First Rotomolded TM Recovery Tank

G

Greenie said:
I gotta ask....why would I need to see how full a waste tank is?
I always thought that was a silly idea even on portables, when the fresh is empty, I'm dumping.

Ron, this 1st generation wasn't created to be the MikeyBoard super waste tank, it was created as a lightweight low cost alternative, in just about any installation I'm gonan use an Auto Pump out, I don't "need" it to be larger, and if you were a portable extractor mfgr. and wanted to use this with your units, or as the base to an elec. TM, you wouldn't want it any larger. Do you realize that the average slide in doesn't have an 80 gal tank, sheet..I've known prochems to shut off as low as 55gal.

Ron Werner said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":2o6c3gjy]Scott;

The actual tank measures 16" wide x 50" long.

Mounting brackets add 2 3/4" for each bracket.

I will post a picture of the 2" dump valve later.

Larry

SO for a half decent size recovery tank, 160gal (144gal realistic) would need 32"x50".

They are 3ft high?
Seems an odd volume when most rec tanks are 100gal, esp when most guys on this board are going through more water than the average cleaner with us using greenhorns and glides and highflow.

Nothing against this design but has anyone heard any feedback on the plastic tanks John's Machine Shop was producing last year? Thick walled plastic, custom shape/fit, well baffled, translucent so you could see how full the tank was.
[/quote:2o6c3gjy]

Maybe he likes carrying all that water (like a fetish) :lol: Ron get a pump out.

Name
Nate W.
Kevin P said:
Maybe he likes carrying all that water (like a fetish) :lol: Ron get a pump out.

Ron suffers from the same thing I suffer from. We both don't like to dump anyplace but home. :lol:

Imo, all recovery tanks should have a natural slope to the drain. I'd make it a hell of alot easier to rinse out and keep clean.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Guess I wasn't sold on a pumpouts reliability when the new truck was put together. Just one more thing to break down and one more hose to hook up. That and I've been cleaning with a tm with 200gal capacity since 96. Its never been a big deal with the weight, the truck is more than capable, and on some larger jobs it sure came in handy. Nothing breaks down on a recovery tank. Are APO's that reliable?

As for seeing the water level, its just another indicator of extraction efficiency. See the level of water go down in the soln tank and rise in the recovery, its nice to know they'll meet in the middle.

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Thought I would post some pictures of the new tank riser. You'll notice it still has plenty of flat spots for mounting plumbing. It's also removable. This is now going to be coming standard with every tank.

PIX005.jpg

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Sorry,

I had to resize the picture to get it to fit, and now it's a little grainy. I'll try to get a cleaner one up tomorrow.

Thanks.

Scott Rogers

ok, looks good but is it too tall to fit over the wheel well in a ford or Chevy van?

In post above the said it will/does have that option to mount over the wheel well

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Scott,

The wheel well relief part of the mold is being built. It will be reversable, left or right hand.

John

Scott Rogers

Greenie said:
All tanks with wheel well reliefs affect capacity....silly rabbit.

Not if he compensates for it by going slightly longer,wider and/or taller :roll:

Farenheit251

I'm thinking Mytee's primary market is going to be guys with an old machine whose tank rotted out. Machines probably not worth much(note the poor dump tank that rotted) but they need to get a few more years out of it. What he is making is perfect for them.
There are alot more BDCC looking for cheap than there are high performance guys.

Greenie

Scott Rogers said:
Not if he compensates for it by going slightly longer,wider and/or taller :roll:

The mold is already done. Notice the riser, it's an addon second mold piece. Adding the Releif for wheel well is already costing a bunch of money, i don't see John changing the size and dimensions of teh mold much at this point. In my opinion, it holds enough to offer a viable option to the market, I still think it's best served as a vacuum tank than a water tank, in fact you don't need or want the riser piece for water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom