Finally.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
out with the old and with the new....been a long time coming...

IMG_6072.jpg

came just in time...I got a huge 2 story empty and a 5 area empty do do tomorrow...

the 700 will make it a breeze................life is good......

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Looks nice in there.

I am hoping to get one maybe by summer. I am spending the bulk of what I have on advertising and image right now.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ross Buettner said:
Looks nice in there.

I am hoping to get one maybe by summer. I am spending the bulk of what I have on advertising and image right now.

Honestly......get one and set yourself apart and live off referrals....thats what I do........

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
After all the advice you gave and probably made half dozen sales or so, good for you to have one.

I have been pretty happy with mine, although I don't pull it out on all residential jobs. I am still having a little trouble with the thicker/longer naps. I posted the one picture a little while ago. I had another one - one of my repeats with 2 bigger dogs that I do about every 6 months. Busted the Hoss out on it thinking easy work. It was even bogging down into the carpet some. The carpet was a little loose (not ripple loose, but not tight) in traffic areas.

Anyway, finished it out with Hoss. I trimmed up the tile edges and thought let me test the traffic area. Big difference when I took ran one stroke of the wand on it.

Watch the thicker/longer naps - I haven't figured out the secret yet. Maybe they need higher flow?

Mikey P

Administrator
Too much vacuum can chase it to bogged as well.
First time I ran my HOSS was on a thick wool rug in a drive way. Just one fifty footer of 2.5 was used and I nearly blew the machine up :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
50 foot of 2.5.. with a 68 blower...your lucky you didn't strip the rug...

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
It's very important to use a high qaulity extension cord especially in situations where the motor is going to rely on all the torque that it can generate to over come vacuum like Mike tested it with as well as extra dense carpet pile. This is one of the reasons we let people supply their own cord so the unit is weighed down bya super heavy one. Also it means that the cord with not get twisted and broken down like so many do from being wrapped on an off the machine. Oh and to make the cost of replacing a cord much cheaper than one that must be purchased from a distributor versus Lowes or the Home Depot.

Increasing the flow could also help to impprove the lubrication that good quality detergents provide.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Bill Bruders said:
It's very important to use a high qaulity extension cord especially in situations where the motor is going to rely on all the torque that it can generate to over come vacuum like Mike tested it with as well as extra dense carpet pile. This is one of the reasons we let people supply their own cord so the unit is weighed down bya super heavy one. Also it means that the cord with not get twisted and broken down like so many do from being wrapped on an off the machine. Oh and to make the cost of replacing a cord much cheaper than one that must be purchased from a distributor versus Lowes or the Home Depot.

Increasing the flow could also help to impprove the lubrication that good quality detergents provide.

Thanks for this note. It is a good cord but not the best. We run our crb, orbitec, and cimex with it. The torque on the Hoss may be a little more. I will upgrade the cord.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
Jim Martin said:
what jet and orfice combo are you running...

I have the 3 long and 2 short with the smallest orifice @ 500psi (but on a 250 ft solution line). My greenhorn runs much more flow at 15 @ 700 psi.

get yourself a 25 foot 12/3 extension cord...that is going to be the best for this machine...
I get the ones that are lighted at the female end...much better to know you have power there...

keep the smallest orfice in and drop your pressure to about 350 to 400...

this machine will clean faster then any one out there...but...
you still have to pace yourself on the different types.....
you want to slow yourself down on the thicker type carpets and give it enough time to do its job...
you can pick up the pace on the commercial grade type nylons...
and even speed up some on the CGD...

it will take a bit to get use to but once you find the sweet spot..you will see what I mean...

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim I followed your suggestion and have always used the smallest flow disc.

Are you sure the others wont let me go faster with out over wetting?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

with that 68 blower your running you may be the exception...and be able to bump it up.....give it a try and let me know...

if you want me to get into more depth with this.....let me know...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
I got a huge 2 story empty and a 5 area empty do do tomorrow...

For God's sake. What is your 360i,chopped liver?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3c5l97ia]I got a huge 2 story empty and a 5 area empty do do tomorrow...

For God's sake. What is your 360i,chopped liver?[/quote:3c5l97ia]

it does not work well on the higher pile carpets...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:

I talking to a guy on the phone who has a Hoss and is on the fence with it....he is pretty much running the same blower as I am...he was using 400 PSI and the 52 ..(medium disk) and was having to dry stroke his carpets with the wand after he was done....
I did a 2 story house yesterday..fully carpeted up stairs and down..( except the kitchen )...

I changed the disk to the 52 and did all upstairs using 350 PSI..ended up getting the wand and dry stroking the entire thing....

switched back to the 48..kept the PSI at 350 and did all of down stairs and never had to use the wand to dry stroke..
carpets came out great...

I hate it when I question myself.. but I am 100% sure that a very large percentage of people who use this are better off with the 48 disk....

as wet as the carpets were with my blower using the 52..I am pretty sure you can use it with your 68 and be fine...

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ross Buettner said:
Looks nice in there.

Dude dont waste your money on another board fad machine. I heard all the same shit about the 360i . My 360i gets used maybe once a month , other than that it sits in storage. A good high flow wand and an agitation device weather it be a crb or a 175 will do just fine. I could almost have another used tm with all the money I pissed away on gadgets and fad chemicals that went by the wayside. or better yet stick with your plan and pump it in to advertising

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
good plan...get a 175 and scrub it all in and then get a wand and extract....

or just get a good rotary and do it all in one step.... :roll:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Be careful with that boat anchor in two story houses.

I recommend hiring someone to assist getting that thing up and down the stairs.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
George III said:
Be careful with that boat anchor in two story houses.

I recommend hiring someone to assist getting that thing up and down the stairs.

if my skinny ass with 4 screwed up disk in my neck can get it up and down by myself...I am sure any one of you guys can....getting it in and out of the truck was my only challenge....but I fixed that yesterday....

IMG_6076.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ACE said:
great looking truck Jim.

I hope the 700 lives up to the hype.

It is a great rotary...but like all of them out there.....it is not going to work for everyone..

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I had 4 screwed uo disks in my neck starting at the #1 down.

Imsomniac for about ten years man.

Could turn my head 1/4th one way and practically do the exorcist the other.

Hand me a cigarette please.

Its a miracle but I'm all better now.

Congrats on the hoss!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin said:

Well I can definitely see the need for the hoist for the hoss, such an aptly named machine. Dan Blocker, who played Hoss Cartwright from the Bonanza series comes to mind. Fooker was 300 lbs. when his heart exploded at age 43. For whatever reason that I cannot fathom, your 360i doesn't serve you well. I use it on all carpets, thick and thin and it performs flawlessly, plus I can carry it with one hand like an attache case.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No matter what I do I can not get it to stop streaking on most carpets

Sent from my iPad. Jim Martin

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I'm pretty sure it is a psi issue. If you turn the psi down low to 200 -300 and just let the vacuum heads do the agitation the streaking issue will disappear. When I run the 360i at the higher psi's that I run my Ti wand I get swirly streaks that are difficult to remove.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
I'm pretty sure it is a psi issue. If you turn the psi down low to 200 -300 and just let the vacuum heads do the agitation the streaking issue will disappear. When I run the 360i at the higher psi's that I run my Ti wand I get swirly streaks that are difficult to remove.

not those type of streaks...I can deal with the swirly stuff....

the streaks I am having a problem with are only on the thicker type carpets..
as I am cleaning the thicker stuff the machine is sucking down into the carpets and I am 100% sure it is blocking the jets and it is not flushing all areas out....

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

but if I put it on CGD..Berber..and even some commercial nylons...the thing stays above the carpet and does a great job...

IMG_5307.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom