First Direct Mail Postcard!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
But this time i am asking for feedback before and having phillip design it. The demo is top 1% in households for my market which is about 4000 but we will go to 5000. Using EDDM so this will be carrier routes, the back will be tile. The layout will be like the merry maids card shown in another thread and NO pricing!

Here are some pictures, do you like any or have any you do like anywhere?

coffeespotamherstny_zpsc85e9c4b.jpg

freshsmelling_zps6e9e5e35.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Cool, point me to a picture that doesn't suck.

If anyone has a picture that is good let me know and i will buy it.

FredC

Village Idiot
Probably the one he picks, assuming you mean Phillip Newell, and not your ideas..........again assuming these weren't his stock pic choices.

granted the pic choice depends a lot on the overall layout

Mikey P

Administrator
I think something much more personal is much more effective for the crowd that already knows you..

much like your new site, those photos lack any sort of personality or emotion.

well maybe the hot chick with the suck mop but I assume you don't clean for many bachelors

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The picture is just to draw in the viewer and to help keep it from going directly into the trash. I like to make them interesting and somewhat humorous. Many of yours are just plain boring. Make sure it is large enough to get attention. But, remember the other element are just as important. The headline works much like the picture. It draws in the viewer and sets the tone. Then you need the Copy, Call to action, Easy to read contact information, Testimonials or other ways to ad credibility etc....

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
so you plan to send this out to 5000 people with a cute picture.. and no pricing? |What are you trying to accomplish? Direct mail is a direct response media. If you want calls you have to put some kind of offer on it. If you are simple trying to brand yourself other media works much better (billboards, tv, radio).

As for pictures I would think that a more perosonalized one would work much better. A picture of you in front of your van, or in a home cleaning with a smile, or even just in a nice home talking to a homeowner.

As a final note, you actually need to pick the picture after you choose your headline. If your headline is (we prevac so you don't have to) then show a picture of you vacuuming, if your headline is that Our cleaning process is safe for your family and pets then show a baby playing with a puppy on the carpet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the girl with the legs....oops. You mean for carpet cleaning? Maybe the dog one???

Here is one that I'm wanting to send out in a client email list thought Constant Contact or Mail Chimp rather than pay for printing and postage.

We just have to build the list of email addresses now.

Ducts_zps279b09dc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
As for pictures I would think that a more perosonalized one would work much better. A picture of you in front of your van, or in a home cleaning with a smile, or even just in a nice home talking to a homeowner.

As a final note, you actually need to pick the picture after you choose your headline. If your headline is (we prevac so you don't have to) then show a picture of you vacuuming, if your headline is that Our cleaning process is safe for your family and pets then show a baby playing with a puppy on the carpet.

Actual good/specific advice, Richard(Not Chavez)...

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
It all depends on the content. Can you tie your content and benefit statement to the pictures. The only one I really don't like is the one with the vacuum and clean strip of carpet. That vacuum wouldn't do that so I don't like it. The others could be ok.

The one of with the coffee could be tied into a "Don't let a spill ruin your day" and then talk about carpet protector and your spot and spill warranty. The one with the pretty girl and the flower could be about how your "Risk Free Cleaning Service can bring her peace of mind" The one with the vacuum could be a "Carpets so clean you will feel like dancing" . Those may all suck I didn't really think about any of them except to try to tie into the picture. Spend some time getting the benefit statement down and they could be fine.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I hope you are planning on sending at least 15000 cards to those 5000 eddm new clients, or else you might not get a very good response.

Back
Top Bottom