Fels Naptha

Name
Austin Willoughby
Is fels naptha bar soap still being used by anyone on here as a spotter? Seems it used to be the miracle spotter back in the day. I never really used it but was just curious if having 1 or so on the truck is worth it?

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Jeff T
What stains specifically does it treat?
Grease, oil, high traffic lanes, extra omf on a multitude of spots… boosts peroxide spotters, because it’s a ‘hard’ bar, acts dual purpose, agitates and spots @ the same time…

Very useful on oily spots on upholstered fabric…

Useful? Yes, it has a place on my person daily….

Just make sure to rinse well.

Name
Austin Willoughby
Grease oil, high traffic lanes, extra omf on a multitude of spots… boosts peroxide spotters, because it’s a ‘hard’ bar, acts dual purpose, agitates and spots @ the same time…

Useful? Yes, it has a place on my person daily….
That's what I was wondering. Sounds like it can be used as a primary spotter for most stuff.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I primarily use power gel, but I use fels when that fails, and on upholstery too.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I still use it on occasion. I keep a bottle of it (liquid) for those random black spots that need a little help. It actually rinses out better than power gel and works just as good.
To liquify it just grate it up and mix with warm water … about half a cup in a 32 oz bottle.

(Bear in mind that Mikey can’t make any money off of Fels, so TopsSpot must be better.)

Name
Austin Willoughby
I still use it on occasion. I keep a bottle of it (liquid) for those random black spots that need a little help. It actually rinses out better than power gel and works just as good.
To liquify it just grate it up and mix with warm water … about half a cup in a 32 oz bottle.

(Bear in mind that Mikey can’t make any money off of Fels, so TopsSpot must be better.)
When I was making my own prespray I used it that way mixed in. Never really got a chance to use it. Wondered how well it would work.

Name
Jeff T
Lol I still have some from when I was making my own pre spray but just keep forgetting to try it as a stand alone spotter.
Get yourself a pouch from Homedepot, put a bar of it in there, and get a little squirt bottle, fill with diluted TOPS spot, clip it on your belt, and everybody will be happy, including your customers….

Oh, and throw a gum getter in there for good measure…

Name
Jeff T
Using the bar is inconvenient
Plus you look like a real GOOBER with a pouch on
We all have developed a system that works for us…

My ‘system’ has made me 500K this year off of ONE truck.

You are running 2 trucks, are you there yet???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom