Every Year at Connections there is that ONE item...

F

FB7777

No disrespect Marty , but my vans are pig sties . Don't want it to get filthy or ripped

I may just bungee it to the ceiling

The combo makes the most sense as well Mark thanks!

F

FB7777

Thanks Mark, unfortunately the photobucket links wouldn't work on my end

Im just going to order one,

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm going to pick one up too. Can they add the logo or is that something you do locally?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Same here Russ!
So are you guys thinking a pvc tube strapped to the ceiling, series of loops or just sticking it where every it fits for transport

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have a couple PVC tubes attached to the top of my van. Wondering if it might slip right in there?

I use the other for tack strips.

F

FB7777

I'm going to pick one up too. Can they add the logo or is that something you do locally?

I'm going to have it done locally, my guy already has my logo...plus I'd like him to see the material and know that it will be rolled and unrolled constantly , not sure if that will effect the longevity of the vinyl lettering

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I'm going to have it done locally, my guy already has my logo...plus I'd like him to see the material and know that it will be rolled and unrolled constantly , not sure if that will effect the longevity of the vinyl lettering

I have a couple PVC tubes attached to the top of my van. Wondering if it might slip right in there?

I use the other for tack strips.

Same here Russ!
So are you guys thinking a pvc tube strapped to the ceiling, series of loops or just sticking it where every it fits for transport

Hi guys,

Sorry this has taken so long to respond to

So much for a day off....just finishing up, got in and showered, checked in for tomorrows flights and getting busy at the computer.

I have the unit just laying in the back on one of my extra wand holders the Butlers have in the back. I have had the unit fall against the reel and get scuffed up not being careful, but it is pretty tough.

2014-06-08214849_zpsa6b77ebe.jpg

For the logo, you would want your local vinyl people doing it...will save money with set up, ect...and you can order a few more for when I imagine the logos need some replacement. I have heard of a couple guys with logos on their Seal-a-doors and doing very well with them.

For future hanging devices, I am thinking just a 2 part system I'm going to have made (hopefully cushioned - padded aluminum) where the one end fits in, and then in the other section, it just sits in....will see how that will all go. The idea is to make it universal enough that it has many different mounting possibilities. I just need some down time to get on that!

I really like the unit. My customers all summer really loved it too, and I can't imagine how well the customers are going to love it this winter as well as myself.

It does take up more room in your van, but I think it is worth it.

I have done a lot of posts about it on my Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Saigers?ref=bookmarks

My videos I did earlier were with the standard and combo BEFORE we came up with the wings on the sides and top.

I would recommend getting the Combo unit (with wings). More versatile I feel and will also work on most commercial doors I have tried too.

Just let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to help out.

Here is the link to the original thread with videos, pics (remember before wings though :) )

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?274171-Newer-Style-door-drape-guard&highlight=door+drape

imagejpeg_1_zpsaf33083c.jpg

imagejpeg_0_zps77bd9cbb.jpg

Last edited:

CCWorks

Name
Greg
I understand they are going for the "Blair Witch", "UFO conspiracy" style. You can do that and still spell your copy correctly.

Take care,
Lisa

Ya know, if you have me looking in a dogs ass every time I see you post, I really do not care to even read your post.

Your avatar is the problem, not someone's intentional grammar errors. The problem I have is I can not use the ignore button on you, for I can not find that option.

Lisa, I here a lot about you but never see you post on the other site.
I seen many avatars and your avatar for some reason bothers me so much I do not even read your postings,... no kidding.
An its on a public business forum, it is like the worst I ever had to look at...

Help! looking for the ignore button

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so what else do we know about this new tool?

1. product is in testing phase
2. product name may be spelled wrong
3. Aliens visit Scott W. when he's sleeping.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ya know, if you have me looking in a dogs ass every time I see you post, I really do not care to even read your post.
You don't hear me bitching about your Avatar even though I find portables disgusting and a sign of a true hack. :p

Participation is voluntary, if her avatar truly offends you, you can always avoid the site. :neutral:

P. S.
If seeing an ass bothers you that much, I'd suggest you avoid mirrors!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Whirlwind looks like a new take on the old Steamway Zinger drag wand. It will be interesting to see what improvements have been made.

I was interested in the Draft Dodger before, but I really like the new wings edition. Ours would definitely get the logo treatment.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Looks like a zipper but no forward motion complete drag wand with tile spinner tech. interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Able 1

Name
Keith
If you are interested in cleaning restaurants a LOT, it might be a good tool.. Other then that I see no use for it. Hope it wasn't "THE" product this year.. I would pull that thing out like twice a year! Door-A-Seal is definitely more interesting to me, and I can use it on every job.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
at half the price of a powered rotary I just don't see this as the show stopping new invention of the year. To begin with it eliminates the true advantage of a rotary and that is scrubbing. I realize rotaries do not have brushes on them but the fact the stainless is brushing across the carpet still acts as agitation.

Second this tools seems like it gives too much opportunity for over wetting the carpet.

My initial impression... Meh

Door barrier is kinda cool though

Reactions: sealcanvas

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Posted this in another post as well....but to share here too....

Video I shot yesterday of the unit.

Was impressive!

I think I might buy one especially for some workout mats I get calls to clean that I did with a spinner.

Found the spinner did the best job on them, but hard to move. Think this would work great.

But also on grimey trashed carpet, this is a light weight unit with some punch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwbFaw32JXQ&list=UUi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd guess that the Zipper would be faster but the CX-15 would flush better because of its rotating jets???

[h=3]BETTER CLEANING[/h]Tool head traps heat for hotter cleaning, rotary jets clean fibers from all sides, and 4,000 cleaning passes blast dirt away
[h=3]FASTER DRYING[/h]Hydro-Glide and smooth chamber design maximize air flow and velocity
[h=3]LIGHT[/h]Tool is 20 lbs. compared to an 80 lb. electric rotary machine

[h=3]AFFORDABLE[/h]Rotary powered cleaning at half the price
[h=3]EASY TO OPERATE[/h]Clean close to walls and wood floors without having to worry about being called back to fix them
[h=3]CX-15[/h]The CX-15 rotary cleaner is a crossover tool that bridges the gap between wand cleaning and powered-rotary cleaning.
Water pressures between 400 800 PSI power the high-speed spinning action of twin jets to make over 4,000 cleaning passes. Unlike traditional carpet wands, the CX-15 can aggressively clean carpet fibers from multiple directions.
The unique Hydro-Glide glide design at the recovery opening improves water removal and leaves carpets cleaner and dryer than wand or rotary machine cleaning.
In addition to providing the benefits of all angle cleaning, the surprisingly light CX-15 can be carried up stairs with ease, and because there's no rotary rocking action common with rotary machines, you don't have to worry about your technicians dinging walls, knocking over china or accidentally scratching wood or stone floors.
The CX-15 can be run with either a portable or truckmount to clean residential and commercial carpets.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
So after all of the years of Jet spray needs to be 1/16th of an inch behind the glide to get proper rinsing and drying ability, jets hitting 14"s behind are fine? Hope it works better then it looks.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya it was cleaning but the spray hits the carpet at all angles, the vacuum is almost doing flood removal

After the fact. I will take the vacuum off my wand in extreme soil areas and flood the carpet and rinse it that will pull a lot of dirt too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom