filling the hydro force with powder

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So as I sit here waiting on a key.......

What do you guys use to fill the hydro force when you put powders in?

I have a slightly larger funnel but even then I have to poke it through...kind of a pita

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Doug, this is what I use
ujade7yj.jpg
you can get it at any auto store

www.priceisrightcarpetcleaning.com

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
No funnel for me, I just dump it in the Hole with the 2 ounce scoop that comes with powermax.

I'm using the Mytee 7 quart jug though, maybe that helps?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Name
Nate W.
You can't be serious Douglas! Mix the powder with hot water before pouring it into the HF... :clap: And to think, you had the nerve to talk crap about your buddies Joey and your good friend who runs his Apex on anything but high... :icon_twisted:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Sophisticated porty-hacks prefer to pre-fill a few 20 oz Gatorade bottles with powder.
Stick the Gatorade bottle neck right into the hydroforce and spin it to empty it.
To fill the Gatorade bottles, I found if you cut the neck off a Poland Spring 16oz water bottle, it will fit perfectly inside the Gatorade neck and even stay standing up so you can scoop right into it.
No poking required, as a little jiggle will usually do it.:lol:

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I use the newer jugs that have bigger mouths. Then I just pour the powder in with the 2oz portioning cup supplied with most chemicals. Then as I fill with Hot water from the fresh tank I shake it for the first 1/3 of the jug fill. I have never had a problem with any powder mixing.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
hydroforce has a new 7 quart jug with a removable cap on the back, before that I used a funnel

oops, just read Billy's reply, same as Billy

Name
Lee Stockwell
A canning funnel made for filling quart glass Mason jars.

I "borrowed" my wife's and have it tied with a string next to the Spraymaster hanger.

However the funnel is for the boys, I just use the product scoop. The secret to doing it with the scoop is to put the entire scoop INSIDE the jug before dumping it= no spillage.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
A canning funnel made for filling quart glass Mason jars.

I "borrowed" my wife's and have it tied with a string next to the Spraymaster hanger.

However the funnel is for the boys, I just use the product scoop. The secret to doing it with the scoop is to put the entire scoop INSIDE the jug before dumping it= no spillage.

:clap::clap:

all good ideas....and I do have the 7 qt bigger one...then i never take the valve part off...And I just bought one of those low profile bigger ones...

hate using the damn 2oz scoop....plus like Lee said above.....

I like the premixed gatorade idea though...hummmm

steve_64

i just cup my hand around the mouth of the jug and pour with the other one. but i stopped using powders in my hydroforce. havent had it clog since. now i use a 2 gallon pump up for powders.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I mix in a 2 gallon jug like Ron, and pour it into the HF jug all mixed up already. The nice thing about doing it this way is you can add the booster of choice for the what ever your dealing with right to your HF.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use a 20 oz gatorade bottle that is pre-filled and pre-measured with cleaning agent to fill them. at the shop I have a scoop that is 12 oz and a large funnel to fill the gatorade bottles with. It is fast accurate and saves lots of room in the van that would be used up with larger containers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom