....A year and a half ago I added a large water softener to my house and disconnected my chemical pump and have been cleaning that way ever since...........I have not had a single problem......It is not about what you put down....It's all about what you leave behind.........

hogjowl

Idiot™
Does the carpet look clean after you clean with your favorite prespray?

Do the customers call you back to clean the next time?

What else matters?

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Walrus said:
That's the main reason I stick to a major name brand like Prochem.

Consistancy in production.

Hiring Jose' or a moonlighting retard grocery bagger to mix chems just doesn't cut it.

That's funny.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think the "neutral Ph after cleaning" myth was invented by the IICRC in a joint venture with the large chemical companies in order to sell stOOpit shit like acid rinses...

TimP

Chris Adkins said:
I think the "neutral Ph after cleaning" myth was invented by the IICRC in a joint venture with the large chemical companies in order to sell stOOpit shit like acid rinses...

I was an acid rinse junkie after IICRC classes and first getting started in this biz. I was totally afraid of emulsifier rinses and what not thinking they would cause resoil. Now I only break out the acid rinse for cotton upholstery. I'm a masterblend soap free junkie now, anything to make the job clean easier as long as it don't resoil I'm all for it. My motto is work smarter and not harder.

TimP said:
Chris Adkins said:

I was an acid rinse junkie after IICRC classes and first getting started in this biz. I was totally afraid of emulsifier rinses and what not thinking they would cause resoil. Now I only break out the acid rinse for cotton upholstery. I'm a masterblend soap free junkie now, anything to make the job clean easier as long as it don't resoil I'm all for it. My motto is work smarter and not harder.

I am not trying to discredit Soap Free in any way but I grabbed a free sample my supplier had in the back the other day. I mixed some up to try in my carpet. I put my fingers in the water and rubbed them together and I swear that stuff is slicker than oil and would not rinse off my fingers. Finally I had to break out the dawn to get it off. I did not put it in my carpet either. I completely agree with Tim on using a detergent instead of an Acid Rinse for normal cleaning conditions. Everybody likes what they like though and if what you are using is working for you and you have confidence in it then stay with it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Marty why are you always trying to simplify things?

You got a big problem with that.

Don't you know there is nothing better to argue about than residue and the PH of a cleaned carpet?

Dipshit!

TimP

danielc said:
TimP said:
Chris Adkins said:

I am not trying to discredit Soap Free in any way but I grabbed a free sample my supplier had in the back the other day. I mixed some up to try in my carpet. I put my fingers in the water and rubbed them together and I swear that stuff is slicker than oil and would not rinse off my fingers. Finally I had to break out the dawn to get it off. I did not put it in my carpet either. I completely agree with Tim on using a detergent instead of an Acid Rinse for normal cleaning conditions. Everybody likes what they like though and if what you are using is working for you and you have confidence in it then stay with it.

That's why I like it, it softens the water and makes it slick. Did you feel it before you put it in water, in it's dry state it's as dry and non sticky as can be. No way it's gonna resoil. Also if you put a drop of soap on your hands with soft water it don't feel like you can rinse it off either. It's a soft water thing.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What Les has done is create a two part product that enables the cleaner to only have to carry a single two part line of chemicals to do everything commonly done in a carpet cleaners business. O2 by itself is a great cleaner for carpets, wool rugs, and upholstery. If you need to clean dirty tile or filthy restaurant carpets you can increase the pH, and cleaning power, by adding the booster.

You have flexibility with the two part system.

Chris A

Name
Chris
TimP said:
Chris Adkins said:

Soap Free kicks ass, have you tried it as a general pre-spray? It's pretty much all I use on Residential. How about that Merty, a one-part system...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The discussion should be about the rinsability of a prespray.

There are several raw materials that are difficult to rinse out of a carpet.

Sodium carbonate, some silicates, & citric acid are 3 that are difficult to rinse out with several passes. pH of these components range from 12 to 2.

Surfactants are another ingredient that are frequently difficult to rinse out.
A good formulator knows the proper ones to use in carpet cleaning.

Anti-foam agents are usually very difficult to rinse out also, so you should minimize their usage.

The carpet manufacturers are very concerned about the residue carpet cleaners leave in the carpet. This concern was caused by commercial carpets that were bonnet cleaned repeatedly with detergents that left sticky residues. The carpets were prematurely replaced leading to tension between the manufacturers and end users.

As cleaners, we need to understand these concerns, since manufacturers are insisting on low residue cleaning methods, and stating this on their websites.

A good TM with high flow does the best job of rinsing possible on location.

So by using TM's with high flow ...
AND low-residue cleaning products,

we can satisfy both our customers, and the carpet mills.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom