First Rotomolded TM Recovery Tank

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just received this new 80 Gallon rotomolded recovery tank :
80galrecov1.jpg

Nice thick cross-linked poly tank w/2" intake. I have no doubts it will withstand 20" hg.
The large SS filter basket was well designed and the floor brackets were very sturdy.
The price is less than an aluminum tank.
The age of poly tanks may be near.
I also received this rotomolded shelf:
rotoshelf1.jpg

You can add more shelves for a taller space.
Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have decided to go with that for any TM I ever buy from here on out... Are they going to make them with 2.5 hose inlets by request? Could you link two of them together if you have a box truck?

When buying a new TM, would using this tank instead of there's void my warranty?

That tank is sweet!!!! With the cost of metal as high as it is, the design and materials used are perfect!!

Greenie

I'm gonna go with Yes to all of your questions at this point, if for nothing else, a 2.5" hole saw is only $15....all things are possible.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
That's one butt ass ugly looking tank. But I guess if the price were right it could grow on me.
How do they compare in price to say a plastic tank made by John's Custom Machine which are pretty pricey.

Greenie

KevinD said:
That's one butt ass ugly looking tank. But I guess if the price were right it could grow on me.
How do they compare in price to say a plastic tank made by John's Custom Machine which are pretty pricey.

Alrighty Brad Pitt, lets have a look see of your waste tank?

I think it looks fine, and would look even better in ALL black.

Name
John LaBarbera
There will be optional left and right reliefs for wheel wells. Also, 2 1/2" inlets. We are also going to make the vac tanks all black. Like Larry said the tank is very strong. one Dist. tested it with the relief valve off and ran it for 20 minutes at 26 hg. Finally he had to shut it down not to damage his blower. The tank was fine. As they say, beauty is only skin deep.

John

http://www.mytee.com

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
That is very ugly and cool in a Lost in Space kinda way. I had a plastic tank for my TM temporararily. I had to put braces inside of it to keep it from collapsing, which it eventually did anyways, but it did work quite well for a while. It wasn't built nearly as well as this one looks.

I used to get shocked pretty good with static electricity though.

Greenie

Pmatte said:
whats the footprint of the tank?

If memory serves it's about 18" x 54", I just estimated it took up the same area as a 100gal square tank. Maybe Larry will hit us with a few measurements.

As for maximum holding capacity, I'm gonan take an educated guess with the baffeling, that it will peak at 72 gal, but that really is dependent on the cfm you are putting through it.

As for float switches etc... See those "flats" on the sides, any one of those is where you will mount bulkhead fittings for floats, bypass, sensors etc...

Fresh tank? that's easy, John wouldn't even have to cut out the other two lids for a fresh...heck he should have released fresh water tanks first...lol

Keep in mind, it's still being developed, it's not "perfect" yet.

I was on mytee's website yesterday checking all of this stuff out. I love the shelves, and some input from someone who has them would be great. I'm researching portables, Greenie, what one are you pimping? is it the M5?

Greenie

Yes, the M-5 is my design. I did however notice the website had the specs wrong, supposed to have high output vac motors on it, 115cfm ea. and 148"h2o lift, so that totals 230 cfm x 148", also it has a 1/2hp driven 500psi pump with oversized cam that actually makes 600psi and 1.7 gpm, and of course auto pump out and auto fill.

Name
John LaBarbera
As some have seen the new website is up but needs some work. What Jeff said is correct. We are also making a riser for the rear cylinder of the vac tank that will not only add capacity it will allow for elevated atttachment of blower fittings. The tank will come with the riser now, so if anyone has the tank let us know and we'll send the riser, no charge. Check out the website and let me know what you think.

www.mytee.com

Greenie

For this market, I don't think you need much more capacity, just a good redneck pump out....oh..and go to a full 2" drain.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd make a compatable deep shelf for the bottom row... Deep & tall enough to hold a 5 or 7 gallon tote/pail of juice. I'll take a free one for the idea. lol

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have some poly fresh tanks that are over 20 years old, and have been in 2 different vans. They never are a problem, and will probably last another 50 years.

They are lightweight, never rust, pit or corrode, nor do they need to be re-welded - ever.

I think you're on to something.

Walt

Have you tested in a working environment. AKA at 120 degrees ambiant temperature. That's got to make a difference in the flex of the plastic.

BTW - Very impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if the more innovative TM designers are using them in a couple of years.

John on the RL 1200 breeze what is the CFM on that? I know it has 2 stages vacs in it...thanks Im testing one out at CSN Pensacola tommorrow I was looking for a dual purpose cleaner, cold water ,auto fill/dump,affordable and this looks to be it..thanks

Greenie said:
Yes, the M-5 is my design. I did however notice the website had the specs wrong, supposed to have high output vac motors on it, 115cfm ea. and 148"h2o lift, so that totals 230 cfm x 148", also it has a 1/2hp driven 500psi pump with oversized cam that actually makes 600psi and 1.7 gpm, and of course auto pump out and auto fill.

How much does it weigh?

Greenie

Last time I rolled one onto the scale I think it clocked in at 135lbs.

As for the RL1200 it's a 100 cfm machine, it's more oriented to tile, if you seriously want to do more carpet, consider the M-12, it's a 200 cfm machine, heated 250psi.

Name
John LaBarbera
C Pennington said:
John on the RL 1200 breeze what is the CFM on that? I know it has 2 stages vacs in it...thanks Im testing one out at CSN Pensacola tommorrow I was looking for a dual purpose cleaner, cold water ,auto fill/dump,affordable and this looks to be it..thanks

200 CFM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom